Making the building account manager work better

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

- Mr. President

Reaction score
In my opinion, there are two critical things that are lacking in the building AM - the fact that it builds farm quite late (most of the times it just goes for it when it can't built the desired next building), it would be great if a function could be added that would make the account manager build farm for example when there is less than 5% of that farm space left, that would help players never stop production while still being efficient in building.

The other problem is regarding academy, and it also still applies to the farm problem.
When the account manager is going for academy (e.g. smith 18, 19, 20 in queue), if something else is in the building list after those levels and the academy, as it cant build academy it will just start adding what comes after in the model, making it so you eventually have to go to that village, cancel everything and then push academy up in the queue. Ideally, it'd cancel the queue itself, for the village to never fill up in resources (if that is the case) or if that's not possible then it would already be great if it could simply push the academy up in the queue. Im sure this would save players a lot of time as they wouldn't have to be worried about academies being built late.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
First point, fix your template imo.

Second point, is it really adding stuff that is after academy in the list? Pretty sure it doesnt add anything behind Smithy 20 -> Academy unless told so?

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I've voted yes as I like the idea of making the Account Manager slightly more intuitive to player needs with the 5% farm space aspect.

I don't agree with the academy part of the suggestion. Everybody has different opinions on what is most important to build and when, so prioritising any building aside from the farm isn't something I feel is necessary.

- Mr. President

Reaction score
I've voted yes as I like the idea of making the Account Manager slightly more intuitive to player needs with the 5% farm space aspect.

I don't agree with the academy part of the suggestion. Everybody has different opinions on what is most important to build and when, so prioritising any building aside from the farm isn't something I feel is necessary.

Well, it should atleast be an available option then

- Mr. President

Reaction score
@JawJaw Farm Upgrade Suggestion

Are we doing duplicates now? :eek:Cause this is very similar to the first point raised in this suggestion...

Its not exactly the same and mine is more general I wouldn't say its exactly a duplicate, that player also indicates the value at which the AM should update the farm to be a constant number, and I indicate it as a variable, there are similar things but not exactly the same

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Well, it should atleast be an available option then

I don't think that part should be an option / included. I'll explain why :)

If there is an option for the Academy to be prioritised, then this option should be also be made for all other buildings too as there are a number that can't be built until other prerequisites have been met (whether it is a very low building level requirement like the market, a medium level requirement like the workshop or a high level requirement like the academy). That in itself would make the Account Manager far more convoluted and less user friendly (not to mention, I don't see it realistically being a good thing for the Developers to spend time on with the amount of additional coding likely needed to make that small change).

A good Account Manager setup (or regularly checking this across your account which can easily be done using the dynamic grouping) would be able to avoid that issue entirely. I voted yes for the farm suggestion as this is something that would benefit users with the farm being a more unique building (as the farm space is always going to be vastly different and changing in villages throughout the game).

The 5% farm space warning element - which I think should be added as a fixed percentage and not adjustable if the setting goes ahead - is something the game can't currently take into account.

The remainder of the setting, users have ways of resolving this themselves by simply creating a better AM template for themselves. I've never had what you are describing as an issue because of the way I set my AM template up so it certainly is possible.

Hopefully this clarifies my perspective :)

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
To clarify somewhat, it is not actually following the template as outlined; and this happens with other buildings as well. AM batch-queues buildings, and when a building is unavailable to queue because the requirements haven't been met, it will just queue whatever comes after that instead. Resulting in your template not actually being respected as it is originally ordered.

This suggestion simply says to respect the template as it is actually laid out. I think that's completely reasonable and isn't something covered by "different people have different opinions".

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
AM batch-queues buildings, and when a building is unavailable to queue because the requirements haven't been met, it will just queue whatever comes after that instead. Resulting in your template not actually being respected as it is originally ordered.

This suggestion simply says to respect the template as it is actually laid out. I think that's completely reasonable and isn't something covered by "different people have different opinions".

The Account Manager can already be set up to avoid that happening is the point I'm making. That is down to how the user chooses to set up the Account Manager. In my mind, having a building prioritization aside from farm (which is how the suggestion reads) shouldn't really be an update as it would lead to a far more automated game mechanic rather than players being left to use some intuition and strategy :)

- Mr. President

Reaction score
For us to be able to go for academy straight away as soon as the requirements are met, we'd have to create one specific AM model that upgrades nothing else after smith 20, something like hq 20 smith 20 market 10 academy 1, you would have to be playing with various different models, and I don't agree with there having to be that functionality for all of the buildings - as we both know, most villages that are conquered already come with market, stable, etc, most of the times also with workshop, but when they don't it is still not a big deal because of how the workshop works - it is not a vital part of the game, you can develop without having your workshop instantly built in one specific village, and because you usually build it at around 1200+/- points, and academy at around 3500+/- points, the fact that the account manager queues up more things after the smith 20 and academy has to wait until those are all done is way more problematic than a 1.2k point village having to wait 30 minutes in queue to build its workshop. I get that you could add, for example, 5 levels of hiding spot to your model right after smithy 20, but it still sounds like a no brainer to me that we can't atleast set academy as a "prioritized" building, something that would atleast bump it up in the queue.