Legality of Merging of Accounts

DeletedUser

I would just like to ask if it is legal to ask "merge accounts". The idea is as follows:

Given that there are 2 people playing close to each other*

I ask a person from my tribe near me to noble my village.

then co-play the account afterwards.

This way, we essentially have 1 account with 2 relatively big villages early. Also, co-playing means more advantageous to both of us as we will have more time to play

DeletedUser

Or you can have a differently player (one that doesn't play that world, could be anyone, your friend from school, whomever) to log in to your account and change the password. So long as you've been off your old account for 24 hours and you no longer know the password to it you can log into the new coplayed account.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

Okay, Understood...

Now listen to this.

Let's say I make 2 accounts, and i set them on "same internet connection"... so that is technically not breaking the rule
now, Let's say that those 2 villages are relatively close to each other...
Now, since "starting over" is available given that you only have 1 village. When those 2 villages are relatively strong enough (1 with alot of troops and noble, while the other only has high points no troops), I can start over the point whore account and take that village with the account with nobles...

will this be legal or not?

Upvote 0

DeletedUser83995

Its not legal but if you sent the same Internet connection you could have probably gotten away with it but with you posting it here they will probably be looking out for you now :p

i believe even with the same internet connection set up they can still ban you as long as they have a doubt it is the same player and you will have to prove other wise. But dont quote me on that one to answer your questions its not legal but its 50/50 if you could get away with it or not.

But it just shows your not good enough to noble someone elses village and it could back fire you could point whore a village and someone else nonbles it now you done wasted your time.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I know it is not legal... marijuana is not legal... but as long as the authority have not detected it... is it actually illegal???

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Upvote 0

DeletedUser40205

when i was a newb to the game before taking over B-ran i started with 2 accounts on the same world (back then i thought the only way to get more than 1 village was to have more than one account ) after playing both accounts i actually ended up as a split personality not realizing both my accounts were within a 20x20 of each other after 2 months i had both accounts running strong in different tribes (with no Internet connection setting saying both on same ) when the main one i was running got big enough i had found that i must keep the accounts marked on the setting which meant i was lucky for not being banned so i let the second go up for deleting and left it 24 hours then nobled my self.... i didnt realise that this was still illegal because i had them on the same connection for so long again i was lucky and didnt get caught... then when i merged my old account with my new i had done it incorrectly and breached the rule and got banned on my old( even though i was taking over a new one) after that i found out how to legally do it... now realising that i beat getting banned twice before i did and that was when i tried to do it when complying with the rules..... my advise just do it properly because doing what i did wasted alot of time... even if i did learn alot :) and you'll soon get caught

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

I know it is not legal... marijuana is not legal... but as long as the authority have not detected it... is it actually illegal???

Ofcourse it's still illegal. That's like saying murder is legal so long as nobody sees you do it. No, you are committing an illegal act. I don't even see how you can be confused about it.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser99311

When you set it to that you have the same connection, pretty much all the same rules apply as if you're sitting that account.

You're not able to have any Corrdination between the 2 accounts. So you can't help eachother out. you can't cordinate attacks or Deffense, you can't send resources.

If you share a connectoin with someone in your same world, best that the 2 accounts go their sepperate ways as if they don't know eachother. becaue you can't corddinate with them.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

you guys do not understand... I have not done this myself, fearing that i will get IP banned...

Now, we will make a hypothetical situation that as far as I know is legal.
*I will be using X as 1 account, Y is the other account.

now, Let us say I make X and Y account in world 62 and set them on same Internet connection
next, Let us say X village and Y village is very near to each other... X and Y village are almost in the same 20x20
next, I grow X village as a troop whore... while i grow Y village as (semi point whore) with enough troops to defend itself
next, X village now has a Noble... Y village is now about 9,000 points...

Now...here's the tricky part... If Y account starts over... the 9,000 point village will now be abandoned...
Now, X account can easily noble that (abandoned) village... X account will now be twice as big... while Y account will be in the rim(then will be set to delete)...

Now, for obvious reason... none of the actions above breaks the rule...

Now, imagine this... if there are 10 accounts... all close to each other... 1 being the main account while the other 9 being the "sacrifices"

I know all are hypothetical and maybe hard to do... but as far as i know... all are legal

please tribalwars authority... solve this question

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

You are breaking the rules with this statement right here.

You can't make 2 accounts.

HUGE FACEPALM... you see... i can say that X account is played by me while Y account is played by my brother... although this is not in any case true... as long as i have this alibi... I DID NOT BREAK A RULE...

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Wallam

Rules said:
§2) Players sharing an Internet Connection

"If you have registered a shared connection, then you are never allowed to interact with the player(s) you are sharing a connection with. Co-ordination within a 3-week period is forbidden if you are sharing a connection. This means that at least 3 weeks must have passed from the date of the last command sent by one player before another player on the connection can start sending commands to the same player."

Examples:

- It is not allowed to use an account in any way that profits another account on the same connection.

Definitions for this rule:
Interaction – Sending attacks, support or resource transports to a player on the same connection.
Coordination – Attacking, supporting or sending resources to the same player, from two or more players sharing a connection.

In short, no you cant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeletedUser

did you read my hypothetical situation...

In real life... I play all the accounts... THIS clearly breaks the rules... BUT YOU do not understand the possibility that I can just make an alibi to the TW authority that although it is the same internet connections... We are different people... saying that X is played by me while Y is played by my brother

are you guys serious? like seriously... I know tribalwars is just for fun (as it is just a game)... but come on...

Upvote 0

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
HUGE FACEPALM... you see... i can say that X account is played by me while Y account is played by my brother... although this is not in any case true... as long as i have this alibi... I DID NOT BREAK A RULE...
If all that were needed was an alibi, then how would people ever get banned for multi-accounting? The accused would simply have to say, "Oh, it was my brother/sister/aunt/dog," and TW support would let him off the hook. This is NOT the case, as I know from having tribemates banned for mult-accounting.

Also, from what I've heard, getting caught lying in support tickets just makes things worse. Here's a quote from the .net CM. Is that official enough for you? :) (Important parts bolded, other parts included for context.)
1. The account was reported to be cheating by botting.
2. An investigation found clear evidence that this was true, the account was banned.
3. The players on the account lied in their appeal, then "came clean".
4. A punishment was offered to the account.
5. The players on the account asked for a smaller punishment.
6. Further investigation revealed that when the players "came clean", they actually lied, and the cheating was more widespread and performed by multiple players on the account.
7. We have a strict policy on botting in order to keep the game fair for those players who are actually good enough at the game to do well without resorting to cheating. The punishment was retracted and the account permanently banned.

Two things to learn from this:

Don't cheat. Don't lie in appeals.

Upvote 0

twenty-five

did you read my hypothetical situation...

In real life... I play all the accounts... THIS clearly breaks the rules... BUT YOU do not understand the possibility that I can just make an alibi to the TW authority that although it is the same internet connections... We are different people... saying that X is played by me while Y is played by my brother

are you guys serious? like seriously... I know tribalwars is just for fun (as it is just a game)... but come on...

There's nothing with the way they think. They are correct, it is against the rules. You make a point that is pretty obvious, but it certainly doesn't change the fact of breaking the rules or not. They are still being broken. You seem to think the only way to identify multi-accounts is by the connection they share, it isn't. Infact it is you who is failing to reason properly, you who is wrong and you who is making a fool of themselves. Your reasoning is very one-dimensional, "look this feature exists to stop accounts played by different people from the same internet connection, it will work if it is the same person too". Your insults are relatively amusing, as you seem to fail to understand the others understand and then imply they are the stupid ones, you sir have achieved a gold star.

Upvote 0

DeletedUser

There's nothing with the way they think. They are correct, it is against the rules. You make a point that is pretty obvious, but it certainly doesn't change the fact of breaking the rules or not. They are still being broken. You seem to think the only way to identify multi-accounts is by the connection they share, it isn't. Infact it is you who is failing to reason properly, you who is wrong and you who is making a fool of themselves. Your reasoning is very one-dimensional, "look this feature exists to stop accounts played by different people from the same internet connection, it will work if it is the same person too". Your insults are relatively amusing, as you seem to fail to understand the others understand and then imply they are the stupid ones, you sir have achieved a gold star.

I certainly do not want to start a fight, and the hypothetical problem has been resolved, thanks to DruidEarth. However, I still believe that the answer to the question "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" is no, not because of the scientific reasoning behind it but rather by the way we look at the question.

Back to your comment. My reasoning have not been one dimensional because i did consider almost all of the possibilities that may arise. In our world today, our actions are decided mainly by the Corporate Law, Social Law, Moral Laws, and Religious Laws. However, different people weighs these laws differently. For example, If a man weighs the Moral Law highly, he will surely not create 2 accounts because he will feel guilt. Another example is if a man weighs the social Law highly, he will surely not create 2 accounts if most of his friends who also play tribal wars only has 1 account... the man will feel socially awkward. And lastly, The corporate law which is very authoritative but can easily be abused (as seen in the corporate law in america). Like me, I believe that if it is not written in the corporate law that stealing is wrong, I would surely steal.

Now, to end this comment, I would like to point out that the "americans" who I have criticized did not take to considerations that these laws exist but rather they thought in one-dimension as if these laws are almost the same.

No worries though, I am not MADBRO

Upvote 0