Life vs. TW, Is Mutual Success Possible?

DeletedUser

Many decent players claim that being a really good player precludes having a life. I disagree. It is possible to do both, and do both well.

I've been playing off and on for four years, and have always been "sucked up" by TW. I'd log in to farm, then I'd goof off for an hour reading useless stuff, then realize an hour of my life was wasted.[spoil]Ok, maybe a little more than one hour. Like two. Or three. Or eight. :icon_redface:[/spoil]
Due to the stresses of college life, I've put TW really far in the backseat (as in <20 minutes per day, and even a five day absence), but have still managed to do alright (1300 points and a level 19 farm in two weeks). How?

The Rule
Don't log in for 30 minutes: log in for 30 seconds. Log in 10-15 times a day, as soon as the next task (farming, upgrading) needs to be done. Do the task. See when you need to log back in. Then LOG OUT. Don't think about it, just log out and go take a walk.

For those of you who aren't too far gone already, there is hope: you can stop TW from ruling your life! (Joining a 0.5 speed world was a step in the right direction.)

For others, following that rule will vastly increase the efficiency of your TW time, which can bring you up from mediocre to "good" without forfeiting your life.

I am afraid there is a third group: those who fail at both life and TW. That group is not on the forums. They will not ever read this post. We must remember them with a moment of silence and never forget the lesson we can learn from them...what I mean is...we must remember them with a moment of silence, and then forget them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser88837

Umm.... I'm not sure if there is really a point to this thread or not? Seems a tad random.

DeletedUser

Yup a random thread about wasting life... thumbs up!

Well for some people there is never any hope...just w** domination! :D

DeletedUser

I have leading positions in both RL and TW. I'm just good at time management.

DeletedUser

i actually think that proper discipline applies to suck at RL vs suck at TW.

actually discipline applies to any success.
either IG or RL fiasco.

DeletedUser

Umm.... I'm not sure if there is really a point to this thread or not? Seems a tad random.

Look man, I'm just trying to add some life to these mostly dull forums. If you can do better, I won't object.

DeletedUser

if you don;t want this game to consume all your time, purchase a PA, and learn how to book mark farm and use scripts they are awesome time savers!

Muldie325

I think i'm fairly noob in rl, but who cares, its a terrible game.

DeletedUser88837

In all fairness, you can always hire someone to do your farming for you (Coplay) :p

DeletedUser

RL seems to mess up things...or you mess up RL...either way if you suck at one you probably don't suck at the other.
Anyways which one is the game?

DeletedUser

My point is not another post to complain that TW takes too much time. Upon reading one sentence farther than the title, it should become clear see that I'm RESPONDING to those people who do claim that.

DeletedUser

I think that poem wraps it up pretty good :p

Some people pretend that they're capable of being say.. top 10 without giving up anything in real life. But we know the truth :icon_twisted:

I'm sure there's been at least a few times in anyones time on here where you've skipped out on something to sit at home and launch fakes or farm or somthing. Or hurry home from somewhere to make sure you can get those nukes and nobles off to their appointments on time. Or of course the classic: setting alarms through the night to come on and snipe a train or two :icon_biggrin:

In my opinion its perfectly possible to succeed in both once you have a routine, tho the fact that I've probably spent more time writing in game mails and writing on these forums than I have on english papers in university does concern me :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

i can honestly say ive never set an alarm in the middle of the night wake up for something as once im asleep thats me done for the night, though it was not uncommon for me to stay up 30-40 hours at a time back in w36 cos i staed up so late doing stuff i didnt see a whole lotta point in going to be lol

sure you can only spend a short amount of time on here and log in for 30 seconds, but if ou have 15 mails to read and respond to, attacks to send, farming to do, buildings to build, ops to plan, incomings to sort through etc it takes a little more than 30 seconds :icon_wink:

plus as sidney said, if you really wanna run a top account then you need to put the time in. Especially if you like chatting with mates on skype at the same time, which lets face it, is one of the biggest time sucks.

In my opinion its perfectly possible to succeed in both once you have a routine, tho the fact that I've probably spent more time writing in game mails and writing on these forums than I have on english papers in university does concern me :icon_redface:

EDIT: quoted and forgot to write something lol

sadly i think you are not alone in this one ;)