Make Casual Great Again

Evil Omen

Reaction score
Things to make Casual worlds fair for everyone:

1. Remove Events (This would also mean you cannot transfer inventory items from a previous world)
- Keeping the pp market would be a happy medium for everybody though.

2. Remove the ability to stack barbs. This creates a fair playing ground for new players by not letting more established players stack them with insane troop counts.

Feel free to add thoughts. I'll continue to add to my list as new ideas pop into my head.

Last edited:

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Should ban players who go play casual worlds instead of getting rimmed in normal worlds like bluenile

Snuskige Lars

Reaction score
Agree with what Evil Omen said. Specially events i think would do a big deal. And no stack barbs aswell

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I know it sounds stupid, but I like playing the events. They are fun. I just think the disparity on the casual world originates from game millionnaires chasing casual glory by complete domination long before the end game phase. I think everything can be left as is if they merely cap the in-casual-game village ownership to 100 villages. So when end game starts there is parity. Making it a challenge worth participating in. I cannot see how someone that transferred to a casual world a few weeks before end game can be expected to go into end game against a millionnaire who has been village blocking for months.

I don't actually understand why anyone would want more than 100 villages in a casual setup. Surely by 100 villages the player would have achieved the purpose of learning in a casual environment.

Unless you want to keep the causual world as a competitive environment and rather create a "newby world stream" where they can join and learn to play in a casual environment without the need to chase for winning glory and run into millionnaires.

DrunkSquirrels

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I agree, chanevr. 100%.

I think they should make 2 "casuals". One with barbs for people that enjoy stacking and nuking barbs. And one for people who want to plan attacks and interact with real people.

Casual &
Classic Casual : like it was in the beginning. Eliminate all barbs.
But that would mean less money for Inno because there would be not a lot of pp sold. ;)

adr00n

Reaction score
I've got an alternative way of playing casual all together.

Lets say instead of the attack block system we got now, there's a limit of how many villages a certain player can loose to an other player.

For instance;
If player A have 100 villages.
player B cant take more than 10% of his villages.
So player B can take 10 villages from player A in the early stages of the game. then the limit is moved further once we get further into the casual world.

Its a different system, but it would prevent the 1 year deadtime that is currently on all casual servers. And it would still prevent people from getting nuked in the early stages of the game.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
The point of casual are for players to learn the game, not so you noobs can have a " balanced " place to dunk on new players.

Events are part of the main game, new players can learn them in casual that is the whole point.

chanevr

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The point of casual are for players to learn the game, not so you noobs can have a " balanced " place to dunk on new players.

Events are part of the main game, new players can learn them in casual that is the whole point.
I don't think that players choosing to play in a casual manner necessarily makes them noobs. And this is why I think that a village cap of 100 villages should be sufficient until end game phase. The excitement then being that end game phase starts with a bang and most players then with 100 villages.

.MAXIMUS.

Reaction score
Casual is not perfect but capping the village count is pretty much the definition of Communism.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I don't think that players choosing to play in a casual manner necessarily makes them noobs. And this is why I think that a village cap of 100 villages should be sufficient until end game phase. The excitement then being that end game phase starts with a bang and most players then with 100 villages.

It's literally called casual, so yes if you play it you are a noob

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
It's literally called casual, so yes if you play it you are a noob
Not necessarily. There are a lot of good players who play on Casual to flag farm. These are the players that usually have co-players on Casual and noble every barb that pop-ups, leaving new players that join the Casual world with no room to grow.

But yeah most of the players on Casual are players without experience.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Not necessarily. There are a lot of good players who play on Casual to flag farm. These are the players that usually have co-players on Casual and noble every barb that pop-ups, leaving new players that join the Casual world with no room to grow.

But yeah most of the players on Casual are players without experience.

You can be a noob even if you have experience, it can also mean that you are a bad player. And many of those players on casual that act like you said do not last on normal worlds. That is why they play casual.

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
Sure. There are players like that too. There are also good players, experienced players that have won multiple worlds and they still play on Casual and on normal worlds too.

Generalizing that all players that play on Casual are noobs, just because they play on Casual is wrong. There are all kind of players playing on Casual.

Actually, I have found Casual worlds to be even more competitive then normal worlds.

Its easier to grow on normal worlds then on Casual worlds, especially if you join late on the world.

If you join late on a normal world, you still have a chance to grow, at least until a big fish catches you on his radar.

On Casual worlds, if you join late, you cant grow since there is very little, if not nothing to noble.

Snuskige Lars

Reaction score
Imagine "Minecraft The walls" You get a certain time of chill buildup with some decent action. Great friends to play along with, you build up towards when the limits drops, and then its time for the real fun, it becomes more and more like a normal world until it is, top players in the end is usually like the players u meet on normal worlds that win worlds, only u fight with big accounts for 700 or so days :p

I play casual cuz its fun, u get tons of flags and there is fun players and fun fights and the best part, its a looong world with a big map. Meanwhile u can also focus on a normal world fully. And its a great world for those players who have gotten family, or work a bunch. That still want to enjoy TW, all probably knows alot of awesome TW players who stopped playing due to the time it needs. Casual is a great way to still be apart of the community and have a normal life and still manage the account solo or with only 1 cos.

Also a great world for those who like to sleep, since there i NB, since its pretty hard sometimes to find ST night cos NB is great for those who dont have those.

But the casual needs some fixing tho to be fair against the newer players. How that would be fixed i have no idea, but there is prob some good way.

Sometimes i also like to waste months of my life on FL on normal worlds and have a bunch of fun and question why i do it every time, and sometimes its nice to take a small break between worlds and play casual getting the motivation up for a new world again.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Imagine "Minecraft The walls" You get a certain time of chill buildup with some decent action. Great friends to play along with, you build up towards when the limits drops, and then its time for the real fun, it becomes more and more like a normal world until it is, top players in the end is usually like the players u meet on normal worlds that win worlds, only u fight with big accounts for 700 or so days :p

I play casual cuz its fun, u get tons of flags and there is fun players and fun fights and the best part, its a looong world with a big map. Meanwhile u can also focus on a normal world fully. And its a great world for those players who have gotten family, or work a bunch. That still want to enjoy TW, all probably knows alot of awesome TW players who stopped playing due to the time it needs. Casual is a great way to still be apart of the community and have a normal life and still manage the account solo or with only 1 cos.

Also a great world for those who like to sleep, since there i NB, since its pretty hard sometimes to find ST night cos NB is great for those who dont have those.

But the casual needs some fixing tho to be fair against the newer players. How that would be fixed i have no idea, but there is prob some good way.

Sometimes i also like to waste months of my life on FL on normal worlds and have a bunch of fun and question why i do it every time, and sometimes its nice to take a small break between worlds and play casual getting the motivation up for a new world again.

You literally are the reason why it's bad for the newbs. You should be banned from playing it

Go farm flags in regular worlds.

.MAXIMUS.

Reaction score
You literally are the reason why it's bad for the newbs. You should be banned from playing it

Wrong.

Your unjustified aggressive attitude is the reason it's bad for the newbs everywhere.

world8vet

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Wrong.

Your unjustified aggressive attitude is the reason it's bad for the newbs everywhere.

I don't play casual you do. Stop being a noob and play a regular world

Imagine actually thinking that veteren players in casual is not a problem

.MAXIMUS.

Reaction score
I don't play casual you do. Stop being a noob and play a regular world

Imagine actually thinking that veteren players in casual is not a problem
In that case, go cry somewhere else noob. This doesn't concern you.

Snuskige Lars

Reaction score

I don't play the casuals for the flags at all, if so i wouldnt have stayed to win C10 a nonflag casual for 700+ days. Its a nice community, u get to teach other players aswell that maybe don't know much which also is really fun to do I've helped plenty of new players and made them wanna try out normalworlds aswell. . And u get to fight great players aswell, and there is nightprotection :> The name of the world is "Casual" It's a casual world. If they want to nerf the better players there is ways to do it. Like turn off barbsupport so we cant stack it. that way the new players in rim can take it way before. Also if they would remove all veteran players from casual there wouldnt be much players left. There is also a bunch of oldschool players who play casual due to the long time span of the world and world size. And as i said u can live a normal life without having to fill up the acc with 24/7 activity