Militia Information

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Typhi, Dec 9, 2010.

Share This Page

1. Lambert21

Lambert21 Contributing Poster

and whats wrong with that?

(@Typhi - first edition still better :icon_wink:)

2. Scrappy Dum

Scrappy Dum Non-stop Poster

It might be away for TW to keep noobs in the game, back when i joined TW there was well over 400k players in TW. Now TW doesnt even have 200k in players.

HMM wonder why.......

3. Demiraco

Demiraco New Member

seems it would be thier fault for allowing the sit; should be more careful who you trust

4. huddo3

huddo3 Member

how do you actually get the malitia?

5. Nima Unknown

Nima Unknown Contributing Poster

Feel free to check the first post of this topic, huddo. :)

6. spudseq

spudseq Active Member

3rd village after activation

If I have TWO vills and I activate militia

then right after that I nobel the third village

what happens(if anything) to the miltia ??

7. Tigerteufel

Tigerteufel Non-stop Poster

Nothing happens, the militia will remain until the 6 hours rans out. The requirements for the militia are only checked when you call them and not later on.

8. Xtrah

Xtrah New Member

Dunno if this've been asked before, but what about using Milita for sniping?

9. Jack.Skellington

Jack.Skellington Still Going Strong

yeah here

10. Raptor188

Raptor188 Non-stop Poster

Where do i go to make complaints about this militia story???

Seriously, there has to be a cap or something regarding the amount of times a player can use these troops. Ive cleared a player 5 days ago, he created militia. Next day i had to kill those troops again..........then he goes inactive, and a few days later, poof, in comes the militia again. All this and i dont have cats. How the hell must we farm then? These players that we kill are going to keep irritating us with this stupid tactic. And we will keep attacking them with large armies to soften the blow.....wasting more farming time. I have multiple farms, and these guys are adopting this strategy. Even when we reduce the farm to level 1, they will still be producing 20 militia(like it matters to them). This will happen every 12 hours. Not to mention, they wont be easy farms either, as the amount of resources the village generates will be reduced too, which means attackers wont get decent hauls. Add a lv10 hiding place, and then we get no hauls at all!!!???!!!! These guys wont restart, instead they will continue to irritate us. Please i am begging tw to make a cap on how many times a player can actually call for militia. I mean if you kill the farmers, how is it possible that after 6h, the village is inhabited again? As if nomads somehow found the village, and decided to live there.

Either put a cap on this, or increase the time limit after militia is summoned until you can resummon them. Its ridiculous!!!!

11. Seagryfn

Seagryfn Contributing Poster

These limits are already in place:
    1) Once militia are summoned, they cannot be called up again for 6 hours.
    2) Once an account has 3 or more villages, militia may not be summoned at all.

If he won't let you farm him, then, simply leave him alone long enough to grow a village for you to noble. :icon_twisted:

12. Bastille

Bastille Well-Known Member

Militia is horrible idea.. it allows weak players - with no skill an opportunity to be slightly successful... but never fully succesful...

So your just allowing weak players to stay weak and not learn proper tw strategies... well done TW...

well done.

13. Irishmetal

Irishmetal Contributing Poster

No, it separates the good from the great, and allows players who haven't had as much practice a chance to survive.

No longer can people clear willy nilly - victimising new players - you actually have to play smart, choosing targets carefully.

Also, it's a huge benenfit to experienced players too - full offense players now have a base defense, and will have more than the players who aren't as good, up to a point.

14. Fraseryeah

Fraseryeah Still Going Strong

Mabey for once n00bs will up there farm lvls

15. KillerKommando

KillerKommando Contributing Poster

I personally like the militia. It adds another 'random' factor and spices up gameplay. At any time, I could lose 40 LC farming, and that's early in the game when losing 40 LC puts you back hours of farming and building. It adds risk, and no game is fun without risk.

For instance, I just scouted someone on W55, their resources were redlined (1.156 1.156 1.156), so I sent 44 LC. 30 minutes later, all died due to 100 militia. :icon_evil:

Sure, it sucks for some reasons, but I find it really beneficial, and not a hindrance. For instance, since I'm full O except for my 55 spears that haven't died, I can call militia when I need some defense. And since it can be called every 6 hours, I have a replenishing supply of spear-strength units.

But, again, it's ONLY useful for beginning stage. After a couple weeks, you should be able to clear 300 spears without much losses, and assuming you're farming, just farm the resources back from other villages. Problem solved. :icon_wink:

16. The Scientist.

The Scientist. Contributing Poster

I agree with KK 100%

I had some noob attack me while i was nobling him (not really beginning stages) and i killed off what he had with militia and a little bit of support i got from a quiting friend.

Clicky for report

Which gave me a bit ODD with out even losing a single troop of mine.

Now i also used the militia easy game when someone tried to clear me i used it to kill some of its offense (which was only like 90 spears and 50 axes) then i back timed the rest and in the end i lost alot less troops then i normally would have if i just simply back timed him.

17. Guesclin

Guesclin Member

I didn't read anything about Militia in W56. The rules are a bit different there:
    As soon as you own more than 1 villages, you can no longer set up any militias
    Your militia will remain stationed for 6 hours
    You will receive 10 militias for each farm level (up to a maximum level of 15)
    The production of all resources will be reduced by 50% each during the time of the stationing

Because this is a no farming world, you could seriously hurt someone by sending small attacks (one spear). If the other player uses his militia, he will lose many resources, while you'd only lose one spear. If he doesn't use his militia, he's more vulnerable for real attacks.

So militia are very interesting in this world, at least that's my opinion (I'm not an experienced player, so if anyone wants to add something...)

18. Nordlinder

Nordlinder Active Member

I honestly like it, more ODA for me....

19. Rattlesnake8

Rattlesnake8 Still Going Strong

Isn't the militia meant to hang around for 6 hours and then after that they can't be called in for another 6 hours? Meaning a 12 hour wait?

Cause a guy ive been clearing has called militia in 4 times within the last 12 hours. :icon_eek:

20. Marcus the Mad

Marcus the Mad Contributing Poster

Does the guy have multiple villages or so? and no, they hang around for 6 hours and can then be recalled immediately if I'm correct