Leadership or abusing smaller tribal members for personal gain

Lord Noj

Here is the issue:

My tribe has a rule that whilst in war the tribe does not take barbarians or bonus villages.

The rule is abused by most members of the tribe but the tribal leadership metes out punishments to smaller players by nobling their villages to make an example of them. However despite this larger players and leaders freely noble barbs without any "punishment"

Would the forum consider this a reasonable rule or just an excuse to allow tribal leaders to take smaller tribal members villages.

I might add that I have just taken a bonus village near to me as I only have one village. As an active player and actively supporting larger players I am not large enough to grow quickly with only one mixed village. Interestingly my glorious leader is the one attacking me and nobling my village. (I should point out that he also has ALL my support troops in his villages defending against attack. This he knows and has used this advantage to take my village)

Comments please

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If you're tribe nobled you for taking a bonus villa, then to me that is just stupid and i would noble the duke :)

My opinion tell you're duke were to go...and find a new tribe.

DeletedUser51395

It's a reasonable rule but if they take them it's rather unfair.

Even if they weren't, a 2k, 100% iron bonus is worthy of an exception in my opinion.
(I assume you've withdrawn your support?)

Lord Noj

A bonus village one field away from me is begging to be taken and a good target for an enemy. Also a valuable addition to growing an offensive army

Yes support is withdrawn, unfortunately they won't get back in time to save my village.

DeletedUser51395

Be sure to smash any offence you have into it the second after his nobles hit, I'm guessing it's outside of his church radius (oh yeah, the church is yet another reason why their rules are stupid) so you should be able to make him hurt for his stupidity.

Lord Noj

If only life was so simple, the village being nobled is not the bonus village but my main village. With supporting attacks on the new village as well. My options lie only in sniping and that will be in a very short time, so keep watching this channel ;)

Hence my original question about questionable leadership.

DeletedUser

I am not that surprised about this seeing that you are in B-HUNS .. the very reason of their formation was to eat them up when you are worth eating :lol: And mind you , you are not the first one to be eaten and won't be the last. :icon_idea: Just play better next time :)

Lord Noj

That is apparent now.

and yes from mistakes come knowledge.

But that does not make for good leadership or abusing the players under your direction, especially when they are actively supporting other tribe members. I've played in lots of worlds and am disappointed to find a leader that does not use the strengths of all players to improve the tribe

DeletedUser

Mate a lesson for you never join an academy or something of that type.. :) I guess your playing in other worlds didn't help you here but still keep learning and don't repeat the same mistakes again. Best of Luck :icon_smile:

DeletedUser

That happened to me on another world. Fortunately, I saw the disrepect we were getting, had an experience like that on a prior world and knew their intentions. They were allowing us to build up our villages and then strike when the time was right. Suffice to say, many of our members freaked out and sought refuge in other tribes. A few of us stayed and fought back tooth and nail. The #5 tribe v the #42 tribe...a huge mis-match. In the end, I am happy to say that about 5 of us subsequently were Invited into their tribe. When a 1400 ranked player nobles 3 villages off the 85th ranked player and then beats down his re-take attempts it tends to gain their attention.

So to Lord Noj, it certainly is a question of play and learn. It has happened to many more players than just those that have posted here. Seems like you know how to play and I wish you the best of luck whether you have to re-start in this world or elect to play another world.

DeletedUser

I've lead a academy tribe before, but left soon after.

I didn't really like it how they thought they could own me and left to join to main tribe, I gave away our spy in another tribe noobs XD

DeletedUser

Yea watch out for family tribes. all they do is recruit and then noble your smaller members villages in the academy when they get big enough. I have seen it happen on plenty of worlds before.

So best of luck and dont join any family tribes in the future

Lord Noj

Maybe I've been unlucky this time, I have played in other tribes including academy's which have worked well as proving grounds for new players.

I have restarted. Lets see what I can do now..

Thanks for the comments and advice

toransu

I have a family tribe(s) on another world, and our plans are not to abuse our smaller players, but to help them grow and stay with us - my idea of a game and having fun is to help tribe members and grow as a tribe - not abuse them for my personal gain - that's what all the other tribes are for :)

'Course, not everyone plays that way. I've had an experience in 44 where our 'esteemed' leader sold out his 'friend' and the rest of the tribe, but I find that to be a personality defect (read, friendless social retard), not an indictment of the idea of a tribe.

DeletedUser

you were nobled out because you didn't follow one simple but very important rule.

Don't noble someones barb farm...

If you noble an enemies farm he will kill you too, so why should we let you noble our farms.

DeletedUser

you were nobled out because you didn't follow one simple but very important rule.

If you noble an enemies farm he will kill you too, so why should we let you noble our farms.

The ducky speaks at last :icon_redface::icon_razz:

USMCGator

Perspective is reality, some people consider it an acceptable practice to noble smaller players in the tribe. Boot bat and noble. It may be your perspective that they took advantage of you and it may be their perspective that you were dead weight and would better serve the tribe relinquishing your villas. Who knows what the truth is, probably somewhere in between. Good tribes are always looking to upgrade their position, ability, members, etc. without sacrificing loyalty to their main member base, all while most likely at war with at least two or three enemy tribes. Tough balance to strike in most cases, which is why most tribes eventually fail.

Everything is a learning experience though so take what positives you can out of it.

DeletedUser

ehhhh the purpose to the Bonus village it isn't to be a farm ;d

DeletedUser82180

My tribe has a rule that whilst in war the tribe does not take barbarians or bonus villages.

Well, if thats a rule. Then why did you break it?

It is a perfectly reasonable request that you do not noble grey wile at war, and yet, you complain when you break a rule and get punished for it. It real life if you break a law you get punished, why should it be different here?