Massive Natural Features

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zeddy le mange

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Seeing as we're not allowed to go outside anymore, perhaps you could put a bit more of the outside on our screens?

I have always admired the sustainability of the little chaps on every world. Despite being bloodthirsty, pillaging, murderous weapon wielders, there is never any deforestation, the clay pits never run out and the iron mines are always full. They must, after every battle and siege, put everything back where it naturally belongs so that they can then repeat the process. And the lakes are always really blue.

Anyway.

I was thinking I would love a world where there are massive natural features - such as enormous lakes, mountain ranges and forests. This would mean tribes could build in natural defences to their planning, and not just run to the rim to protect their backs.

I don't think it'd be necessary to change any of the travel times... meaning troops could swim / climb as fast as they can march / gallop. But considering the lifestyle they lead, that's not unexpected.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Approved for voting, though at the moment I would not put up too much hope on it as we do prioritize game functions over graphics.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I voted yes, but not for the graphics. I think that having more areas that are naturally barricaded is a good suggestion. Let's face it, player counts aren't what they used to be. I don't think villages need to be as clustered as they are now. Some features to break it up and add a bit more strategy to expansion would be great.

HotLikeDat

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I think this is a really good idea actually, add a new aspect to the game to contend with while not fundamentally altering the main principles of the game.
Mountains/villages that are more difficult to take through travel time or whatever could add a new dimension.
or perhaps a mountain area where villages have +300% iron production or something, a wood area with a huge timber bonus etc. Might be interesting

H

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I don't think changing travel times would be a good idea, there are too many old, unmaintained tools that would be broken by such a change and never fixed.

HotLikeDat

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Yeah I don't mean like a village that takes 3 times longer to get through from anywhere. There'd just be like a clump of trees or mountain on the map which u have to travel 'through' to get to the other side. Could have a big forst clump, or a mountain range spanning a K or half a K. Break up the core or rim/core a bit.

My village Tree Tree Tree Tree Tree His village