Just Catching Up

USMCGator

Hey guys old school member of W18 here, just checkin for info, and couldn't find active threads other than this.

Any info on what happened to xGoCx?

I was a founding member of the xGoDx and stayed on for awhile, eventually taking over as duke and brokering the merger that made it xGoCx before RL issues required me to leave.

I saw that wolveshowl is doing quite well. Is he active on the forum at all?

Sorry for going a little of topic forum moderator(i did introduce myself!)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I liked your post so I made a new thread instead of deleting it =)

DeletedUser

I remember you. I was playing mhausig around the time xGoDx attacked me. Despite having the ODD title now I can honestly say that the opening wave from you guys was the best timing I've seen of any attacks against me on W18. It didn't work and the ensuing attacks from the scrub brigade were hilariously bad but seeing all those same second attacks when I'd never had incomings before was nerve-wracking.

Shortly after that I went on hiatus and missed the whole xGoCx forming thing. I don't know much of what happened with them until this past summer when I came back to the account. At that time xGoCx merged in some exFuse and promptly started attacking me again. Shortly thereafter, they fell apart.

As much as I'd like to claim credit, it was mainly due to -MM- poaching a few big players and then merging in the rest during the ensuing instability. There was also issues with big players going inactive or getting banned and a good deal of internal strife that I believe led to a few players joining ~S~ instead. The formation of IM caused further decline as ex-INF took control of the family and pretty much left the northern -MM- players and ex-GoC to fend for themselves. What's left of GoC is pretty much in total chaos now and has only survived through a NAP arrangement with BA that has left those players without any enemies to attack and a surplus of inactives and barbed out members to eat through.

USMCGator

=)

Thanks for the info!

Yes I remember that as being our only failed op the entire time I was with xGoDx, it was strange being my first world and thinking, "Man this game is so easy"

LOL, as it turns out there is much more to a tribes success than being successful at attacking, defending and nobling.

xGoDx was pretty unique that for a bunch of noobs we bred a pretty good culture of aggressiveness. It seems that they had a pretty good run after I left.

As far as the timings you guys did a really good job of manning that account and sniping/prenobling to minimize losses. It became such an issue because of the travel times that it almost became worthless to continue the op.

But yes we were pretty good at the old shock and awe campaign. Usually we overwhelmed tribes with the timing and taking of 90% of the battle-line villas that they just fell apart within a couple of days, consequently we weren't too good at a sustained war, LOL.

It looks as if they did pretty well for awhile as they existed as a top 5 tribe for almost a year and a half or so.