Mass renaming attacks

• Thread starter DeletedUser113861
  • Start date

darkaniken2

yeah disappointed that long range nobles will be less effective.

It's not like they were particularly difficult to find before. All this really does is remove tagging as a chore. So you can't force people to quit by simply faking.

Wars weren't meant to be won by sending so many fakes a player would rather quit than tag them all. You're supposed to win through superior tactics and overwhelming strength of arms, not the fact that it takes a matter of minutes for a well coordinated tribe to send 10,000+ attacks on a single player, while it takes that player a hell of a lot longer to tag them.

And even then, as has been pointed out elsewhere, even assuming all attacks are tagged correctly(which is, to be fair, not a safe assumption), fakes still have their place. Send 9 fakes and a nuke from the same village, times 1-200 hundred villages, and it's still going to be difficult to pick out the nukes, especially if done in a coordinated fashion so that they appear to be landing in a manner that could make any of the targeted the villages equally likely to be the targeted.

And as for nobles, there are still real noble fakes that can be used as a tactic.

So wars get a little more challenging. I fail to see how this is really a problem, and I actually welcome it, since this game has long ago started to seem more like a chore than anything.

mrpointhore

I do think it has its positives, for sure.

However, for me personally, just seems like it is becoming more noob/lazy friendly.
Why shouldn't people who spend more time and effort into their accounts be rewarded? If tribe x fakes player y, and the player y quits, then good for tribe x.
If player y decides to tag all those incomings, then good on him for spending the time on doing it, he clearly cares enough that he's putting that much more effort in.

All this does now, is makes it easier for the not so devoted players to get ahead, which in my opinion, isn't very fair.

darkaniken2

However, for me personally, just seems like it is becoming more noob/lazy friendly.
Why shouldn't people who spend more time and effort into their accounts be rewarded? If tribe x fakes player y, and the player y quits, then good for tribe x.

I fail to see how making the game more welcoming to newer players is a bad thing. From a business standpoint, new players means new revenue. From a gameplay standpoint, it means new opponents to offer a challenge.

If player y decides to tag all those incomings, then good on him for spending the time on doing it, he clearly cares enough that he's putting that much more effort in.

And what of those people who can't tag massive amounts of incomings? Those people using old computers that would crash at even the thought of opening 100 tabs at once, let alone a thousand.

And to address the greater point, tagging is already largely automated, for those lucky enough to get their hands on an attack ID tagger and lucky enough to be in a tribe that maintains it. More likely than not, those tribes and players didn't write that script, or even modify it. They found it and used it. But not everyone has that opportunity.

I do not understand this equation between tagging and effort. Tagging takes no skill, it takes relatively little thought, and it takes a very substantial amount of time doing the same thing over and over again.

All this does now, is makes it easier for the not so devoted players to get ahead, which in my opinion, isn't very fair.

This is crap. Sending mass fakes isn't devotion, and not wanting to spend a whole weekend tagging incomings as a result of mass faking isn't a lack of devotion. I'm sorry if you don't like being challenged, but I prefer to fight, and win, wars through strategy and determination, not by forcing the defender to choose between having a fun night with their boy/girl/regular friends or whatever else people like to do for fun or tagging 20k attacks in a monotonous chore.

DeletedUser112209

I definitely like the new tagger. I think fakes will now be more about quality than quantity. I am all for anything in the game that gets rid of the mindless clicking and makes it more about strategy.

darkaniken2

I definitely like the new tagger. I think fakes will now be more about quality than quantity. I am all for anything in the game that gets rid of the mindless clicking and makes it more about strategy.

As always lord of war, you put into a few sentences what I can't seem to articulate in several paragraphs. I knew there was a reason I loved you.

DeletedUser

This new tagger only tags nobles correctly if you are online within 5*(distance in fields) minutes of the attacks being launched, otherwise they will be tagged as rams. That was always the same before, your noble nukes would be tagged as nobles if your opponent is online when you launched, otherwise they would often be mistaken for rams. It can actually be easier now as many people will mass-tag with the ingame tagger and just assume that it is 100% accurate, when it might not be. All hope is not lost.

Can I have the script sir? I lost my mass incoming tagger.. And now, I cant find a decent and recent one. thanks :)

DeletedUser113861

can someone please put me on to a good resource balancer script\guide?

I've never tried one and thought id like to give it a go. I've been doing it manually and i'm sickkkkk of it lol

sidd 271

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
this
[spoil]javascript:function MarketMain(){var a=document;if(window.frames.length>0)a=window.main.document;var b=a.createElement('script');b.type='text/javascript';b.src='http://www.extremetw.com/rix/mbv8.js';a.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(b)}function getGameDoc(winvar){getdoc=winvar.document;if(!getdoc.URL.match('game\.php')){for(var i=0;i<winvar.frames.length;i++){if(winvar.frames.document.URL.match('game\.php')){getdoc=winvar.frames.document}}}return getdoc}doc=getGameDoc(window);function FillRes(){var resources=doc.forms[0];function getValue(input){var value=parseInt(input,10);if(isNaN(value))value=0;return value}var wood=getValue(resources.wood.value);var clay=getValue(resources.stone.value);var iron=getValue(resources.iron.value);function OKClick(){var arrInputs=resources.getElementsByTagName('input');for(var idx1=0;idx1<arrInputs.length;idx1++){if(arrInputs[idx1].value.indexOf('OK')!=-1){arrInputs[idx1].click();break}}}function insertValues(){var URLargs=doc.URL.split("&");for(var i=0;i<URLargs.length;i++){var args=URLargs.split("=");if(args.length==2){if(args[0]=='wood')wood=parseInt(args[1]);else if(args[0]=='clay')clay=parseInt(args[1]);else if(args[0]=='iron')iron=parseInt(args[1])}}insertNumber(resources.wood,wood);insertNumber(resources.stone,clay);insertNumber(resources.iron,iron)}if(wood+clay+iron>0){OKClick()}else{insertValues()}}if(doc.URL.match(/clay=/)||doc.URL.match(/confirm_send/)){FillRes()}else{MarketMain()}[/spoil]

DeletedUser113330

Not this [spoil]javascript:disfunctional balancing act(){uhave a=Game.of.thrones;(illegal.download>0)a=song(SUM(fire;ice) b=a.flyingAnimal(‘terrible/lizard’);b.type=’child.dragon{with}a.mother’;b.src=’ http://goo.gl/Fcd4cA;(‘epic’)[0].she’sHot(b)}wowser.eyebrows.though.[Theon.hurt]getGameDoc(help.him){gotthedoc?=;if.yes.then.(!good)if.no.then(!get the.f’ing.doctor. (damn.hes.reek.now.php')) {if(winter.comes.will.ANY.starks(‘live.to.see.it’\.php')){getaway=from.wall.John[bastard].snow}}}=error”subject.knows.nothing”return.to.wall.repeatedlyGet}to=the.bit.of.episode(with Daenyrs);function SpendTime(5-10 minutes){just introducing=her.to.someone[0];Mother(ofDragons)Freer of..blah-repeat]Never.have excess<500Titles{@start.of.name}value=Boobs.in.show(input,>10 boobs);if(isNo.storyline(value=who cares?More.boob!))value=100% if + boob;return value – heaps}intro stark.character=ifNear(family/loved-one);kill.one.of.them fray=getF’d(betrayer.no.value);little.stark.girl=getCat(write.list);should’ve.chosen.better.people.2.die(){barathian=achieve.nothing(surprised?’); no(he.just.makes.plans) if(Tyrion.slaps()||little.twerp.joffery(/confirm_legend)status/)){FillUpTime()}with{Walkers.White(not-zombies()}[/spoil]

xXLordWardXx

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I dont think MrPointWhore was 'hoping' that players quit once mass faked.

But EVERYONE in a huge war, going head to head for a few months, winning or losing. Loves to see their opponent hit that delete button. (especially if they send a cute little rage mail right before).

But I agree, this game is turning into a second job but it doesnt pay me, I pay it...

DeletedUser112704

And as for nobles, there are still real noble fakes that can be used as a tactic.

ooh yes, and that's something adding a bit more fun to the game. seeing how enemy stacks a village hoping it'll kill several prenukes and a train, while leaving other villages vulnerable is a huge fun. especially on coin world, where anyone who farms decent amount of recourses per day, can use that trick.

(not everybody understands it though).