Knife in the back

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
You would think that after being backstabbed in the speed rounds, I would have known better. But nope, history has once again repeated itself. I place trust in a tribe because they go a little out of their way to help me out simply because I show an interest in joining...only to get the knife in the back a week later.

Now admittedly I'm not among the best of the best players out there. I can always learn more about the game and still make mistakes. I do have a general idea as well as moderate experience. Those of you who have seen me know that I have the guts to try and do things no other player would do. Those of you who haven't...we'll just say I was crazy/brave enough to try and noble core villages from the number 1 player in world 12 and managed to impress him with my attacks and fake support. But now the game has changed. Impressing that one player several years ago isn't impressive enough anymore. Being on the winning side in multiple worlds is impressive enough, and to that I have not been on the winning side as of yet.

Even though I haven't been among the winners of the world, you would think I could get into some of the elite tribes. You would think that with an ODA well above my points, along with a fairly decent ODD, past experience, and answering every question about the game as well as showing I knew how to do things would have been enough to get into a good tribe. Nope. In fact I only qualified for the "basher" tribe for DMW that had just been made.

Experience tells me that Basher tribes usually end up as food in one way or another with few players really making it to the main tribe. Indeed, DMW is going to use this basher tribe to do what they cannot - easily noble the smaller players. So when I got into the basher tribe, I knew there was a chance I would end up as food if I didn't play my cards right.

Sure enough, not even a couple days into the tribe and I'm already dismissed. Inquiries into the matter and GOG says I'm a spy for a player who is in a solo tribe. The player was a former tribe mate and further back was the leader of a former tribe. Now from the other side, I could see why that would be a cause of concern. However, GOG the Deceiver seems to want to throw accusations out there with no real evidence. He had 2 reasons why he thought I was a spy. The first was noble claims. When noble claims were made against that player, suddenly the villages in question were stacked with defensive troops. The second was an inactive DMW player that I had taken 2 villages from. GOG seemed to find it suspicious that the player somehow knew the inactive DMW player's villages were clear.

The first reason is countered with the simple fact that the noble claims were never shared between DMW and the basher tribe. In fact I had asked in a shared forum if it could be set up to avoid cross nobling. It never was. So how on earth could I have known which villages were claimed?

The second reason is countered with the fact that the player in the solo tribe sent fakes with scouts. Upon taking the 2nd village from the inactive player, I had 33 incomings from the player in the solo tribe. All of them were ram fakes with scouts and were obviously sent out before I took the village. Now considering how the inactive DMW player was sat I'm surprised that GOG didn't know how the player in the solo tribe knew the inactive player was clear when fakes were sent to him and maybe others in DMW.

With both reasons countered, I realized the obvious truth. GOG is lying. And why shouldn't he lie? He is known as GOG the Deceiver after all. The truth is, GOG the Deceiver along with Wafflefriend, my other point of contact in DMW, had planned to screw me over all along. Lull me into a false sense of security then throw me out there into wilderness being unable to survive on my own.

It's rather sad that GOG and Wafflefriend chose to lie, deceive, and backstab someone who wasn't a threat to them. Had I been allowed to grow a bit more and recover from my losses against Blues players when I was in Enigma, then I could have been a good DMW teammate. Going back to world 12 I had the balls to attack someone over 5 times my size, something no one else was brave or crazy enough to do. In this world I helped out former tribe members by sending a partial nuke so that they could take back a village, clear an enemy target, etc. Even when I wasn't sure the nuke would survive I still sent it to help out another tribe member. I could have brought all of that and more to DMW.

Yet instead, DMW seems to consider me unworthy of their membership. No wait, they don't have the balls to tell me that themselves. They'd rather lie and make false accusations about me being a spy so that they can try and justify their action of throwing an experienced player down into the ground.

Today it's me that has gotten screwed over. Tomorrow it could be you. Think about it.

As for what happens next, DMW has made an enemy out of something that could have been an asset. I have restarted to the other side of the world. Should I do well this time where I'm at I will work my way up to where I could be a thorn in DMW's side. They will have to work hard with me around to win the world. Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but it'll sure be fun giving them a harder time winning when I could have given them an easier time.

If I don't do well this time I'll simply hit delete and patiently wait for the day DMW gets into a serious war with someone. War is inevitable in this game. When that happens, I'll grab an account in the opposing tribe and give DMW hell.

tl;dr version

DMW backstabbed me and I will have my vengeance in this account or the next!

conquer323

I don't really see a point in this post. The nature of the game is dog-eat-dog.

conquer323

Stop killing my scouts and I'll stop scouting your village. I just want a peak. <3

DeletedUser111495

Morale of the story: Dont join a shit tribe and then stay there till things go tits up and then moan on the forums afterwards...

conquer323

Sounds like a lovely morale. I'm glad we could all share this experience together.

DeletedUser

Can't be bothered reading...is it worth the read?

- Jake

DeletedUser

WoW, I have had terrible insomnia for the past days and what you know, I found the cure, just read this long winded tantrum and I fall right asleep. Thanks Random you the man

MrRandomGuy

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
WoW, I have had terrible insomnia for the past days and what you know, I found the cure, just read this long winded tantrum and I fall right asleep. Thanks Random you the man

Glad to be of service. While it is indeed boring now (which is why I put a tl;dr version at the end,) the story will become much more interesting in the distant future.

DeletedUser

10 green bottles standing on the wall.. 1 Green bottle accidently falls
9 Green bottles standing on the wall..............