Let's make W85 a nice world

DeletedUser116125

Lets make World 85 ............. a fun world? :icon_wink:
A fun world full of drama, lies and backstabbing
giphy.gif

DeletedUser

I think it would be interesting to play a world where treachery and betrayal are kept to a minimum. So,
I hereby promise not to stab anyone in the back or use any underhanded tactics in this world.

I will remain loyal to my tribe. If I have concerns then I will raise them with my duke. If I feel these concerns cannot be dealt with, then I will let my duke know that I am moving to a new tribe and will not attack old tribe mates for a week... Unless they attack me :)

This is very naive. Sounds a little like the Munich Agreement. Have you been studying up on Neville Chamberlain?

[video=youtube;FO725Hbzfls]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO725Hbzfls[/video]

SHAGAN888

dont be fooled shag..this guys as trecherous and sneaky as they come..

tribe destroye rsimple as...others may forgive..but i dont and ill hunt him wherever/

honourable my ass!

I'm not fooled kirk ole buddy, was only enlightened by the words spoken. I would always take your word over most of the trash that prey on drama in this forum....lol

DeletedUser111495

Yes, and at the same time, a resounding no.

Early/Mid game. For sure, I think the majority of people who pull out the 'something has come up in RL' card basically just don't want to play, because they know they are about to get nobled and thus if they quit before this occurs, they can say they didn't get rimmed on WXX, they had to quit due to RL issues. Thus enabling them to boost their own ego.

Late game, I'm always weary of calling people out for quiting. I think, if you quit instantly then for sure it is probably just an excuse.

However, co-played or not, I know a lot of accounts claim to be 24-7. But how many actually are. I mean, imagine your under several thousand fresh incoming daily. Noble trains, cat nukes, spikes, fakes. All landing every few seconds (or even more frequently). All of us who have played in this situation, know sometimes finding a willing sitter can be hard. And sure, you can sit at your computer for days or even weeks spending hours and hours dodging out. But eventually there becomes a point for most people, when they realise that it quite simply isn't worth it.

So sure, in the above situation, the player might quit. But really, it wouldn't be because he was against a better group of players or a better tribe. It would be simply because the enemy made him/her bored. If you look at it objectively, doesn't this person have more sense than the rest of us who continue to play? And is it right that they be subject to the same ridicule that players who instantly quit deservedly get?

Completely agree with you, I just find majority of people who quit use that as an excuse, mainly early game, people who I have played late game with I usually know abit about them and their circumstances so if they are struggling its something i am usually aware about not something that is just mentioned the moment they are put under pressure for the first time

If players are fending off attacks for weeks like you said above then they are going to be belived alot more compared to someone who has done nothing all world and then magically disapears 1st attack he gets.

I think alot of it will be down to how much you know/trust someone, if you are in a tribe with people you have played with for a long time then you can make a more accuriate judgement, but like alot of accounts, they change owners over time.

DeletedUser113795

Not sure what you did in the past but you sound like your under conviction of some kind, however I do salute your stance and your willingness to play with honor, its something that's been missing from the game for yrs I think, personally I took this stance a long time ago.

Its sad these days when its actually considered cool to be a spy or someone of low moral values in a tribe tearing it up from within...

Even though treachery and betrayal will always play roles in the game its nice to hear that some still have values, honor, and respect...
We are no doubt the minority...

shag

He did the same think you did on w 74. betray Kirk and made new tribe and then attack Kirk s tribe. Only think i cant remember if you was kicked from Kirk or you lave...if you was kicked then it was right think to do and i support it.

SHAGAN888

He did the same think you did on w 74. betray Kirk and made new tribe and then attack Kirk s tribe. Only think i cant remember if you was kicked from Kirk or you lave...if you was kicked then it was right think to do and i support it.

That whole deal on w74 was all paranoia over back room deals that kirk thought was going on and I wasn't willing to sell out our northern friends like flip, the god, and others. KRT and friends weren't willing to allow this to happen. Warpigs and company were afraid that the northern players were going to out grow warpigs and over throw them down the road, all of which wasnt true....Kirk and i have made amends long ago over that and have kept in communication ever since...We talk pretty much on a daily basis so all that is water under the bridge me thinks...Trust sometimes even with good friends is tough to maintain in this game. Im sure if you ask kirk though he would agree that w74 was all just a big misunderstanding of two players with egos too big to hold in one tribe....lol

Hope this clears that up,

shag

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
This is complete and utter nonsense.

It requires a lot of dedication. It's an admirable trait, but that's all it requires.

There have been highly skilled players that have won worlds, but there have been a lot more people that are lousy players and have won multiple worlds.

Garrock

It requires a lot of dedication. It's an admirable trait, but that's all it requires.

There have been highly skilled players that have won worlds, but there have been a lot more people that are lousy players and have won multiple worlds.

Not to imply that I am part of the "highly skilled", but, I can probably agree with this wholeheartedly... I've played midgame many times, late game once... I've led or been a part of a number of highly ranked tribes through some great wars, but never have I stuck around until the end, except w79, and what I can say is, that after the last good war maintaining activity is tiresome, remaining motivated to continue to log in day in and day out merely to gain the victory is the hardest challenge we faced the entire world. Our recruitment since our last good war, activity has been the "only" pre-requisite. I would like to see some sort of alternate win condition to the 70% and hold it for 90 days stipulation... keep the 70%, but should a tribe achieve 85 or 90% allow the world to end immediately. Quite honestly it's no fun for anyone at this point.

Good players and good tribes need some kind of obstacle or goals to keep their motivation. I prefer competition, win or lose, having worthy adversaries is what drives me to play this game. I can't see myself slogging through a world ever again for 5-6 months when the outcome of the world, except for future inactivity, is a foregone conclusion.

DeletedUser94059

hugs for everyone, but devil i will say Gar doesnt give the best hugs so dont get your hopes up.

DeletedUser107233

playing a world from start to finish takes alot of time, patience, luck and determination.

Without them we struggle to get close to end games.

When you play to win a world you have to take alot of knocks first.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'd probably disagree with the luck part, but agree wholeheartedly to time, patience, and determination.

Some people would consider getting gangbanged a sign of poor luck. I'd consider that to be a diplomatic failure. Getting gangbanged can be fun, I often enjoy being in such scenarios, but if your goal is to win a world you can work to avoid gangbangs via diplomacy.

DeletedUser107233

the luck part nauz is more your real world luck, if you are lucky you are able to focus more on tw and not have to worry about jobs, girlfriends, boyfriends, wives, husbands, or even parents or for quite a few classes

Gorth Kirgar

Come on, the luck part is definitely there ig. Sure, after a while the skill will drift atop.
But you can only influence your area so much, especially at the early stages. You will still dominate your area with skill, but luck will determine if you're actually competing for the top spot the first months.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
but luck will determine if you're actually competing for the top spot the first months.

I disagree. Luck has never had any impact on my startup success. It might mean the difference between rank 1 and rank 3, but if I am active and I want top ranks, I will get them, anywhere.

There's some people that have fluked their way to rank one once due to an awesome area, who can't achieve the same with a mediocre area, but there's also people like myself that have been rank 1 consistently on most worlds they have played for the best part of a decade.

If luck determines my success then I am super freaking lucky as I've been rank 1 on nearly 30 worlds (and unlike others who have played similar numbers of accounts I am not known for taking over other peoples accounts).

Example:

W52 Purple Predator and I started the world three days late, we started in the same 15x15, 5 days later we were rank 1 and 2. It wasn't a case where we both grew slow because of the other one stifling our growth, we both excelled, and grew exponentially faster than anyone else on the world despite being incredibly close to each other.

Last edited: