Moderation Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Lately, a few of you players have been pretty liberal in your use of inappropriate language, especially in the war and numpty threads. May I remind you that inappropriate language is not allowed. What is exactly inappropriate? Keep in mind that legally 13+ year olds can be on these forums without parent supervision.

I don't mean you have to keep it squeaky clean, there are some things that the vast majority of the moderation team will let slide.

I just want to take this time to remind you that censoring your words do not necessarily equate to safety. If one can tell what inappropriate language you are aiming for with your censorship, then it will be deemed that you just said that word. So things with asterisks on the vowels, yeah, that won't stop you from getting an infraction if you use it with the F-bomb.

Also I just want to remind you that insulting other players is also against the rules. There is such thing as good flaming and bad flaming. When insults turn from the game to one's personality (whether it be personal information, false accusations of RL-events, etc.), then it will be punished for, severely.

Most mods are not OK with the numpty thread, however I am. I believe it helps keep the pressure on posters to post accurate and helpful posts. I don't mind people voting for a numpty and stating why. However, I highly suggest that every week, the person who was last week gets numpty immunity - simply to pass the love around so the numpty thread is more of a fun thread rather than a thread laden with insults. Everyone in this forum at one point in time has been a numpty, myself included.

Anyway - this is basically a warning for those who are using inappropriate language and insulting other people. I don't have jurisdiction to stop and elder mod from coming in here and cleaning up what they think is inappropriate, therefore, for the sake of yourself, keep it clean and fun.

This has been another message brought to you by RamPag3

DeletedUser

Btw, I just want to say thanks to everyone who gave me +rep for using "squeak" :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Dear W5,

I am resigning as moderator. If you want to know why, PM me.

Adios,

RamPag3

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Any problems with W5 moderation can be discussed with an Elder Moderator. Refrain from making topics about moderation and posting posts in already existing topics about moderation since those will only get you infractions rather then a change.

Gr.
Timo

DeletedUser

Hey, just to let you guys know that I'll be moderating the W5 forum from now. A few of you might know me from W16, and therefore you'll know I'm pretty relaxed as long as things don't go totally overboard. So yea feel free to PM me if you have any questions or such :)

TP

Status
Not open for further replies.