Failed Vote Loot Assistant - shared commands are used in the calculation of possible resources

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted User - 11595623

The 'C' option in loot assistant is described thus :

https://help.tribalwars.net/wiki/Account_Manager#Loot_Assistant_.28previously_Farm_Assistant.29 said:
There is also a C icon, which has a special functionality and does not relate to any of your templates. Clicking on C will use your most recent scout report to attempt to calculate and send the right amount of troops to loot all of the village's resources. You will receive a popup with the exact amount of troops sent.

You can only use the C icon if you have recently scouted the village.

When I am sharing commands with tribe members, and I am about to farm a village I have scouted, I can see that either :
- troops have been sent that will arrive before mine, or
- troops arrived after my scout report and are now returning with either a full or partial haul

I now know that there will definitely be less loot available, and I know exactly how much less, however this information is not taken into account in the calculation to "send the right amount of troops" and so the wrong amount of troops are sent.

Please use all information currently available to the player, including shared commands, to increase the accuracy of the available loot calculation. This will improve farming efficiency for everyone who shares commands.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Interesting suggestion, BUT, I don't think farming needs to become more efficient than it already is. It will put players with less knowledge of the game at a far greater disadvantage imo

Soccerj7

Reaction score
I don't understand the comment of "putting less experience at a disadvantage", those who haven't be taught how to snipe are at a disadvantage.The experienced players when they use "C" are checking how many others are currently sending at a village with a lot of resources, the inexperienced are simply pressing "C" and being disappointed when it's less. We learn by playing there game and others teaching us within our tribes - "tribal" wars.
None of us know anything until we played, every world I am shown something new that I can then apply to that world and the next.
World 30s I learned how to effectively plan for groups or "squads, by helping with war, diplomacy.
Sometime after that watch towers, I forget when they were.
World 70 I learned church and council within tribes.
World 101 I understood most efficent watchtower. As well church+WT+Fake limits.
World 113 I have a better understanding how to effectively change and set up my tech levels - apparently most of my worlds I played just happen to be the standard research.

There wasn't an "add noble attack" that automatically sends 4 nobles to the quickest possible time - we all used the browser opera. There was a gap between those who used it and those trying to time manually, adding that ingame lessened that gap and made everyone better at sniping for defense as it became used by everyone.
Any script or technique is something to be learned, that's the different from experience and inexperience, those who are resourceful and even want to learn more. The experienced players when they use "C" are checking how many others are currently sending at a village with a lot of resources, the inexperienced are simply pressing "C" and being disappointed when it's less. Yes I repeated that because I truly believe something like this would be incredible to add, how to code that? If we can calculate from last scout report what's to say not from units shown by share commands?

HotLikeDat

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
This way oversimplifies efficient farming, and would be quite damaging to the game I feel.
There's a huge gulf in farming efficiency between those who know about this + go to the effort of working it out and sending the right LC, and those who blindly click C. I am someone who will go to effort and check command share and send the correct amount to correct the res when I play a start-up properly. Making this part of LA just removes this knowledge/effort gap and makes it too easy. The beauty of tribal wars, and the curse, is that it takes time, patience, and commitment. This would really go against many of the key fundamentals of the game in my opinion.

If you want to be efficient and good, it takes time and effort. This is one step away from thinking bots are a good idea because they save time.

I urge those who value the game for what it currently is to vote to preserve it, vote against this suggestion.

Deleted User - 11595623

Wow - so you have the skill and the time - or use scripts - to not worry about the fact that the existing calculation for C is not accurate - and work out the correction yourself?

The Loot Assistant has been written to make farming easier - did it spoil the game when it was introduced? No - it makes it better, farming is just a part of this game, not the most fun part, but essential. This suggestion would help make farming a little more efficient, and it will be a small incremental help.

HotLikeDat

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Wow - so you have the skill and the time - or use scripts - to not worry about the fact that the existing calculation for C is not accurate - and work out the correction yourself?
yes.

The ago old question of farming in mid-late game is: when do i switch from micro to bulk/C farming. This introduction just makes it too easy and oversimplified, and ruins a key feature of the game (separating those who have time to farm efficiently, either micro/manually, and those who are lazy/inexperienced and C farm too early in the world).

H

Deleted User - 11595623

I just love the fact that your argument is the exact opposite of @One Last Shot... who believes that more efficient farming will only help the more knowledgeable players.

My understanding is that you believe this will make farming easier - the whole point of loot assistant - in which case it reduces the difference between experienced and less experienced players - removing learning requirements and barriers to progress is something the game developers want.

This is a real small change that will make C farming a bit better and a little more accurate. It will also encourage players to work together a little more, sharing commands and there is also room for really skilled players to 'play' this to their advantage - encouraging surrounding players to share commands to 'improve' their farming and then sniping resources from local villages after they have sent troops.

Whatever features are added to the game to improve life for those with less time or knowledge, there's always going to be a way for really experienced players to gain an advantage. Let's not argue for 'status quo' - especially in this forum - this game needs to change and evolve with new features to keep it interesting for experienced players and also to break down some of the barriers to progress that new and inexperienced players face.

HotLikeDat

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I'm glad you love that.

Not only does this feature remove a key aspect of the game (effort + time + knowledge = more success), it also plays into the hands of PP players.
I'm not a big PP spender at all, but through efficient farming (that takes effort, time, and knowledge) I am able to narrow the gap between myself and those top spenders. This feature would remove my ability to do this so much, and would thus make PP an even larger determinant of success.

Deleted User - 11595623

Sorry to see this didn't make the cut.

Apparently it would give experienced players too much of an advantage AND make it too easy for newbs to farm efficiently... wtf.

maybe I should just raise the existing inaccurate calculation as a bug ...