Mass renaming attacks

• Thread starter DeletedUser113861
  • Start date

DeletedUser113861

Hello.
i have 1600 incomings. and that's fine, i've been through and done everything i need to do.

But how do i rename all the 1600 incomings without doing them one by one?
I just wanna go "select all" and "rename"

Just to separate them from any possible new attacks.

I understand i need to use a script of some kind?

i'm not the most veteran player so if someone can post a straight forward way i'd be grateful :)

Thanks

DeletedUser112704

well, I'd love to see that PM too... I'm not under attack for now, but that might change at any moment :p

Repinski

There are many methods to labeling the incommings someone has. This includes mass tagging via script and manual mass tag knowing how to do it quickly and effectively. There are also multiple forms of tagging depending on what you want to see and this usually stems into more in depth strategies.

I suggest you guys have a look at this thread for some insight on some of those things. Not sure if they're in there but chances are they are.

DeletedUser113861

Hey guys, i still can't get it to work. it's left a few people puzzled.

1.) edit the quick bar and put in the tagger script into the target URL
2.) go to the incomings overview
3.) click on the tagger link in the quick bar
4.) a number pops up and i click ok.
5.) it is supposed to rename ALL the incoming attacks for me?

Doesn't work.
Really not sure why. Has anyone else had this problem? what could i be doing wrong?
maybe there are firewalls or something stopping it? is it something to do with java?

DeletedUser

Did you read the thread Wolfie posted?
Even though it's written by Googly it is quite well done and should explain any issues if you take the time to go through it. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Hey guys, i still can't get it to work. it's left a few people puzzled.

1.) edit the quick bar and put in the tagger script into the target URL
2.) go to the incomings overview
3.) click on the tagger link in the quick bar
4.) a number pops up and i click ok.
5.) it is supposed to rename ALL the incoming attacks for me?

Doesn't work.
Really not sure why. Has anyone else had this problem? what could i be doing wrong?
maybe there are firewalls or something stopping it? is it something to do with java?

You have to open each individual incoming in a new tab, and then run the tagger script on each one - just like any old tagging script. Really the main difference between mass-tagging and slower methods is quickly opening all untagged incomings in new tabs.

So basically, with that in mind, here is how to mass-tag:

Step 1: Use (and learn to love) the Links Panel in Opera
Step 2: There is no Step 2

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
If you are struggling with the Guide Dawolf linked you to, add me on Skype and I'll walk you through it in more detail than my guide gives. My Skype is: thekingofaz

DeletedUser

Is there a way to set up an opera keyboard shortcut to run a script and switch to the next page?

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Is there a way to set up an opera keyboard shortcut to run a script and switch to the next page?

Yes. Put the tagging script as a bookmark (call the name and nickname tagger). Create a command in Opera, with this as the command:

go to nickname, "tagger"&switch to next page

Any short-cut key will work - I personally use alt + G.

Snoopzy

alternatively, instead of using the name of the bookmark you can just use the number of it.

Go to speed dial, 1 & Switch to next page

Use any hotkey you want, I personally prefer using the 1st letter of whatever you are using it for. I for incoming, t for t-train, f for fake (mass faking) etc etc

DeletedUser

Ah. Thanks guys! I tried "go to page" and "focus panel"; didn't see the "go to nickname" option.

DeletedUser113861

this new tagger feature is great! saves a lot of time.

any old schoolers out there think it kills the game just a little bit?
just wondering

i really like it

mrpointhore

Has its pro's and con's

One would think it kind of ruins the whole idea of faking now though. Also makes it that much harder to sneak in long range nobles anymore.

MR.MR

This new tagger only tags nobles correctly if you are online within 5*(distance in fields) minutes of the attacks being launched, otherwise they will be tagged as rams. That was always the same before, your noble nukes would be tagged as nobles if your opponent is online when you launched, otherwise they would often be mistaken for rams. It can actually be easier now as many people will mass-tag with the ingame tagger and just assume that it is 100% accurate, when it might not be. All hope is not lost.