Maps & Stats and more?

DeletedUser

The maps stay as I want them to tag wise.

If you really think that having 22 tags on a map makes it better then just marking things by family then you can go make your own map and post it here, I can even include it with my map as an alternative map for every update. VVV+ also got a heavier presence in the most eastern Ks of the VVV cluster so should I put their tag in there as well?

Do not put words into my mouth, I did not say either of them was larger on one particular side, I pointed out that they were intermingled with large amounts of points in each others areas. If you can prove that a SCI branch + it's academy has 15%+ dominance in all of the Ks dominated by another of the SCI branches + academy I will listen.

TSE and BNL has worked closer together then what I saw between VVV and VVV+ while I was there, thus they are by MY standards a coalition, close allies working together. While I'm at it did you just say that the OVA/R0N/R0S borders are unclear? In my making of maps I am hindered by available colors, I can't make every tribe up there with it's own color as there are just not enough, I sacrifice by putting Alliances/familes or "close friends forever" as the same color and putting them under one tag. But as I said earlier, feel free to make your own maps. I do mine, you do yours.

What does this matter to you anyways? You're R2-TRU after all.

DeletedUser

I wonder how big that coaltion really is since I do quite much of the tribes diplomacy around W5. -.-'

DeletedUser

The maps stay as I want them to tag wise.

If you really think that having 22 tags on a map makes it better then just marking things by family then you can go make your own map and post it here, I can even include it with my map as an alternative map for every update. VVV+ also got a heavier presence in the most eastern Ks of the VVV cluster so should I put their tag in there as well?

Welcome to map making. Thana got plenty of critiquing.. oh.. right.. but your in Sci.. you get special treatment.. my bad. And I'm petitioning for less or more, as long as it's the same for everyone.

Do not put words into my mouth, I did not say either of them was larger on one particular side, I pointed out that they were intermingled with large amounts of points in each others areas. If you can prove that a SCI branch + it's academy has 15%+ dominance in all of the Ks dominated by another of the SCI branches + academy I will listen.

Ah.. but I did say that..and you claimed to have proven me wrong. I'm pretty sure that means you put your own words in your mouth.

TSE and BNL has worked closer together then what I saw between VVV and VVV+ while I was there, thus they are by MY standards a coalition, close allies working together. While I'm at it did you just say that the OVA/R0N/R0S borders are unclear? In my making of maps I am hindered by available colors, I can't make every tribe up there with it's own color as there are just not enough, I sacrifice by putting Alliances/familes or "close friends forever" as the same color and putting them under one tag. But as I said earlier, feel free to make your own maps. I do mine, you do yours.

What does this matter to you anyways? You're R2-TRU after all.

And this is why I'm calling it propoganda. Your basing it off of 'what you saw' and based on 'your standards'. The very base of all propoganda and politics lies within those 2 ideals.

As far as borders being unclear.. that would be putting words into someone's mouth. I never said that, I simply made a comparison.

As far as my own maps.. when I make them I leave out the propoganda and needless name tagging. As I said on mine.. if you can't tell who is who.. ask a friend. But.. when you do include that stuff.. be prepared to be critiqued, just one of the consequences of making public posts. If you can't handle that.. either don't be biased.. or don't post them.

DeletedUser

Welcome to map making. Thana got plenty of critiquing.. oh.. right.. but your in Sci.. you get special treatment.. my bad.

Did I ask for special treatment or state anywhere that I expected it? I might be in SCI but what does that have to do with anything?

Ah.. but I did say that..and you claimed to have proven me wrong. I'm pretty sure that means you put your own words in your mouth.

I proved that they were not split entities, that's more then enough for me to keep them marked as a total and not two names.

As far as my own maps.. when I make them I leave out the propoganda and needless name tagging. As I said on mine.. if you can't tell who is who.. ask a friend. But.. when you do include that stuff.. be prepared to be critiqued, just one of the consequences of making public posts. If you can't handle that.. either don't be biased.. or don't post them.

I did take the critique into consideration, it's just that yours touched a nerve that said "hmm, this guys whining just to whine" (yes, you). I've had TSE and BNL as a coalition and SCI marked "separately" since the 1st map I made and published, you did certainly not whine then.

I will continue posting them and I do still not see the bias of the naming policy, other then the fact that this weeks map is missing both HOPs and TDDs tags...

I'll see what I can do for jezuz though, maybe shading each tribe in it's own way. This way VVV will be marked in two shades of their color, TSE and BNL in their respective shades of what ever color they have at the time etc. That might also take a lot of time so the maps will be late pretty much every week from now on, as I'm n00b at PS I'm more then happy to take the challenge.

Being biased is human nature, the picture got bias but the stats don't. Thank you for telling me that I'm a poor politician, I take that in the same way as being told I'm a sucky veterinarian, I ignore it, as I'm neither.

@ jezuz: Oh, and I nearly forgot, the TSE coalition also got something to do with the fact that they're basically your pet tribe and you can crush them if you feel like it :)

DeletedUser

This is by far the most biased propoganda maps I've seen. Atleast the other map makers(from W5 and without) had the respect to mark tribes as they wished. But.. by your statement to xjezuzx about BNL being crushable.. you should add Hoplon to Scir0n.

DeletedUser

Did I ask for special treatment or state anywhere that I expected it? I might be in SCI but what does that have to do with anything?

I did take the critique into consideration, it's just that yours touched a nerve that said "hmm, this guys whining just to whine" (yes, you). I've had TSE and BNL as a coalition and SCI marked "separately" since the 1st map I made and published, you did certainly not whine then.

I will continue posting them and I do still not see the bias of the naming policy, other then the fact that this weeks map is missing both HOPs and TDDs tags...

I'll see what I can do for jezuz though, maybe shading each tribe in it's own way. This way VVV will be marked in two shades of their color, TSE and BNL in their respective shades of what ever color they have at the time etc. That might also take a lot of time so the maps will be late pretty much every week from now on, as I'm n00b at PS I'm more then happy to take the challenge.

Being biased is human nature, the picture got bias but the stats don't. Thank you for telling me that I'm a poor politician, I take that in the same way as being told I'm a sucky veterinarian, I ignore it, as I'm neither.

@ jezuz: Oh, and I nearly forgot, the TSE coalition also got something to do with the fact that they're basically your pet tribe and you can crush them if you feel like it :)
I think, I say, I'll see, I'm a, I nearly, I might, etc etc

enough said above?

"Pet tribe" sounds bad.
see it like an allied tribe, that builds, and controls the area behind them, so they don't have to concern about that, let them have fun, villages get build, some good players/friends/people come out of it.

BNL is more independand then -=SP=-, HOP=(SCI?) and some others controlled by their parental tribe.

DeletedUser

well, geez guys thanks, I really appreciate this. If you could just make me famous in other worlds for being a biarsed PnP noob I'd be even more happy! The maps stay, what do I have to loose on it?

I apologize to any and all BNL/BNL-ET members for saying you would be crushed in a war vs TSE, I am sure you will make a much greater stand and impression on TSE then TNE did to anybody, and you'll most likely do even better then many other tribes around here have done in a war, though in pure number you're outgunned.

The choice to call you a coalition came due to a lack of colors in the beginning of my map making (there were 17 powers back then) and there were actually people who agreed that keeping BNL and TSE together would be the better outcome then just dropping them from the maps entirely. (Yes, these people were from TSE). My maps evolve in time and they will keep on evolving for a while still.

As well, SP are not independent at all, so you do have very valid point in the fact that BNL do have more of a self rule then they do.

Punchline: Does anybody have anything to say other then the obvious fact that I'm extremely biased in my mapmaking and that I suck? If not, thanks and good night. See you all next week for another biased update :) Enjoy.

DeletedUser

Somebody got to have it in mind... impossible to post on the world forums without being called a sucker by somebody. We all know it and accept it. The updates will continue being biased until I figure out how to turn that thing off though... the biarse button of mine has been stuck to "on" for a long time already, it might have rusted in place :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

Yes, I get that time after time that BNL is a family so I gave up. We could surely crush bnl but then two allies wouldn't benifith anything from eachother. One good thing were that they could take the south and not worry about morale.

BNL have helped TSE a lot in return for getting help and protection as well. Just that we're still two tribes who work in different directions. Not to mention that they're climbing up in ranks quite good, could be fun for them to have an own color. So if you could do anything then it would be great.:)

DeletedUser

I'll look into it, as you might have noticed I'm playing around with the tribe coloring atm... got to find colors that match, yet don't make one tribe look amazingly much bigger then the other, can see if it's possible to give BNL it's own color, but I'm allowed to count you statswise as an entity right? It makes W5 look better to the rest of the community! (really, it does...)

DeletedUser

Sorry, but didn't we just agree that DL were part of the LFKD like two weeks ago?

DeletedUser

Yes sure, that's fine for me. If it gets more activity then it's no problem for me.

I know the color part, it's a pain in the ass, though I got to say that I love making maps a a 1920x1080 Window. I got like all rainbow colors on several fronts to locate different players.:p

The bigger the map is, the better it looks^^

DeletedUser

I design my maps at a 2000x2000 resolution but scale them down to 680 to fit the forum image rules later... if the rule isn't 640, then I'm screwed

I did a ninja edit of the maps, TDD and HOPLO should now have tags as well, the image files are under the same name in photobucket as I deleted the last one so you might have to clear cookies to view the new one

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nice maps

P.S. Maps are usually an exception with the image-size rule :)

DeletedUser

" @ jezuz: Oh, and I nearly forgot, the TSE coalition also got something to do with the fact that they're basically your pet tribe and you can crush them if you feel like it "

ouch bro! bit harsh. dismissive much? Sure its TSE the war machine but give us a little credit aye?

DeletedUser

BNl is a great ally, I first had to gather about 4 support each village for Vdos in TSE, then I covered Ythebear with two each and BNL is known for returning favors. Not to mention I can always send out every supporting vilalge from peopel in case of more attacks so there do always still got to be a large quantity left. If we would have supported Ythebear ourself then it's 700-1400 lesss defensive villages to go around. So I greatly appriciate the help I have goten from BNL.:)

DeletedUser

Top work my friend and very helpful map

i hope you dont mind me copying it for our council wall

keep up the good work:icon_razz:

DeletedUser

jezuz introduced us to the taco :) if that is not a true ally, i dont know one.