Looking For Opinions: Gifting Villages?

DeletedUser

While I never bothered to look at LordWard specifically, Infect has the least amount of internals relative to total captures, as well as the lowest actual number of internals of the top 3 tribes.

You are forgetting IS there. Basically, as far as Im concerned, those are all internals as well.

Additionally, under his proposed idea, he may not even be the recipient of the "gifted" villages. Given the fact that he said random distribution, there is a small chance he may never get a gifted village again.

I doubt, that thats gonna be the case. If a guy with 200 vills quits, by the proposed idea, thats at least 50 vills back to the tribe. And with a member limit of 40, thats statisically more than 1 vill per member. I know, that if its random, there is a chance, you may not get one, but thatll prove to be highly unlikely (cant be bothered to do the math right now :D )

But besides, the whole random distribution idea has another flaw, at least on church worlds. I mean, what is the point in having one vill assigned in the middle of nowhere. No point at all, considering, you will have to stick a church in it, which makes it more or less useless...

MR.MR

You dont -have- to stick a church in it... if its not at risk of ennoblement by the enemy just make it a DV and send the troops out to the frontline where the village they stack will have church coverage

xXLordWardXx

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
What if "going barb" was just exactly that. all your villages lose all their troops and the points get lowered... or raised to the average point value of the average barbarian village.... which is 3k points in this world

That way deleting accounts would be a viable option

But then you have people who have been beaten already, deleting just to spite their enemies. Already a bit of a problem, but this would amplify it significantly. I also don't think TW wants to give any incentive to delete, especially given that most of these players are premium customers.

YES! Something like this COULD be perfect. But Like daWolf said, it would suck for enemies that were taking the villages. Maybe something along these lines tho...

While I never bothered to look at LordWard specifically, Infect has the least amount of internals relative to total captures, as well as the lowest actual number of internals of the top 3 tribes.

Additionally, under his proposed idea, he may not even be the recipient of the "gifted" villages. Given the fact that he said random distribution, there is a small chance he may never get a gifted village again.

Thank you TheRandule, I was not asking for free villages for myself or for my tribe. But yes, I have taken a fair amount of internals already which I actually despise! Its ruining the game for me. And I've seen others quit due to other people quitting. The cycle of internaling is vicious.

darkaniken2

There is no perfect solution. The one we have now is the most fair, since you can still get the villages for free with minimal work as an internal, but enemies aren't penalized for forcing an enemy player to quit.

DeletedUser113330

Suggestion: If you are nobling a tribe-mate you only need to reduce loyalty to 50% as they are already partially loyal to the tribe. Same process as it is currently - just means a quicker handover. Can't be abused.

DeletedUser

Suggestion: If you are nobling a tribe-mate you only need to reduce loyalty to 50% as they are already partially loyal to the tribe. Same process as it is currently - just means a quicker handover. Can't be abused.

Can't be abused? What if your tribe's leadership is a bit inactive? Wouldn't that make it a bit easier to turn on your tribemates?

DeletedUser113330

Can't be abused? What if your tribe's leadership is a bit inactive? Wouldn't that make it a bit easier to turn on your tribemates?

I'd hope no one would sit in a tribe with inactive leadership and let tribe-mates noble them and not consider leaving said tribe

Might need a point size minimum for early game

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110690

I think the villas going barb and not being able to be nobled is a silly idea, you'd end up with mass areas of no mans land full of barb villas. And the villas being randomly gifted is a silly idea, especially on a church world, you'd end up with villas in the most random places that would be more or less useless.

No offence meant to anyone by the way, just opinions.

Um I do think the idea of accounts being able to merge/one account gift villas to others is a good one though, providing there are conditions. Listed ideas and ideas for conditions below.

- Only able to gift to tribe mates and only if been in tribe for longer than X amount of days/months.
- Able gift to multiple tribe mates and to choose who you gift to, literally who gets what villas to make it practical.
- Limited number or percentage of villas gifted per day after you've set a gifting plan(or whatever you want to call it) in action.
- Can't gift to an account that has sat you (gifting account) within X amount of days, eg. sitter cant defend and be gifted villas at same time.
- No troops left in gifted villas so possibly harder to defend than if sitting account or similar.
- Fair because villas belonged to tribe to start with, new owner would still have to fight to keep gifted villas, would still need to build up troops.
- Obviously password etc needed to activate gifting process and time delay until start of gifting in case someone changes their mind (1 week?), also make it fairer if account is being opped.
- Able to be stopped by link sent to email.
- Is just an option put next to the delete option, obviously it would take a little bit of time to setup/activate, choosing who gets what villas etc.

Just ideas, I do think something like this would be better than the boring task of internalling.

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Some good points made in this topic. Perhaps it should be moved to the suggestions section? Not everyone reads w70 forums and some good points are being made.

DeletedUser

To be honest, I really think, that we have the fairest way of handeling internals. It sucks, yes, but its the most balanced...

Gifting (like a delete button) may sound like a good idea. However, what happens to the vills (and the plan), should vills be taken by enemies before they are gifted? In addition, you can grow your own super strong account, just have a few friends join, play for a bit, and then they gift you their vills. You dont lose nukes or nobles and gain lots of vills without even doing anything. That way you can easily "cheat" your way to #1...

DeletedUser104264

So please, let me say this.

I do not feel like my above statement is flawless or GREAT at all. I just feel like SOMETHING needs to change with quit/deleted players.

Many of you made great and valid point. With which I agree with.

BUUUUUUTTT, ships were once made of wood. Are they not made of steel now?

They tried making ships out of concrete too - it didn't work out :D

DeletedUser113330

Just can't argue with that
[spoil]
Y11WRE
[/spoil]

DeletedUser

I think this is all because Infect knows that it's points are hollow and meaningless. They've got so many inactive players, that a tribe like PWM is easily rolling over them.

Just goes to show that the top ranked tribe is nothing short of a hugger, it relies on every tribe licking its boots without realizing that were they to instead attack Infect, Infect would fold quicker than a house of cards in a windstorm.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickyson1

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
this idea is stupid

if they delete or go barb instead of at least setting a sitter or something when they quit they obviously never cared very much about the tribe in the first place anyways

DeletedUser

this idea is stupid

if they delete or go barb instead of at least setting a sitter or something when they quit they obviously never cared very much about the tribe in the first place anyways

- More likely, they didn't care about the Tribe at the time they exited; a little harsh to say they never cared imo but I do kind of envy the Black-&-White-World-Overview lol

DeletedUser

The concept of village gifting is quite interesting but is controversial... How would the coin minting system change in regards to this? Would the player you are gifting to be required to mint enough coins to be able to take that village?

DeletedUser115377

I quite like the idea that "Barbs" go to 26 points when an account is deleted, while the troops stay in the village.

Any other ideas i think could be a little biased to one side or the other...

xXLordWardXx

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Well its pretty much an agreement there is no perfect way to handle players that quit or go inactive. This is why TW is a dying game with a dying member base. Not many players have enough time to long on EVERYDAY for several hour for a year+ for a world...

The final strike to TW will be TW2. I cant imagine TW lasting longer then 2 years once TW2 comes out. I just hope TW2 has some kind of 'method' for quitting players lol