LA Enhancer Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser124168

Hi there.

LAE seems to be one of the best scripts for farming given the level of complexity and variability than can be setup on a per target basis using the master button and profile functions.
To the extent that simply by holding the space-bar can allow highly efficient farming. - It even has an automatic village switching function so that I barely have to think.

There is some debate between some friends of mine however, whether its a legal move in game, to put an object on the button used to automatically farm, so you can effectively make a cup of tea while that weighted object farms for you.
As I said though, I've had conflicting answers about the legality of it.

My assumption is that it is illegal because any script or tool that would result in more than one action being undertaken via a single button press is an illegal move and counts as a bot.
However some others disagree because its part of the function of a fully approved script.

Mods - Is it legal to farm via weighted spacebar in LAE?

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Punishments are standardized and internally written down on paper, so there's no way to deviate from them (as those would be checked in case of a complaint).
While people might believe they receive harder punishments than others, it literally is done through a strict set of guidelines. Punishments may differ depending on context and other variables, but even those are all written down, so everyone is treated just the same.

As for the script itself, we will look into it.

DeletedUser124168

Having thought about it. It is kind of dumb that this approved script can get you banned for using one of its intended features that is so very widely used.
Im actually slightly concerned it can be used as an excuse to penalise people on command.

If for example I reported the top 10 farmers by plunder count in an opposing tribe, there's a good chance that (no exaggeration) all of them use this script and the very idea that they dont hold the button but rather "press it 5 times a second" is ludicrous, whether they hit bot protection or not.
I would wager money on the fact that all users of the script do this, even users who are themselves staff- hold the button down rather than pressing 5 times a second.
Do they hold it with their finger, their cat, a bot, a crudely constructed actual robot, a macro? Do they use the spacebar from a different smaller keyboard to hold down the A key?

This script needs removing until such a time that a modified version that prevents the holding down of the button is developed, otherwise the use of this script used by all serious farmers can be weaponized by opposing players.

Stalker1988

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I am scared to farm now and I've never used any illegal/unapproved method to farm...It's a shame what TW has turned into. The mods approved this script. They allowed it..Now they are banning people for it.

Why lead players on by approving scripts and then just start banning them out of the blue when you feel like it, for something that you mods said was okay?

This needs to be sorted out.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Thank you for your messages. I will repeat the things here that we have stated to several members of your tribe over the last few days.

First of all, you can stop fishing for how we detect the difference. Fact is that we do. We won't share how. Take it or leave it.

Secondly, our detection mechanisms are based on a way that if you walk away from your keyboard and farm with a weight, it triggers the same behavior as any other farm bot. As has been the policy for the last 5+ years, you will be banned for it.

Do not be ignorant and believe we can not make the difference. You know what you did, you broke a rule that has been in place for years, and you'll have to face the consequences.
Your attempts to ruin the script for thousands of players that do use the script correctly (and these are thousands per day that never get banned for it) are honestly quite sickening. Stay at your computer like everyone else is and do not try to get an advantage by having it auto-farm while doing other things. If you do, you won't get banned as it is impossible to trigger our detection that way.

Summary: follow the rules or face the consequences.

We will not revisit this subject, therefore - topic closed. Further attempts of this will be considered discussing a ban, and will be dealt with accordingly. You can hereby consider yourselves warned. You have had enough opportunities over the past few days.

End of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.