[Moby Dick II] Hunting The Kraken

DeletedUser92

Hello, all you lovely ladies and grand gentlemen of W30! Tis I, the going-to-war guru of THE, here with another declaration of our intent, and someone else's nightmares!

As I'm sure you all know, and with props to AK_Iceman on the title, Captain Ahab hunted this gigantic white whale because it, well, I can't really remember. I think it took one of his legs. Since its pretty much his own damn fault for hunting whales in the first place - they're big! - and since I never actually read the book since I frankly never cared enough to, Ahab is a pretty bad example of an obsessive lunatic. Then again, I do remember when those Bible Code debunkers ran the same software on Moby Dick that these other dudes use to predict the future from words in the Bible, and came up with "prophecies" in Melville's work. I wonder if 'ol Hermy himself knew?

Anyway, well, by now you don't need a prophecy to tell you what the deal is. See, on W30 there's this great big monster that's swallowed up K23 in its slovenly ways. This big, multi-faceted, multi-tribal beast calls itself Kraken, and consists of the former P-Squiggle (as I like to call it) tribe, as well as KRoach. So, now they're Kraken, a giant sea monster that threatens, well...Everybody around it? I mean, really, you can come up with any justification. Its a big, ugly beast! Haven't you seen Pirates of the Caribbean? The thing is huge!

Well, who better to slay a mythical monster than Imperial soldiers, ready to storm the borders of K23 from all directions and put an end to this ghastly threat at once? Who else could muster up the strength to defeat the Kraken? Ahh, but you're in luck, my friend! Today, you get to bear witness to the real meaning of the phrase "don't take us lightly."

Its come to our attention that some tribes in K24 and K23 have decided, in their infinite lack of wisdom, to band together in order to offer us some meager form of resistance. Normally, we don't care about these tribes. Normally, they're just a side-show. They exist, but we don't target them or count them in war stats. But, since we're feeling generous enough to acknowledge those who only wish they had our "the hell with it" attitude, and yet aren't quite merciful enough to allow any of the rank-500 tribes that ask us about an alliance to join with us, nor of course allow those 1000 point players that daily ask for invitations to join us, well...

...Yeah. That was a hard sentence to follow, wasn't it? I think it makes grammatical sense, but only technically and not due to ease-of-readability. Point is, we're also going to declare war on each and every one of you, Tiny Tims, that tried to pull a fast one on us! Ain't that just a grand old day? Anyone whose everyone in K24 is at war with THE! Although, to us its more like "your villages taste good to our pallets. Lets hit the salad bar! Another order, please?" So, without further ado, here is that list!

Kraken, Krak-P, KRAK-R, FRX, FRA, R.I.B, KOHTAO, ZE, +=CC=+

Finally, I'm gonna end it here with my sincere, serious hope for the best between us and our esteemed enemies in this war. May it be a blast for us all! And now, a word from our AK_Iceman. And, I guess, any of our barons that feel like messing with the draft!

AK_iceman said:
Hello W30 community!

Just a quick note. We don't "like" declaring war on small tribes. I consider any tribe outside the top 20 as small. That isn't to say they're insignificant, it just usually means that it won't be a fair fight and isn't really worth having the rest of W30 watch as we massacre them.

However, I received similar versions of this mail from not 1, not even 2, but 3 different tribes. 3 tribes forwarded this mail to me, and I couldn't help but laugh that an "alliance" would attempt to recruit tribes that they had no relations with into fighting us.

Anyway, here's the mail for your enjoyment.

oogalabooga on 13.04. at 21:25
Good Evening,

I am contacting you to inquire of your status regarding the tribe THE. My Tribe FRX, along with our academy, FRA and several other smaller K24 tribes, (R.I.B, KOHTAO, ZE, and +=CC=+) are trying to determine a plan to remove THE from K24. We have a few plans to take out certain areas of K24, but we also notice the size of THE. Looking at a map of the area, I notice that THE is bordering you as well as surrounded by {TBD}, Hammer, and Kraken. We have had discussions with all three and we are hoping that in combined efforts between the smaller contingencies like ourselves, and the combined strength of two adjacent tribes, THE would be vulnerable. Hammer has agreed to join if another tribe would help and {TBD} will with the help of 2 others. Kraken has said they are willing, but they are currently occupied and expect to be for another 3 weeks.

So once again, I inquire as to you relationship with THE, and I also request that you overview the Idea with your council. Other War plans and coordination can be worked out following following a reply.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you.

Oogalabooga
Baron/Diplomat
FRX

So, this is the reason why we're declaring on 9 tribes instead of only 3. :)

Thank you, and have a good day W30!

P.S. Props to oogalabooga. He apparently started this alliance shortly after being rimmed by THE. I like your spirit! :)

AK_iceman
Duke of THE

Petra said:
Oogalabooga, why does that sound familiar? Hmm, let's see...

Oh, yeah, that guy I cleaned off the map a while ago (ya know, I miss being able to say they were rimmed, not sure I'm a big fan of the restarting in the tribe center thing, oh well, back on topic). I didn't keep any of our mails, but let's look at what happened, 5 villages lost in 48 hours, kind of incredible I know, but really, you see, I stopped to take a couple of interesting barb villages, sorry it took so long. I remember asking him if he was going to keep playing and the response was that if he didn't the tribe would fall apart. Oh, and how about all the support that was rolling in from his tribe when I took his villages? Oops, wait a minute, there wasn't any, never mind. This is the tribe and the diplomat that is going to lead everyone against THE? Well, ok, here we go.

Petra

P.S. I know I said I was finished. I was! But, when I woke up this morning and saw that Kraken had declared war on CBTF, an action that will most certainly be on the front page of "Best comedic Timing" magazine, my head began to spin!

You see, THE doesn't simply up-and-declare-war. It picks its targets based on the self interest of one tribe - THE. If we are called in to assist an ally - a call we have not yet gotten, as our usual ally-assists are of our own accord - we do so because that ally either already has given us a hand or, in the future, will be expected to return the favor. That is what allies do. They assist one another. For that reason, its merely Occam's Razor to say that Kraken declared on CBTF because CBTF is fighting Erevos and not gong down, thus necessitating an ally's aid; and, naturally, that THE is declaring against Kraken because we're allied with CBTF.

In fact, the only diplomacy I've ever had with them - surprise surprise - is a letter I just found in my mailbox, a polite and intriguing letter that came virtually the instant that Operation Jack Sparrow began.

What's that?

Oh, right, that's the code name for the operation we spent a good long while planning. Its our first-strike attack. See, we had no relations with Kraken, and for reasons of geography - I.E. we don't wanna be boxed into the core - we decided they'd make a great opponent. They're #12 in the world, or so! So why not?

So, here's the declaration. In reference to the other thread, CBTF had nothing to do with this. Period. This was a decision made long before CBTF even entered the picture for us. Doesn't mean that they're not in it, now, but we have no interest in reciprocating with their diplomacy by, say, declaring war on EreVos at this time. We still have no official treaties with them, nor declarations of war. As far as we are concerned, especially given our locations at the moment, its THE vs Kraken. If CBTF enters our strategic thinking, then good for them!

Otherwise, good luck to all, on both sides of the war! Lets have some fun!

--Jess
--Emperor, THE

P.S.S. Also in reference to the other thread; Male. *Looks between his legs* Yep. Male.

DeletedUser

God that's long now. I wonder if anyone will read it? Kraken's declaration had more pictures than words...

DeletedUser

Wow, we just can't seem to do anything small, can we? Guess that means this will be a big war as well. :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser92

I believe the answer to Petra's question can be found in my P.S.S. ;)

Gicusan

I am sure THE will handle this very well. I wish you good noble hits then.

DeletedUser

Nice declaration. A little long ... but nice.

Here's looking forward to the war.

lord rok

hmph, i liked our short declaration....this one is like a book...

anyway, good luck Kraken
(i am member of Kraken, that should explain why i wish it good luck) :lol:

lord rok

Seeing as he's an author, it makes sense that it's like a book. :icon_wink:

i tried to point out that our declaration was good as well...
specially the first picture, i picked it :icon_cool:

Deleted User - 2282801

Pretty sure you wont need luck but the morale is gonna be a bitch :lol:

Enjoy your dinner ...... would you get Kalamari from The Kraken?? :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Be careful you don't get food poisoning :)

Of course, in Kraken, the seafood eats YOU

DeletedUser

Quite long declaration (did not read it all, just some parts) but quite a good one.

spleen mage

Enjoy your dinner ...... would you get Kalamari from The Kraken??

Trust me, any old-school THE member has already had more then their share of Calamari.

This thread lacks Spleen Mage. But good luck THE. Jp, one of your best pieces yet, me thinks.

DeletedUser

Kwl like it :icon_biggrin: im sure ill do some fron line's maps ill do one on fridays and one in tuesdays and ill make an animation maby to see how it gose for the start ;)

DeletedUser

JP another splendid peace of art :) i wish KRAKEN the best of luck as you will most surely need it :) lets keep this thread clean btw :D

DeletedUser

theone.jpg

Next one on Friday ;)
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u287/Syruss_2007/THEWAR/theone.jpg

DeletedUser

awesome work, good luck, think I will be going out to supper as I am now hungry for calamari :p
wonder if kraken comes deep fried too/?
good luck, good fighting!

orange crush

Well, there are no manatees with frickin laser beams, but witty none-the-less...

While the kraken is an impressive creature, I have yet to read a story or see a movie in which the kraken does not die. Will this be the kraken's shining moment? Or will this kraken end up as just another stinky beach carcass?