Failed Vote Limit village nobling on Casual

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
In casual worlds the bigger players simply dominate the world and the rim by even taking little villages of 26 points that are meant to be potential targets for the new players that started in that area. However those villages are either stacked by the millionaires or nobled out by them long before the poor transferor can even get to recruit a noble.

The concept of having a safe start-out world for transferors is not possible anymore. This is caused by professional (mostly co-owned) profiles simply dominating the casual world in preparation and chase of the delayed end-game glory. I suggest some kind of special setting in casual worlds should be implemented to stop this early world domination. So the new arrival is not dumped into a sea with a tube and a water pistol and already surrounded by battleships. The points gap protection does stop the battleships from blasting him, but its all pretty meaningless if all he can do is float around until they can blast him one day.

Smaller players will automatically then have a wider selection of targets to learn from.

My suggestion is that all players should never be allowed to attack or support a village (including barbarian villages) that is smaller than 1% of his total points if he has more than 10 villages. This could cap the bigger profiles to around 1,25 million points. I think once a player has reached 1,25 million points it should be fair to accept that he has gained the experience that a casual world offers. Maybe then eventually when end-game starts there will be transferors that had the chance of building up villages to play the end game phase fairly.

After end-game starts it doesn't really matter because smaller players will be leaving the world in any case.

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
The problem on casual is that if you transfer there, you rarely find room to grow.

What happens is that there are some big whales that have started right when the Casual world opened and these whales usually also have co-players too (on a casual world :p) and spend PP too so they can be on top (on a casual world :p) ... all of these things kind of defeat the purpose of the Casual world, which in a sense is for players to have some time to improve.

These big whales can then take every single barb that occasionally pops up when new players join. Another tactic used is for these small barbs to be stacked pretty high with like 100k troops so only the ones that stacked those can noble them ... which basically means the new players that join casual won't have any chance to grow.

That's the problem that @chanevr is trying to solve with his suggestion.

I haven't personally voted yes or no since I'm still thinking about how that suggestion could help (if it really helps or not) or if it might create some other side-effect and the "whales" will change tactics to adapt to it, etc.

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
Remove the possibility to support barbs might be a solution?
It could be part of a solution. If that's the only change would help but not enough to give new players that join Casual a fair chance.

The idea is that if these new players don't have a chance to grow they will always remain small players with a maximum of 12k points and 1 village only.

The big players on Casual can not noble this single village because that's how Casuals work so these small players are "forced" to live in this purgatory world :p where the only thing they can do is see the older (with older I mean the players that joined first the casual world) players grow while they cant noble anything.

All this time they don't learn anything new, since nobody can noble them so no reason to learn sniping or cancel sniping or anything basically, most of the times they people dont even get attacked because of the high defensive bonuses.