Mobile Improvements

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Hi, everyone,

since one of our biggest projects, the new Android version of Tribal Wars Mobile, has been tackled and is now available for everyone, we want to hear your opinion. Since both, the Android and iOS versions are now on equal footing, we can more easily create and develop for both of them, and we're always looking for ways to improve it. You could of course help us by answering the following questions:

1. What are things you can do on mobile, but seem easier or better to do on browser right now?
2. What are things you can do on browser but can't do on mobile?
3. What small pieces of info are missing on mobile? What are the most annoying aspects of playing on mobile, even when using it as a companion app?
4. What are some unique features you would like to see on mobile that are not available on browser either?

Thank you,
Your Tribal Wars Team

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
1. The overviews: Currently the in-app COMBINED and PRODUCTION overviews are simply not overviews, they are a list of drop-down menus where you can see individual villages. There is no real use to it, since you can't properly 'overview' what you have without doing a LOT of clicking and scrolling.

2.1 script bar isn't available on the map screen on mobile, making any scripting for the map screen impossible
2.2 on the buildings overview, we can't click upgrade our buildings the way we can on the browser version

I'm sure there are a couple more, but these are ones that bugged me in the past

AceZSpades

Skilled Soldier 2019 & Master Commander 2020
Reaction score
2. The ability to see the expiration time and date of the non permanent inventory items

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
Also, I think most of the players, at least those players who are not occasional player but have spent time and dedication ... they still find the app limiting in what it can do.

It's still a companion app and can not still replace the browser based version of the game. Dont know if anything can be done to truly fix this though.

I think no matter what you do on the app, you simply cant manage there an account that has even 100 villages (lets not speak about even bigger accounts).

Overview screens, can not truly be called overview (which should be the main view on a serious account). They open with all data hidden and the player needs to expand everything to be able to really see whats going on (kind of).

To add to what Shinko has said regarding scripts not being available on some areas of the mobile app. Android app (the new one, which is way better than the old version) when you go to the Reports screen ... there is no quickbar there.

So you cant run scripts on Reports either.

Red.

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
2. What are things you can do on browser but can't do on mobile?

Issues:

• I can't use the overviews they are complete useless pieces of garbage. Thank you for reading my feedback. They aren't even an interactive UI, which means playing in portrait and landscape modes are the same. Huge overlook.

100% need to get rid of the flaps in the overview. It literally is not an overview if I have to click "show more" on every single village to actually view what on earth is going on.

And worst of all there is so much more horizontal space when the game is rotated into landscape mode, yet all the overview rows are STILL collapsed in this mode.

When this huge elephant of a drawback is gone, maybe I'll be able to remember more of the issues.

• Map overview functionality stinks, it's unproductive because there's no way to get an overview of the villages from the map screen. Possibly have a village overview mode where a portion of the screen is allocated for village overviews when you tap or position your location over a village. (Useful stuff like troops at home and such like we have on browser)

• Can't return to what I was doing after opening a menu. Many a times I find when I open the menu on the bottom left, I can't go back to where I was because tapping the menu again does not close it. In browsers there's a fully functional back button.

• Can't see the troop contents in shared commands

• Can't see watch tower radii in the map

• Can't see church radii in the map

• When requesting resources in the market, the message about requesting more that can fit in the warehouse does not exist.

• Can't transfer premium points

• Can't manage flags or see which flag is in each village from 'Research Overview'

• Can't configure whether to show or hide completed buildings in the Head Quarters

Tribal Wars is a very 'productive' game. It's based on getting a lot done in little time. The app feels like a toy designed to do some small things one at a time and is just there to look pretty. Two very differing goals in browser vs app it seems.

Edit: Will continue updating this as I find more.

Last edited:

Shinko to Kuma

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
• I can't use the overviews they are complete useless pieces of garbage. Thank you for reading my feedback. They aren't even an interactive UI, which means playing in portrait and landscape modes are the same. Huge overlook.

100% need to get rid of the flaps in the overview. It literally is not an overview if I have to click "show more" on every single village to actually view what on earth is going on.

And worst of all there is so much more horizontal space when the game is rotated into landscape mode, yet all the overview rows are STILL collapsed in this mode.

When this huge elephant of a drawback is gone, maybe I'll be able to remember more of the issues.

• Here's another one, there's no quick bar, or way to access it. (Some quick bars have links, the game should be able to convert links into usable ones on mobile.)

• Can't for the love of myself find the way to decommission nobles on mobile.

• Map overview functionality stinks, it's unproductive because there's no way to get an overview of the villages from the map screen. Possibly have a village overview mode where a portion of the screen is allocated for village overviews when you tap or position your location over a village. (Useful stuff like troops at home and such like we have on browser)

• Can't return to what I was doing after opening a menu. Many a times I find when I open the menu on the bottom left, I can't go back to where I was because tapping the menu again does not close it. In browsers there's a fully functional back button.

TribalWars is a very 'productive' game. It's based on getting a lot done in little time. The app feels like a toy designed to do some small things one at a time and is just there to look pretty. Two very differing goals in browser vs app it seems.

The quickbar can be enabled in the settings, it's literally the first setting in game options -> set to shown
As for decommissioning nobles, just go to the recruit icon, then swap to mass decommissioning.

Deleted User - 11593187

Could we get a drop down menu of the villages where the selected village name is currently displayed?
Instead of having to go through Menu -> (slide left) -> Village select.

Mobile vs. browser: You can't see the warehouse amount of another village when selecting it on the map on mobile as you can when hovering over a village on the map in browser. Shuffeling resources with many villages takes so much longer to do on mobile.

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Could we get a drop down menu of the villages where the selected village name is currently displayed?
Instead of having to go through Menu -> (slide left) -> Village select.

Mobile vs. browser: You can't see the warehouse amount of another village when selecting it on the map on mobile as you can when hovering over a village on the map in browser. Shuffeling resources with many villages takes so much longer to do on mobile.

Actually, I discovered some odd feature that only works 60% of the time... if you double tap near the top of the app in between your village name and the resources, it opens a drop down of all your villages with your village name selected.

Quite an odd hidden feature. I believe I discovered it by accident once when I got angry at the usability of the app and started tapping the village name wishing it did something. Turns out it does do something.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Actually, I discovered some odd feature that only works 60% of the time... if you double tap near the top of the app in between your village name and the resources, it opens a drop down of all your villages with your village name selected.

Quite an odd hidden feature. I believe I discovered it by accident once when I got angry at the usability of the app and started tapping the village name wishing it did something. Turns out it does do something.
It works 100% of the time that you actually hit it, but the touch target is very small and finicky.

bluefirestorm

Reaction score
There is no way on the android mobile app to reorder the building queue on the headquarters without cancelling all and reordering.

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
There is no way on the android mobile app to reorder the building queue on the headquarters without cancelling all and reordering.

In the top right of the app in the headquarters you will see Up Down arrows. Click those then long press on the three stripes that show up next to building queues to drags them in the order you like.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Last edited:

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
On mobile app when a player goes on headquarter to upgrade buildings he can see a list of his current upgrade commands and right below that a full list of the buildings.

Buildings that can be upgraded and buildings that can not be upgraded or even buildings that have finished upgrade, so they are fully upgraded.

On desktop there are settings that hide these kind of buildings.

IMO these settings should be valuable also for mobile, especially for mobile.

On mobile we fight against time, we try to do the more things on the minimum amount of time but we cant do that when we have to scroll a lot or when we have to wait for all those un-needed images to finish loading or for the view to render.

The more elements we add in a mobile screen the heavier it gets ... so it goes against the principle of keeping things as clean as possible on mobile.

Now there are players who like to have those buildings still shown on the Headerquarters. So just implement on mobile what is currently implemented on desktop so whoever still wants to have those buildings shown can view them, whoever doesnt like to have them shown can hide those.

Probably this should have gone into the suggestions forum I dont know.

Red.

Deleted User - 11593187

Wow thanks! That changes things up a bit.

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
Another suggestion for mobile would be to improve the way how we can currently change order of upgraded buildings. On each row of buildin that is waiting in queue, add 2 buttons or even just arrows. One arrow-up and one arrow-down.

Clicking arrow-up will put the current building on a higher queue prio. Clicking arrow-down will decrease its prio.

This again could go on the suggestions forum.

Red.