Limited Hauls for Regular worlds

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am currently looking for some feedback on using Limited Haul more often on regular worlds. Note, we're talking about limited haul here, not No Haul.

The world's settings would follow the regular world standard, which means all premium settings would be enabled (not negotiable). Everything else would be open for discussion.

Looking forward for your (constructive) feedback! Please don't just leave a yes/no, but also support your choice with some arguments.

Thanks!

7Jefferson

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I think it would only work as long as the premium exchange / scavenging is disabled. Or a cap put on it.

As to the premium exchange: It will only create a bigger divide between paying and non paying players.
As to the scavenging: It will encourage people to withhold troops at home in order to scavenge and thus, not further teamplay.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I don't mind it, as farming in the mid/late game is quite annoying and limited hauls would help with that.

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
93b5784ec0534873f5387e4a917c8adc.png

This is how limited haul looks like, you see a new line on your rally point that tells you how many resources you farmed today. Once that cap is reached you can no longer farm res from any source in the game (except buying res from PE exchange).
That cap starts out low on day 1 (usually 0/10.000 - 50.000K res) and gradually increases until a set hardcap is reached. Often 1 Mil res a day.

Limited haul with increased pit production for compensation I guess is what we are talking about here?

-would kill the premium exchange alot faster if we speak economy wise.
scavenging wouldn't even be an option with this setting.

I never liked it personally. Players on .de do like it a lot though.
Basically lessens the gap between good and active player and a guy who just logs 3-4x a day tremendously which is kinda "unfun", aswell it makes the gap between big pp spenders and non pp spenders even bigger because right now even if you are active and farm alot you can grow close to as fast as someone who spends alot of pp, even more true the older the world gets (gap gets smaller).

Classic worlds, HP worlds sure. Normal worlds? Well, if you want it, then don't complain the pp whales will have even more advantage about your average 0815 gamer ;)

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
It's the perfect situation for Inno, everyone spends more PP.

Shit setting, it was left to die just like no-haul once PP functions became a permanent, overpowered mess. You can already buy yourself to insane levels (SleeplessElite 112, ULTRAFUSE 117), limited-haul will just give the whales an even larger lead, and make the game purely about who spends the most money.

Deleted User - 848983838

hell no, just gives an even bigger advantage to premium spenders. 100% no no no no no

F A V E L A

Reaction score
I hope people will not support this, farming is a nice way for us non-pay2win players to compete against those who spend tons of pp.
And as mentioned by @7Jefferson if we have farm cap and scavenging, people will withhold troops at home for scavenging and will limit teamplay.

Ragestyles

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I hope people will not support this, farming is a nice way for us non-pay2win players to compete against those who spend tons of pp.
And as mentioned by @7Jefferson if we have farm cap and scavenging, people will withhold troops at home for scavenging and will limit teamplay.
Limited Haul and Scavenging is not even an option to enable lmao

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Alright, thanks for the feedback guys! I know what I needed to know! :)

saad749

Reaction score
93b5784ec0534873f5387e4a917c8adc.png

This is how limited haul looks like, you see a new line on your rally point that tells you how many resources you farmed today. Once that cap is reached you can no longer farm res from any source in the game (except buying res from PE exchange).
That cap starts out low on day 1 (usually 0/10.000 - 50.000K res) and gradually increases until a set hardcap is reached. Often 1 Mil res a day.

Limited haul with increased pit production for compensation I guess is what we are talking about here?

-would kill the premium exchange alot faster if we speak economy wise.
scavenging wouldn't even be an option with this setting.

I never liked it personally. Players on .de do like it a lot though.
Basically lessens the gap between good and active player and a guy who just logs 3-4x a day tremendously which is kinda "unfun", aswell it makes the gap between big pp spenders and non pp spenders even bigger because right now even if you are active and farm alot you can grow close to as fast as someone who spends alot of pp, even more true the older the world gets (gap gets smaller).

Classic worlds, HP worlds sure. Normal worlds? Well, if you want it, then don't complain the pp whales will have even more advantage about your average 0815 gamer ;)

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Extensive Farming and Scavenging is what creates a difference between active and non active players. In all the worlds I played, that is the game changer, and players can reduce the gap between them and PP spenders, by being more active in them. Most of the times, the resource gathered through them can beat the resources gained through spending pp.

I don't find it a good setting for InnoGames as well. The number of players have kept on reducing and most people playing, are the same that played 10 years ago. The game hardly attracts any new players now, and this setting will probably just be more repelling.

In my opinion, PP should help the paying players compensate for inactivity, or getting a slight edge when they are fully active, but should not be a complete replacement for game activity.

P.S. I have bought a fair amount of PP, but I would hate the game to be just based on PP buying ability.

F A V E L A

Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Extensive Farming and Scavenging is what creates a difference between active and non active players. In all the worlds I played, that is the game changer, and players can reduce the gap between them and PP spenders, by being more active in them. Most of the times, the resource gathered through them can beat the resources gained through spending pp.

I don't find it a good setting for InnoGames as well. The number of players have kept on reducing and most people playing, are the same that played 10 years ago. The game hardly attracts any new players now, and this setting will probably just be more repelling.

In my opinion, PP should help the paying players compensate for inactivity, or getting a slight edge when they are fully active, but should not be a complete replacement for game activity.

P.S. I have bought a fair amount of PP, but I would hate the game to be just based on PP buying ability.

I agree with almost everything you said, I'd only change that people who spend the most pp aren't trying to compensate the inactivity, no one would spend too much money on a game that they are not super active.

makobex

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
As mentioned above, limited haul settings would only help players with a big bank and fat wallet.
I personally prefer to use my pp for good events and emergencies, and not buying resources. So, I hope to not see a limited haul world any time soon (at least here on .net)

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
It's been quite some time since I last played a limited haul world but it's not like I'm a big fan of those kind of worlds.

I wouldn't play on a such world if that world would have had PP market exchange active actually. That would be a massive boost to players who have amassed a lot of PP. Those kind of players would be able to boost their accounts much faster then most of the other players on that world, disbalancing completely the playing field.