Leonardo Da Snakee: The Last Ssssupper

DeletedUser118771

prEGcn.gif

Epic Pandas

It was only a matter of time before Atmo's tribe blew up like a balloon.

DeletedUser118986

It was only a matter of time before Atmo's tribe blew up like a balloon.

I would like to shed some light on what happened but will keep names of those involved (except Atmos of course) unknown because we all have moved on.

First and foremost I respect Atmos a lot more than majority of the Tribal Wars community. His skill, friendship, and dedication is something that very few can match and I respect someone who puts forth as much as he does. But there comes a time in a duke's tenure where some key decisions have to be made for better or for worse. So to sum up what happened please read below.

- Tribe mate attempted to sabotage a NAP for the sake of 1 villa which was rightly claimed and cleared with proof by player from the tribe we had a NAP with.
- Then requested an alliance immediately after threatening. Making the tribe look weak.
- Said negative things regarding Atmos to another tribe's duke.
- Gave info on the council to a rival duke.
- Left the tribe, causing a scene we had to immediately deal with.
- Attempted to join the tribe that we had a NAP with which was a clear violation of the NAP term.
- Rejoined our tribe after it looked like the above wouldn't happen.
- Claimed the village again, but had no actual report of clearing as mentioned above.
- NAP tribe's player had report of killing the barb's owners' nuke.
- Villa was assigned to the NAP tribe to keep relations and due to having no evidence to keep it.

Referring back to "there comes a time in a duke's tenure where some key decisions have to be made for better or for worse" the council wanted to keep the said player out of the tribe and not re-invite them. Atmos made the sole decision without anyone knowing and brought the player back into the tribe to please him. Not one word to the council as we all had agreed to keep the player removed and focus on our diplomatic relations which were already tampered by said player. The entire council knew the situation would happen again and sure enough the said player was already complaining about the claim and was willing to intentionally break the NAP. When Atmos was willing to let it happen and not put his foot down the council had had enough and it was time to move forward. It was clear that decisions were not made as a council and our opinions were ignored or replied with simple words to indirectly answer the questions but not actually answer the questions. Only to rely on heavy complimenting and worrying about pleasing players rather than actually doing what was needed to benefit the tribe. It was clear the way the tribe was handled was not what a small group of players were looking for and decided to part ways. That said player who broke the NAP tried to join that tribe again after we all left and was denied because of what was exchanged already (cursing was heavily included).

I wish the best of luck for those who followed Atmos's footsteps and for those of us who parted ways will continue pushing for what we had envisioned and may the better group win.

DeletedUser93954

"His skill, friendship, and dedication is something that very few can match and I respect someone who puts forth as much as he does."

These three things alone don't make a good leader. From what you've just stated, no good leader would have made the decision Atmos made. Opting to make the right choice in a situation as basic as the one you described would fall under skill, however there is more than one way to classify skill. A good player doesn't necessarily mean a good leader, and a good leader doesn't necessarily mean a good player. From the scenario you provided, this was a diplomatic failure from Atmos.

Epic Pandas

"His skill, friendship, and dedication is something that very few can match and I respect someone who puts forth as much as he does."

These three things alone don't make a good leader. From what you've just stated, no good leader would have made the decision Atmos made. Opting to make the right choice in a situation as basic as the one you described would fall under skill, however there is more than one way to classify skill. A good player doesn't necessarily mean a good leader, and a good leader doesn't necessarily mean a good player. From the scenario you provided, this was a diplomatic failure from Atmos.

Although this is completely irrelevant to the actual post, I would argue that good leaders don't necessarily have to be good diplomats. A tribe council should be made up of a range of different types of players and personalities, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. The idea of having a bunch of different types of players and personalities is that where some are weak, others are strong. So it could possibly be seen that Atmo is a weak diplomat (said objectively from what I have seen here, I don't know the guy personally) and his oversight as a leader is not recognising the advice of his council and choosing to blunder around making decisions on his own.

Sinful Super Unicorn

While I was only in PSSST! for a week, Atmos gained my respect in that period of time. No matter what you say about him, it was obvious he tried his best and cared about his tribemates. After we left PSSST!, Atmos sent the entire C9 crew a message titled "Thank you", in which he personally thanked and said a few words (only good things) about everyone who left. He really is a good guy.

DeletedUser117534

Yes he did. Atmos will always have my respect, he is a great guy, bery dedicated and alway there to help his tribe mates. He is the nicest person I've met in tribal wars and I wish him all the best.

The tribe didn't work out the way Atmos wanted but that's just normal part of the game. Now Fal and Antz are the largest tribes in NW, I'm curious to see which one will dominate the quarter? Antz are looking very solid, the strongest tribe I've sern Kirk to lead since BugZ on W80. Owl see where will they go after nobling all the core barbs?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118986

Not here to argue with someone who clearly can't read the original comment correctly.

Those three points were listed for why I have respect for Atmos. I was clearly not listing what qualities it takes to be a good leader because quite frankly each leader is different and has his/her own ways of doing things. Not every leader in this game plays the same style I promise ;)

Moving forward, I do agree that majority of leaders would not have allowed DD back into the tribe. That is what I clearly stated if you actually read the last paragraph.

Lastly, I am not going to argue about the situation and what it takes to be a good leader. If the proper decision would have been made there is a chance the tribe would still be intact. But conflict of interest and tribal direction was the heaviest factor in the split.

DeletedUser

its funny that jake is the one to make this PnP. it wont be long until he is taken out by FAL