Mobile + Desktop Dark Mode

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Voodoo.

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I was wondering how hard it would be to implement a Dark Mode for the game? Especially on mobile, doing a cheeky farm run or checking village growth especially at night the game background is so bright it even with my phone's brightness turned right down.

I do remember back way in the day they're used to be ways to change the background, can't recall if it was just a script someone made though.

Would love for it to be all around, but the app especially is so bright.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
This has kind of been suggested before and rejected, I will however allow a vote.

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
@Voodoo.

In the past at least up until v6.5 of the game on the Settings page the user had the possibility to use his own styling in-game.

There was a field there where the player entered the URL to a stylesheet file which would be added in the game and style differently the game, allowing this way the players to have for example a winter theme or a dark theme or whatever else.

While I don't think that's coming back, I agree with having a dark theme.

Voodoo.

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
@Voodoo.

In the past at least up until v6.5 of the game on the Settings page the user had the possibility to use his own styling in-game.

There was a field there where the player entered the URL to a stylesheet file which would be added in the game and style differently the game, allowing this way the players to have for example a winter theme or a dark theme or whatever else.

While I don't think that's coming back, I agree with having a dark theme.

Yeah I was searching for that at first when I sugested this as remembered it from playing in the past but couldn't find the option so ended up here. Interesting it was rejected before, but thanks for allowing :)

Deleted User - 848983838

Not 100% the same thing, but being able to control when the map is in "dark" mode would be nice. Can be really jarring when I open the map at 2am and its back to light mode.

Deleted User - 848983838

probably easier for jawjaw to cater to my sleeping patterns

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
i like not having darkmode, makes you realize sleep is not so important as some spastic experts make it appear to be

Dark mode, if it would be implemented, I guess it would be a player choice to enable or not.

So, if you don't like dark mode, then sure, no problem with that, don't enable dark mode on your settings. There is no need to not have such a thing because you don't like to sleep :p