M.A.N has merged into The Feminists (name change)

• Thread starter DeletedUser78951
  • Start date

AWPER MADNESS

lol yea he is a noob

its not like you can talk :D

http://http://www.twstats.com/en33/index.php?page=player&id=4377101

losing 20 villages to LEGION in the last 4 days, and it appears the last time you tried to take one back was like 5 days ago.

You also have lost 300k points in the last 3 weeks

Have you already given up on the war?

Maybe you should try logging in and maybe try nobling some villages instead of worrying about something 4 continents away from you?

AWPER MADNESS

Big Bobbert, I really don’t care if you are a History student, an University lecturer or even if you are as old as Moses- it is what at present that counts ;)

Seriously, you quit this world, due to studies, and now you are back, trying to cause tribes who aren’t in the top ten havoc? You commented on how Spartanxiii was reading into everything you say and you aren’t trolling into whatever we do? You gotta be kidding me.

Yes, some feminist have used militant tactics to attempt to overthrow men. But how else would they have done it? Beg at men’s feet to tell them to step down? And that would work at that time? From the link you have given us, if you look at the women in the past 9 years, there are NO women who have used militant tactics to attempt to overthrow men- one bad doesn’t mean they are all bad. So just stop using bad examples and maybe look the rising current female leaders around the world. There are more now and it is getting better due to the acts of feminist activity. Now don’t get me wrong, I am definitely not a liberal humanist or a feminist and I don’t believe either of them are wrong, but I definitely can’t stand by your actions by demining feminism.

Feminists are damaging to female rights.

Everybody, has the right to believe in whatever they want, I don’t know about you, but I live in a free country, and if you are trying to get rid of a belief, I see you no different from being a sick communist and a satanic sexist.

Women are more equal than they have ever been in the western world so anything that feminists do from now is to make men inferior and personally I refuse to contribute to that.

As Roflmeister pointed out, 42% of women suffered from abuse from a previous relationship. Half the relationships in Australia end up in a divorce, that means probably 20% of women WILL suffer abuse from a male partner in their life. Australia is also what you call a Western country, think about other countries such as parts of Asia, where women are more or less than a housewife, and basically have no social power in contrast to men? How many of those women will suffer abuse from their partner? How in the hell do you call this equality??? Are you insane?

This is where you have made your biggest mistake. Feminist don’t just consist of women (that is a stereotype), there ARE ALSO MALE FEMINIST OUT THERE. You, may be thinking that they are insane, socially, they may be. But all they believe in is for social rights for both male and female. The attitudes in this world towards male feminist may seem shameful to a man. It may seem that they are “Backstabbing” their own gender, but this is not the case. “Of course men can be Feminist, and it should be no shame to be one” (Stephanie Silver, 2003). Our world is still far from equality between the sexist, and more still has to be changed.

You may be right on the fact that females have been stronger in the world than they ever have. This is about as strong as it currently is: “Women work two-thirds of the world's working hours, produce half of the world's food, but earn only 10 percent of the world's income and own less than one percent of the world's property.” (http://pages.pacificcoast.net/~swag/womenfactsChart.htm, 2004). Yeah, that’s equal? NO! I am sure the majority will agree with me. I have seen some cases where males have been discriminate and have used power against females for their sexuality but have never seen it done the other way but it certainly does exist.

Yes, women have used their power against men at times and sometimes abuse men, but that rarely ever happens. In a what you call a “Western Country” where you state that it is “Equal”, domestic and violence happen, normally men against women, where it happens 95% of the time. (http://www.rileycenter.org/domestic-violence-myths.html, Date unknown) There is a large difference between 5% and 95%, and this is where feminism can expand on, to lower that 95%.

This is the most un-feminist statement I have ever heard. So according to you, women cannot stand up for themselves and so need a MAN to do it for them?...

Are you joking Bobbert? Are you saying that if you walked down into a bar, and saw that some average Joe-Blow was harassing a hot chick, you would rather join in than give him a hard punch across the face? Like I said males can be feminist, and standing up for a women can be part of feminism, and many feminists would agree. There is nothing wrong about MANNING-up and protecting a women, it doesn’t make people perceive you as “betraying” your gender. There is still a lot of space for feminism and for equal rights to expand on.

Yes, Roflmeister’s picture may be a little lenient to the female side of things, but as you see, the man has a smile on his face, and is showing modestly towards the woman. How many of these pictures do you see, in relation to pictures of women tied up, beaten or even raped? If you go on google and type in “women Beaten” you will realise the true horrors of what men have done to women, physically abusing them, rape, torture. Is this what you really call equality, if so, you must be a filthy sexist, ruthless wife-beater, male-supremacist.

Bobbert, I don’t hate you, I just hate what you say, so don’t think I’m picking on you or anything. From what I see, you are more of a chauvinist or a liberal humanist, whereas quotes such as:

I am all for equality, but when a party or group comes out hell....
, make me think that you have feminist ideologies BUT, fail to understand what feminism really is.

DeletedUser

Big bobbert you just got slaughtered like a noob. Awper Madness just essayed you!!!

Repinski

its not like you can talk :D

http://http://www.twstats.com/en33/index.php?page=player&id=4377101

losing 20 villages to LEGION in the last 4 days, and it appears the last time you tried to take one back was like 5 days ago.

You also have lost 300k points in the last 3 weeks

Have you already given up on the war?

Maybe you should try logging in and maybe try nobling some villages instead of worrying about something 4 continents away from you?

Hm? Oh I'm sorry but some of us have a life and can't afford to be here 24/7 like you.

Repinski

My co-player is in the middle of exams and so he hasnt been on for a few days.

DeletedUser

AWPER.

Very good points, all of them very good.

If you have skype, add me, I would love to talk more on this. - bigbobbert

Just a few points though. There has been a clear lack of understanding of Feminism. Perhaps thats why we are arguing here. We simply see Feminism as different things. I see it as millitant, aggressive and simply idiotic and annoying behavior.

1 -
feminist have used militant tactics to attempt to overthrow men. But how else would they have done it? Beg at men’s feet to tell them to step down?
I am all for revolutions. However revolution should then be followed by moderate reform. When people, for example feminists, continue to use feminist revolutionary tactics this is when they start damaging thier reputation. Revolution after revolution shows the people that there is no stability with thier policies and goals are always fluctuating.

2 -
sick communist and a satanic sexist.

Communist yes, sick no. I am by no means sexist, i find that assumption offensive to my beliefs, I have nothing but respect for women. Infact I was one of a leading group of people in High School that argued to let Girls to wear trousers during winter when it was too cold to wear skirts. Not only this, I pushed for it to be written into school rules throughout the year, not just winter. That was the tender age of 14/15. So I think that shows something about my beliefs about gender equality, but funnily enough I never argued to let Men wear Skirts...that would just be silly.

3 -
This is where you have made your biggest mistake. Feminist don’t just consist of women
Firstly I never said that there were only Female Feminists. However as it stands I do not know any well known male feminists for me to quote, so I am not going to talk about something I dont know alot about.

4 -
As Roflmeister pointed out, 42% of women suffered from abuse from a previous relationship. Half the relationships in Australia end up in a divorce, that means probably 20% of women WILL suffer abuse from a male partner in their life. Australia is also what you call a Western country, think about other countries such as parts of Asia, where women are more or less than a housewife, and basically have no social power in contrast to men? How many of those women will suffer abuse from their partner? How in the hell do you call this equality??? Are you insane?
I am going to have to be careful how i say this to make it come out the way I mean it....Women in many Asian/African countires do not have equal rights for example enforced wearing of the Burkha in Afghanistan, Stoning for adultery is a common punishment..i could continue. However in western world, Australia as you commented on...women HAVE equal rights, for example in the event of abuse, they can call the police on thier partner, they have the right to medical treatment and rights to file for divorce. In a place where they do not have equal rights, then they could not do these things, which is often the case. We are getting confused about civil rights here... Abuse has nothing to do with Civil rights, you also forget that there are plenty of men in abusive relationships.

5 -
Yeah, that’s equal? NO! I am sure the majority will agree with me
I agree with you, its not equal and its not fair. But I dont think Feminist Militant actions are going to do women any favors in changing this. A bunch of rampaging angry women demanding changes might create a change for a short space of time. But a group of civilised women who present well thier argument for change are more likely to create a long lasting change. However dont get me wrong there are times for talking, and there are time for action. Feminists have done thier ACTION in challenging the old order but now they need to do the TALKING if they expect people to support them and thier policies.

6 -
How many of these pictures do you see, in relation to pictures of women tied up, beaten or even raped? If you go on google and type in “women Beaten” you will realise the true horrors of what men have done to women, physically abusing them, rape, torture. Is this what you really call equality, if so, you must be a filthy sexist, ruthless wife-beater, male-supremacist.
There are only a very small majority of people who partake in that kind of behavior. You make it sound like all men are sex mad, domineering maniacs which is not true. I know im not one, infact i dont know anybody like that, but of course I dont deny thier existence.

7 -
Bobbert, I don’t hate you, I just hate what you say, so don’t think I’m picking on you or anything. From what I see, you are more of a chauvinist or a liberal humanist, whereas quotes such as, make me think that you have feminist ideologies BUT, fail to understand what feminism really is.
Well we all have rights to our opinions and beliefs, and I am happy to discuss this indepth. I dont hold feminist idealogies, I believe in equality for all, black, white, womam, man ect ect. We are all humans so I find it wrong that people seem to think they are superior to other human beings. Is that a Humanist? I cant remember.

Thanks for the discussion.

Repinski

AWPER.

Very good points, all of them very good.

If you have skype, add me, I would love to talk more on this. - bigbobbert

He mainly uses msn messanger because he can't get skype to work on his computer. He does have a skype though. He gets on it occasionally when he is at an internet cafe.

DeletedUser

Hm? Oh I'm sorry but some of us have a life and can't afford to be here 24/7 like you.
Why do people always insist on using this excuse? :icon_rolleyes: People who are trying as hard as they can but who are unable to achieve what they want always claim that they aren't trying.

Repinski

Really well ask my tribe. I am currently being account sat. I am doing school work atm and popping in on here occasionally.