Lesson 4 The Newer Gamers

PetarPavao

why does everyone keep bringing this up... noobs,newbies,experienced,leets,super leets,super duper leets and monkeys whatever the case still this advise is wrong . teamwork and friends are needed in tw. it's not a solo game.

they bring that up cause thats the point of this thread

you keep mentioning great players playing together.. put 2 noobs next to each other and tell them to play together

that just becomes a disaster

a noob should first learn how to play on his own and then think about coordinating with someone else

DeletedUser

why does everyone keep bringing this up... noobs,newbies,experienced,leets,super leets,super duper leets and monkeys whatever the case still this advise is wrong . teamwork and friends are needed in tw. it's not a solo game.

look up Thargorans tribe "n00bs" in old forums.they played several worlds and dominated rankings and OD rankings. first thing they used to do was to relocated next to each others without caring for farming.thats a perfect example of teamwork and cluster based game. there are several examples and worlds and a lot of player have already posted there own experience so i doubt u need more examples. anyways i can recall a few, w10 emperor jon stayed in top ranks(top 3) for almost 3 years, mimihanson next to him was rank 1 for a long time they are still on first page of w10 maps,they were PA.then there was some w2x world vpar and russki co-playing were close to mohua. both account stayed in top 3 (don't remember how long) but i m sure for months. anyways there are too many examples. any experienced player would know this. i think u are doing argument for the sake of argument so i m gonna stop it here but if u find it still difficult to absorb the new relevations i can dig up hard stats and pages though it would eats my hours.

OMG abdullah..!!

are you like totally oblivious to everyone else post ? sheeesh
you are talking about "pro's"
this is an advice to newbies aka a new player
lemme make it simple to you
that means players who have not played on other worlds, players who do not know how to co-ordinate well with their tribe or friend or whosoever
you are talking about experienced players who probably know every in and out of this game. There is a huge difference.!

read the thread name.
it does not say lesson for legendary players
it does not say lesson for pro players
it does not say lesson for average players

it is a lesson for newer gamers.!!

DeletedUser96615

look up Thargorans tribe "n00bs" in old forums.they played several worlds and dominated rankings and OD rankings. first thing they used to do was to relocated next to each others without caring for farming.thats a perfect example of teamwork and cluster based game. there are several examples and worlds and a lot of player have already posted there own experience so i doubt u need more examples. anyways i can recall a few, w10 emperor jon stayed in top ranks(top 3) for almost 3 years, mimihanson next to him was rank 1 for a long time they are still on first page of w10 maps,they were PA.then there was some w2x world vpar and russki co-playing were close to mohua. both account stayed in top 3 (don't remember how long) but i m sure for months. anyways there are too many examples. any experienced player would know this. i think u are doing argument for the sake of argument so i m gonna stop it here but if u find it still difficult to absorb the new relevations i can dig up hard stats and pages though it would eats my hours.

LOL I was in n00bs with Thargoran He was the one that taught me how to play. And again this only works if you know how to play the game. Not recommended for someone who doesn't know and is new. I was even with Thar in his last world on UK2 where he finally had to retire permanently because he was hired by innogames. I am arguing because you fail to see the point of what everyone else is saying. Read the title of this thread leave it at that. When you actually get more than one village and keep it... yes I saw you were recently rimmed. Maybe just maybe I would take your word for something as you being experienced. But I have been keeping an eye on you ever since you posted as well as your fan boy Bloodhood...who is surrounded by his own tribe and obviously has growth problems it goes to prove the point that for nontalented and unskilled players should not have anyone near them. They need as much res as they can get to grow. Since it is obvious that you do not know how farm with others close. Get off the forums you don't have the TW knowledge to give anyone advice.You need to learn the game yourself before you can start helping others. I am done looking at this thread since all you will do is try to make what you say sound true. But again you have failed. Maybe you should try a different game like checkers. Something where you can play yourself so when you lose its not so public.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

LOL your a moron I was in n00bs with Thargoran He was the one that taught me how to play. And again this only works if you know how to play the game. Not recommended for someone who doesn't know and is new. I was even with Thar in his last world on UK2 where he finally had to retire permanently because he was hired by innogames. I am arguing because you are an idiot and fail to see the point of what everyone else is saying. Read the title of this thread leave it at that. When you actually get more than one village and keep it... yes I saw you were recently rimmed. Maybe just maybe I would take your word for something as you being experienced. But I have been keeping an eye on you ever since you posted as well as your fan boy Bloodhood...who is surrounded by his own tribe and obviously has growth problems it goes to prove the point that for nontalented and unskilled players should not have anyone near them. They need as much res as they can get to grow. Since it is obvious that you do not know how farm with others close. Get off the forums you don't have the TW knowledge to give anyone advice.You need to learn the game yourself before you can start helping others. I am done looking at this thread since all you will do is try to make what you say sound true. But again you have failed. Maybe you should try a different game like checkers. Something where you can play yourself so when you lose its not so public.

You've certainly inherited something from Thargoran. Personally, I was taught a lot by Jamm, back in 33.

What was your name in n00bs? I probably know you. :)

DeletedUser

LOL I was in n00bs with Thargoran He was the one that taught me how to play.
looks like his work was unfinished in ur case though i highly doubt but if this is what the clown is teaching these days then it's bunch of bs.

And again this only works if you know how to play the game. Not recommended for someone who doesn't know and is new.
it's a wrong advise for new players. there are many ways to play and correct in their own ways and conditions.
there is no one best way however this advise for newer player is a wrong advise in my opinion. one has to make friends,join tribes do some teamwork.

I was even with Thar in his last world on UK2 where he finally had to retire permanently because he was hired by innogames.
do u need a trophy for that :D .

i knew i shouldn't have dragged into this argument. u are doing argument just for the sake of argument or u might be a minion of that wavey dude.
u think it's a good strat i think it's a fail. why don't we leave it at that...

Read the title of this thread leave it at that.

lol u wish don't u...

But I have been keeping an eye on you ever since you posted
oooh i got a stalker now :p , things are spicing up or am i hitting some nerves :D

Get off the forums you don't have the TW knowledge to give anyone advice.

many people can get to top 10 without clearing their 15x15. Infact more skilled players do that. It has nothing to do with not making friends
or leaving active farmers in ur area. if someone is good then competition only brings the best out of him.

here is something from official help guide for "new players" ;)

"It is always easier to fight and defend in a group. It is also a good way to meet some nice people..."

now thats what i call a good advise.if u start asking people to not make friends in 20x20 it pretty much kills the community aspect of the game. something which
has been going on for years due to direction selection and premades. the community building is stopped and so has the community growth of the game.

PetarPavao said:
you keep mentioning great players playing together.. put 2 noobs next to each other and tell them to play together
i mention good players as people know them if i mention noobs no one will know them btw emperor jon was a newb in w10 and it was his second world. it was second world for mimihanson as well but a much better player.

DeletedUser96310

sorry all, was away fighting the flu for a few days. (I felt like crap and my body still aches from the fever)

anyway, back on topic...

1. The thread was and is meant for the newer players. From their perspective, rarely will an experienced player/duke invite them into their tribe if, like the IGM showed in the original post, they speak of having PA's that they refuse to attack. (Please don't misread that statement, PA's can and are a very vital part in TW)

2. Throughout this thread, several players try to slam me for promoting only one way of gaming and others were defending me. Truth is, there are several ways to game and often 2 skilled players will land beside one another and work out a farming boundary. Yes they may eventually dual or they may decide to work together for years but rarely will two inexperienced players survive. The nearby skilled player will usually rim both. (I know I would and especially if I knew they were working together.)

3. The advice was more to point out to the newer players what they should ask about. Message a skilled player in their 15 x 15 with honesty and genuine questions and more often then not, they will be mentored and not only mentored, also asked to be slightly more defensive minded and stay as a hidden PA. (call it survival but also a chance to learn.)

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
But I have been keeping an eye on you ever since you posted as well as your fan boy Bloodhood...who is surrounded by his own tribe and obviously has growth problems it goes to prove the point that for nontalented and unskilled players should not have anyone near them.

:lol:

O dear o dear.

/worships

How pathetic. Since you fan boy thar so much, thought I'd get a post from him. Here. I played with him as early as world 4, was beating him on speed world 2 before quitting (was next to him) and was a leader of EGGS! on w11 that was allied to his tribe n00bs.

Hopefully you start feeling silly right about.... now.

DeletedUser

:lol:

O dear o dear.

/worships

How pathetic. Since you fan boy thar so much, thought I'd get a post from him. Here. I played with him as early as world 4, was beating him on speed world 2 before quitting (was next to him) and was a leader of EGGS! on w11 that was allied to his tribe n00bs.

Hopefully you start feeling silly right about.... now.

I actually had a friendly discussion with some guys in Chik3n earlier.. My point in our talk was that players from W1-9 could turn out to be noobs today, as the game has changed a lot since then, and the advanced techniques had not been invented in that period of time. I will link them to this topic. You're clearly the example I need to win that discussion. Thanks.

A humble player

I actually had a friendly discussion with some guys in Chik3n earlier.. My point in our talk was that players from W1-9 could turn out to be noobs today, as the game has changed a lot since then, and the advanced techniques had not been invented in that period of time. I will link them to this topic. You're clearly the example I need to win that discussion. Thanks.
Bloodhood has never truly been known for his skill in game, however his leadership abilities are only matched by a small number of players (small as in, pervis, BH, uldor :)P), vpar2, and maybe openeye, but that is debatable.)

Last edited:

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score

If you rely on the assumption that I am inherently a bad player then no problem.

Though it takes a certain amount of nerve to suggest skill does not plateau on this game as was put forward as early as world 3 by top players. And yes, they knew how to snipe, send noble trains and startup. It doesn't take a genius, just common sense and some activity. Whilst I am doing just fine on this world currently thank you very much.

DeletedUser

If you rely on the assumption that I am inherently a bad player than no problem.

Though it takes a certain amount of nerve to suggest skill does not plateau on this game as was put as early as the top players on world 3. And yes, they knew how to snipe, send noble trains and startup. It doesn't take a genius, just common sense and some activity.

Oh they most likely did.. They just did it worse than a player we would consider as being in "the higher end of average players" today. New techniques allows a different kind of gameplay. I am not saying that it is always the case, in fact I know quite a few players from the early worlds who are very good at the game today..

You can compare my point with letting a boxer from the 18th century go in the ring against Kessler, Froch, Ward, Tyson, etc.
It just wouldn't be a fair match. You however seems to be stuck in the past, in the concern of skills. And being in denial about it.

Bloodhood has never truly been known for his skill in game, however his leadership abilities are only matched by a small number of players (small as in, pervis, BH, uldor :)P), vpar2, and maybe openeye, but that is debatable.)

If that's really the case, I will look forward to him proving me wrong. Personally I would never recruit around me, leaving myself or my tribemates with little to few noble targets. I am however not an experienced leader, and have no intention in becoming one.

A humble player

Oh they most likely did.. They just did it worse than a player we would consider as being in "the higher end of average players" today. New techniques allows a different kind of gameplay. I am not saying that it is always the case, in fact I know quite a few players from the early worlds who are very good at the game today..

You can compare my point with letting a boxer from the 18th century go in the ring against Kessler, Froch, Ward, Tyson, etc.
It just wouldn't be a fair match. You however seems to be stuck in the past, in the concern of skills. And being in denial about it.
No, you can't.
I don;t necessarily agree with either of you, but I agree with BH more.
Jamm played since .de w1 and 2, same with thargoran. Jamm is still regarded as the best player ever, and thargoran is still considered good (even when he played on UK3 and UK6 (or 7, forget which), he did quite well.

Go look at the rank 1 tribe in this world, it is based almost entirely in 1K, I'm leading it.
It works just fine.

DeletedUser

No, you can't.
I don;t necessarily agree with either of you, but I agree with BH more.
Jamm played since .de w1 and 2, same with thargoran. Jamm is still regarded as the best player ever, and thargoran is still considered good (even when he played on UK3 and UK6 (or 7, forget which), he did quite well.

Go look at the rank 1 tribe in this world, it is based almost entirely in 1K, I'm leading it.
It works just fine.

I will be as cocky as to quote myself:

"I am not saying that it is always the case, in fact I know quite a few players from the early worlds who are very good at the game today.."

No, you can't.
It works just fine.

You're missing my point entirely. I don't know if you're being oblivious on purpose though.

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score

Boxing has more skill to it. I am not stuck on the past, I believe the average skill level today considerably higher. But considering three of the early rank 1 players on world 3 were Jamm, vpar2 and then Greydragoon, it would be folly to suggest players like that are worse than those best today.

If that's really the case, I will look forward to him proving me wrong. Personally I would never recruit around me, leaving myself or my tribemates with little to few noble targets. I am however not an experienced leader, and have no intention in becoming one.

I did not recruit around me. It was part of a deal, a deal that I feel has secured the continent, something that I have done just on my own whilst trying to secure several others at the same time. They only joined a couple of days ago and the second was a matter of a favour. I view my role as leader higher than that as a player; which is why I make such sacrifices. However, I am confident my ability to farm my 30x30 and beyond that will mean I am hindered very little.

Sellsword

(...)
I did not recruit around me. It was part of a deal, a deal that I feel has secured the continent, something that I have done just on my own whilst trying to secure several others at the same time. They only joined a couple of days ago and the second was a matter of a favour. I view my role as leader higher than that as a player; which is why I make such sacrifices. However, I am confident my ability to farm my 30x30 and beyond that will mean I am hindered very little.

BH, you have nothing to explain to this clown, who thinks he has lasers for eyes and can X-ray any situation based on a quick view of the map. never0nline brags about a Thargoran connection as if it qualifies for Absolute Truth -- whatever man. As if the rest of us haven't played with some of the best TW players, or aren't close to legendary status in their own right.

If you think Bloodhood's growth has been slowed, I'd like to know how you came to that conclusion, because it sounds like something you didn't think through. "His growth must be slowed because he has tribe members around him and that's why his growth slowed down". Wait, what?

Jamzter said:
Personally I would never recruit around me, leaving myself or my tribemates with little to few noble targets. I am however not an experienced leader, and have no intention in becoming one.

Which is probably for the best, considering the fact that you seem to lack a certain something in the social arena. Debating such points as "only noobs recruit in their 20x20" only sets you up for a silly bit of back and forth, including ridiculous comparisons about boxing.

Jamzter said:
My point in our talk was that players from W1-9 could turn out to be noobs today, as the game has changed a lot since then, and the advanced techniques had not been invented in that period of time. I will link them to this topic. You're clearly the example I need to win that discussion. Thanks.

Being behind on recent developments in the game does not make you a noob. Link them to this topic at your own risk, seems to me like that would be a typical case of "foot in mouth" disease.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If you think Bloodhood's growth has been slowed, I'd like to know how you came to that conclusion, because it sounds like something you didn't think through. "His growth must be slowed because he has tribe members around him and that's why his growth slowed down". Wait, what?
OH wait... You don't think it has slowed him down? So he's just that bad? Or is he so busy bragging about former worlds, that he forgets to log in on his W54 account?

Which is probably for the best, considering the fact that you seem to lack a certain something in the social arena.

In the social arena? You base that on.. What exactly? :)

Debating such points as "only noobs recruit in their 20x20" only sets you up for a silly bit of back and forth, including ridiculous comparisons about boxing.

The comparison to boxing isn't that silly if you think about it. There's a time difference in both of the cases, skills has improved in both of the cases, the only thing that isn't possible though, is that a boxing champion from that time could still box today, which is the case about tribal wars.

Being behind on recent developments in the game does not make you a noob. Link them to this topic at your own risk, seems to me like that would be a typical case of "foot in mouth" disease.

Being behind on recent developments without caring to adjust, while also claiming that you're "The shit" does in fact make you a noob. Oh yes it does..

silvereclipes

been a long time since I heard someone mention openeye, if only him an some of the others would come play the game an show those who think they are elites what elite truly means!!!

An to say those today are better then those of yesteryear is like comparing apples to oranges,each has its own style of play an if they were here they would have played later worlds themselves keeping their skills razor sharp now wouldn't they?? now to say they couldn't hold a candle to the newer players is laughable.

Buts its up to every player to bring their A game to a fight ,its up to them to keep their skills razor sharp if they don't then they take the fun out of the game for those who do.

Last edited:

Bloodhood

Part of the Furniture
Reaction score
OH wait... You don't think it has slowed him down? So he's just that bad? Or is he so busy bragging about former worlds, that he forgets to log in on his W54 account?

I don't generally brag about former worlds... in fact I dislike doing so. Only when I am called a fanboy by a fanboy do I tell him to shutup and stop whipping out insults before logic (Yes I see the irony).

I'm currently third on the continent despite being mostly inactive the first few days I was on the rim... didn't think I was going to play properly, but made a tribe and now I am. Was second on the continent till recently, am close to first and have a very high amount of LC. He doesn't deny in technical terms it has a small effect, but not enough to slow me down when my HQ, stables and barracks have been going 24/7 for as long as I've has LC.

Being behind on recent developments without caring to adjust, while also claiming that you're "The shit" does in fact make you a noob. Oh yes it does..

The skills then are much the same as the skills now... common sense. This you cannot deny. This is not a hard game.

Sellsword

I'd call being in the top three of a K a competitive position. And to judge his growth as bad is just plainly ridiculous. About as ridiculous as you claiming BH is bragging here. Seems to me the only one full of himself is you -- no courtesy, no civility, no back up any of your arguments. I ask you to show me where his lack of growth is, and you say he's "just that bad" when he's third on the K. And may I remind you that skill doesn't show till the nobling has been going on for a bit?

In the social arena? You base that on.. What exactly? :)

Your comments here. Not impressed at all.

The comparison to boxing isn't that silly if you think about it. There's a time difference in both of the cases, skills has improved in both of the cases, the only thing that isn't possible though, is that a boxing champion from that time could still box today, which is the case about tribal wars.

Yeah. TW is just like frying chicken: chicken from the 19th century is by now very moldy, that's why 21st century chicken is better to eat. This is a very common trick in discussions, to use a comparison that doesn't fit, and then to lure your opponent (or participant in the discussion) to accept the comparison. Apparently, this was a rethorical trick practiced by Socrates. Kudos on using ancient Greek tricks, but it's not really an argument.

TW is not like boxing. TW is like riding a bike. You may have to adapt a little to a new bike, but you never forget how to ride it. See? Same trick. No argument.

Who says his skills are not up to par? I though the thing you were holding against him was his recruitment, and that has nothing to do with being old-skool or new skool. You know what old skool is? Civility. Come here more, and we will teach you some.

DeletedUser82180

My eyes hurt from reading all the flaming and off topic...

IMO, having a P.A. you can trust is very important for new players, however, they should be in the same tribe, not a separate tribe, if they are in a different tribe, there should be agreements made. However, where the player quoted in the original post went wrong, was having a pact with the whole tribe. Choose one player, not 60 of them =/ I'm sure that an experienced leader would understand if you have the one player you do not want to attack. Also, if you are new, ask questions on the forum, there are plenty of people who can help. Be sure to reiterate that you are new, otherwise you may well just get flamed like the guys above me ^^