Failed Vote Make Tribe Settings to be tribe based instead of global player settings

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
1628166663402.png

Make this settings to be tribe settings (as their settings group says) not player settings.

This settings are currently found on Settings -> Game Options, so they are universal player settings.

If instead we move this settings into the tribe section. We make this settings to be tribe specific. So whenever a player changes tribe then this settings will get reset so he has to refill this settings on the new tribe.

This is just a way for players to not share info with people they don't yet trust while joining a new tribe just because they had set the settings like this for their old tribe.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Approved for voting, although I have to say developers probably prefer to keep all settings "clustered" together instead of in tons of seperate screens. It is simply more intuitive (I think) to search for a setting in a settings screen than having to open several screens that are all called "Settings" :)

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the input @JawJaw.

One way to keep these settings still be here and do what I'm suggesting also could be then to add 1 more setting (like a dropdown or a radio input type).

Example:

1630181233822.png

So, the settings are still kept on the same place they are now but with the addition of this new setting, if the player has chosen to reset the settings every time he switches tribe these settings are reset, otherwise the settings are not modified.

Technically, 1 new field needs to be added on database for this and some logic that needs to be triggered whenever a player switches tribe.

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
cf0f842058722b4af2d4d8ba278ef5bf.png

Could also make Manage Settings be a pop-up so you can fix your tribe settings in this screen instead of being sent to settings page

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
I have a question, for everyone that voted No, why? Why did you voted no?

I would love to hear opinions on why you think this is bad because that might help to find solutions even for that ... instead of just voting No without giving any feedback.

Regards,
Red.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I've voted no on this simply because it makes more sense to me to keep all settings in the settings section.

I don't like how complicated and messy the settings section is (15 tabs when 5-6 would do? so unnecessary), but keeping everything in one place is more naturally user-friendly to me.

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
I see. Adding a new field on the Tribe Settings group, as suggested here:
Would solve that then.

This actually is a better suggestion then my initial one.

Because it requires more work from the player. The player only checks once if he wants to reset settings when changing tribes. If he choses Yes, then settings are resetted otherwise settings are not resetted.

All the settings are still centralized in one single place, all the settings are still global, and in the same time specific enough and optional too ... so players who want to keep the settings not to be resetted ... they can do so.

So I do not see how anyone loses from this suggestion, other then winning a new optional capability which currently does not exist, resetting tribe settings when switching tribe.

Regards,
Red.