Lesson 4 The Newer Gamers

DeletedUser96310

This is not meant to be arrogant or elitish. (not sure if that is a word)

Often, new players mail the dukes and/or diplomats of the more experienced tribes and either get ignored without a reply or get a undesirable response and so.. I hope in posting this IGM that I provide an insight to how the game should be played and furthermore, that it provides you, the new gamer(s), a means of establishing goals, trusting in your skill and believing in your ability to excel.

The IGM: (player mailing me identity was removed)

XXXXXX today at 18:22
You told me to ask again about places at the end of the weekend? I believe you already have my application. Im at nobling stage if your wondering why im so low on points. Ill have a second villa in a matter of days (once i find a good place-scouting atm).

Waves 2U today at 18:35
see, right there is a huge problem. The type of player I need would have said...

I've trooped up and will have my noble(s) soon. Going to take out [coord]000|000[/coord] by Tuesday.

XXXXXX today at 18:41
Hmmm. Fair enough. Im not the kinda person to take on my PA's. I wont sell myself out for anything. Like you nobling Jamz? It should be clear that two players like me and [player]xxxxxxx[/player] could not co-exist peacefully looking at our 7 x 7. I owe him a great deal and have promised to keep my nobles away from his tribesmates, no matter how much they pointwhore.

But you didnt know that. And if you did,maybe Chik3n isnt the place for me.

Waves 2U today at 18:47
how do you expect to meet your goal if you allow another to feed beside you?

you have experience and we have a policy regarding PA's

truth is, you made an agreement that you felt was needed for your own survival rather then saying to yourself, I know I can out play anyone in my 15 x 15 and as such remove the threats.

You have the skill, you have the experience but do you have the time it takes to ensure your experience and skills is enough for you to meet your early game goals? There is a difference in Mid to Late game PA's and establishing the "early" game PA. How do you benefit with him directly beside you?

Waves

To be successful in TW or for that matter, anywhere, you must have confidence in yourself. Speaking specifically to TW, resources are key to early game success. It takes time, determination and often a little luck to out play your neighbor. The main thing however is RESOURCES and making agreements with those inside even a 20 x 20 is often enough to place a noose around your growth and prevent you from reaching your goals. Don't do it. Yes, you can be friends. Yes you can share stories as the accounts grow but.. do not share resources. The game is brutal and he who plays with the most tenacity will be the one last standing.

DeletedUser

can't agree more! Really well said.. Resources are INDEED important, getting choked off those incomes, especially in the early game really affects your growth...

Speaking of which, I have experienced such a setback due to this issues itself. Dominating your 15x15 is ultimately important, especially for your first village. Once, had a PA in my 15x15, we were close and all, and in the same tribe of course. Till my PA leave to join another dominating tribe, and of course to take our tribe out due to rivalling in dominance.. Put up a good fight. The end result is out of the question and off-topic in this thread.

The main thing, if only I do not have THE PA within that area and totally dominated my 15x15, I would not have to endure and encounter such losses that I have been that point of time...

HeftySmurf

To win the game, you need patience, not skill or how many resources you can farm bla bla bla

DeletedUser

To win the game, you need patience, not skill or how many resources you can farm bla bla bla

okay. beat us without resources, your skill obviously doesn't exist so we don't have to worry about that. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser96615

Keep it on topic guys this is helpful to any new player. Also they should join W52...this world isn't for teh noobs.

HeftySmurf

okay. beat us without resources, your skill obviously doesn't exist so we don't have to worry about that. :icon_rolleyes:

Congratulations, take my comment out of context, you think you can win the game without patience? go ahead.

DeletedUser96615

Miltia doesn't do crap they are weaker than spears . Which world have you been on with no morale?

DeletedUser

hefty what you are talking about is maybe mid-late game.
early game, its all about who can farm the most.

i agree with waves, guess it makes sense

HeftySmurf

hefty what you are talking about is maybe mid-late game.
early game, its all about who can farm the most.

i agree with waves, guess it makes sense
Overall game, i have seen people who play one world for a year, year and a half without joining another world, then try a new world and not having the patience to get past start up, which can be long and tedious.

DeletedUser

i actually had a problem with militia,
some villa i was farming suddenly sprouted militia, lost quite a few lcs
i had just recently acquired lcs then so it hurt.

DeletedUser

So W45 and W50..dang I should have joined those.

i believe you would like to see the green dot in the following photo :) dont forget to pay close attention to the name of the person with the green dot.
[spoil]
th_Capture.png
[/spoil]