Question Mobile Scripts

DeletedUser119764

Hey guys,

So I make scripts for my tribe (may post them here one day) but recently a few of them have sent back requests for mobile support (specifically Android).
I don't really play on mobile at all so I have very little knowledge of how things work on that platform.

To the other scripters out there,
Am I missing something simple like the mobile app not supporting cookie storage or being an older version of Javascript?
I have already come to the realisation that pop-ups cannot be done on mobile.

The TW staff mentioned that I should come ask here as they do not support third-party scripts.
Please and thank you,
Graphight

Ibra Gonza II

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Hey,

I never really had an issue with that.
Note that Javascript is either supported or is not by the browser users are using. There is no specific way to develop for mobile devices when it concerns javascript (as far as I know). It's a language, it works or it doesn't. Just like French, French works in France, doesn't in the US. You can't make French different to make it work in the US :D

If they are using a mobile device and are using the browser version (which is better than the Android App anyway) any script in their quickbar should work if the browser they use supports it. It may be necessary that they enable it in their settings however (Settings (of the browser) > Menu > More > Enable Javascript for the default browser on android devices).

It should work (my scripts do at least and I have no specific way of developing :D )

Good luck!

DeletedUser120081

Don't really know too much about scripting myself but I'm sure you can do a lot with it

I just use the browser for scripts and I'm able to use for example Troop counter (pop up) opens a new tab on google chrome (android)

Small suggestion for what most are looking for is a way to use farming scripts maybe a button you have to hold down ( the same action as holding a key down so should be good)

DeletedUser119764

Thanks for the replies guys!

I am well aware that the scripts work in browsers :) that is primarily where I use them.

Ibra Gonza II said:
Note that Javascript is either supported or is not by the browser users are using. There is no specific way to develop for mobile devices when it concerns javascript (as far as I know). It's a language, it works or it doesn't. Just like French, French works in France, doesn't in the US. You can't make French different to make it work in the US :D
Sorry my question was unclear, I was meaning specifically with respect to the application. Everything is great if people use the browser but not everyone enjoys that.
My question should have been "does Android utilise 'ECMAScript 6' or are they still on 'ECMAScript 5'? (different versions of Javascript, ECMA 7 is evil regardless)"
This does not take into account the browser, but thank you for the advice anyways!

I did find out why my script was not working on mobile though.
The application did not like the way I was using injectors which turned out to be an easy change.

Ibra, I would love to see some of the scripts you have made and maybe even collab one day.
I don't come across many people on tribal wars that are fluent in multiple coding languages, it could be quite helpful.

Ibra Gonza II

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
According to this compatibility table:
http://kangax.github.io/compat-table/es5/

iOS uses ES 5 and android doesn't at all. ES6 is used on neither of them.
However, since you can develop Android applications in React-Native, which is ES 6, I would assume Android, at least newer versions, are able to deal with that, if the application you want to run it from supports it. (and TW Team told you they didn't, in your first message)

Other than that I 'm unable to find any additional info on the subject so I'm afraid it won't work. :(