Mass Recruit Tribes Overwhelming?

DeletedUser44759

Nice to see some old faces here...i'm just dipping toe in the water after a long enforced break, but this is an old argument, mass recruiters can work, but seldom do, those that do stop mass recruiting fairly on and eat the dross as a rule, premades too are generally a long term fail with regard to giving a bunch of friends from another world(s) the same experience they had before, but even so offer a better starting package on the whole.

One of the joys of TW has been the new friends I've made on every world, whether this name or my others, especially when you get to go to their weddings in foreign parts, hahaha, those friendships are generally made in smaller tribes too.

most older players seem to agree that a tribe of no more than 100 is the best formula, that allows 50 odd actives, 25 semi-active and the rest sat or inactive, even then keeping 50 actives focused and motivated can be a problem, the real key is not numbers tho' it's characters...every world has them, good or bad, but a tribe with 5 characters is a fun one and will generally prosper..at the end of the day TW is a game of attrition, mass recruiters can soak up losses but seldom organise well or prosper when the real wars start, premades are unpredictable, on this world i'd watch out for later tribes appearing nearer the rim, semi-premades of 10 good players or so are already waiting for starting places to become more geographically limited and that could be fun, woot!

DeletedUser

Most older players agree that there isnt generally a need for more then 30 members, not sure where your getting 100 from.

Light One

There is a problem with these mass-recruiting noobs if they are active, for example, If you start attacking one of there little nooby players, and there tribe decides to step in, even sending just 10 spear each your looking at 1500 spear right there, and if they send 100 spear thats 15,000 spear, huge numbers for early game. Or if they all decided to attack you even if only half the tribe helped your still looking at 75 incomings.

Thankfully, most players in Mass-recruiter tribes are point whore trying to hide, and wont give a stuff if someone else is getting attacked.

But an organized M-R tribe maybe one with a decent leader could easily become a problem for a pre-made.

Light One

Since i posted this i think 5 more mass-recruiters have come into the top 20 lol

monsterbro

GOW been number 1 in k54 for bit now but i will destroy them and they also have Academy Tribe with 48 members so they have total of 198 members

Light One

Stuff G.O.W lol have you seen those noobs BURN? they have 149 in there main, then an academy with 97, thats 246 noobs all under the same banner, there map must be totally blue haha

monsterbro

haha BURN they tryed to recruit me let me get that message out here

Seciu today at 12:49
hello I could convince you to come to the tribe we are a powerful tribe in this area and we would like to have experienced membershuh? and sorry if I offended you?

DeletedUser

Lol. Thankfully I joined late, on the rim of K65 and In the top 20?
The reason why Mass recruiting fails id you can't organise 150 People. ;)

Light One

Oh how embarrassing. I think they tried to recruit me as well, kinda sad.... Just need to find a way to save there (if any) decent members who may have got caught up in the idea they were a decent tribe.

monsterbro

there only 2 member i know that would be any good outta there massive number

Light One

Who do you suppose they would be? Id like to steal them mwahaha lol

DeletedUser

Even though these mass-recruiting tribes will disappear as the world goes older, premades will always go first. :lol:

Light One

and what tribe you in light one

I would love to tell you, but ive made a fair amount of enemies in other worlds, i would also like to have the freedom to slander anyone I want without repercussion and so i will maintain my alias.

But will mention my current tribe is in the top 20 ^_^

DeletedUser

There are always, always tribes that push the member limit at the start of the world. This is nothing new, and it don't think it'll ever change. This world is really no different to any other that cam before it, and I have no doubt that, as nobling approaches, we will see the good players emerging at the same rate as they always do.

Light One

Still, having lumbering noob giants like BURN hovering over K44 can be annoying.