Most important bonus village types?

Aegis Legion

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'd like to know what is everyone's bonus villa ranking from most to least important early, mid and late game.
If you could do a rankings list for every period that'd be awesome.

Thanks for your time and thoughts,
Aegis Legion

Solution
As you say this question differs from what server you play (different settings on servers), the position you have and your playstyle.
Bonus villages boosting your resources is overall good choices in the start of the world. These are even stronger in worlds where there is no pp involved due to how the bonus apply. The ress bonus of 30% of every ress or 100% of every ress adds on the current bonus you have. So if you have a flag of 18%, 20% from premium and 15% from paladin (total of 53%+) then the 30% extra bonus lays on top of that to a total of 83% extra ress bonus.

If a world has booster resources (125 for example) then the BASE resource production is different. So w125 for example has a BASE 80% extra bonus. Then ress villages are...

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Why though? Everyone in my immediate area has nobled every bonus villa except the workshop ones.
That's a joke; he's not serious. Workshop is almost universally considered the least useful bonus village. It's useful for if you're engaged in a war involving lots of catapults (rare) or if you really like wallbuster nukes (also rare, though not as bad a strategy as most seem to think it is).

The most useful bonus village is a strategically located warehouse bonus village. This is because you will want to send resources to a central village for minting coins with the coin flag and flag booster item (if you can) and having a bigger warehouse reduces the difficulty of doing so, as the warehouse will be much harder to overflow. However, if the village isn't strategically located for minting, this is a pretty useless bonus village too. It's feast or famine.

The next most useful bonus village is a farm bonus village. More population = bigger nukes. You can replicate this with the Growing Crops item, sure... but you could also use the Growing Crops item on one of these and make a super nuke. If you can stand the build time, that is...

The rest are all fairly closely interrelated, and similar in effectiveness. But some general rules:
- The barracks is better than the stable because infantry are better at defending than cavalry, so being able to build a defensive village that is entirely swords and spears, and have it quickly, is a useful bonus.
- The general bonus to resource production is better than any of the specific bonuses to a certain resource, except for perhaps clay, which is a pretty essential resource for minting, so having more clay production makes a difference.
- Iron bonus villages can also be helpful for building offensive nukes with heavy cavalry, though that is a very rare strategy these days.
- Wood bonus villages have very little use.

These are mostly mid-late game rules (to the extent that the mid-game even still exists anymore). I don't think you should noble bonus villages expecting an immediate benefit though, so these rules still apply pretty accurately to most bonus village nobling decisions.

Upvote 1

Eakshow McGee

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
In Early Game all the bonus resource villages are the most important since that will increase your income allowing you to grow faster. (doesnt really matter which one). Barracks villages can be kinda high value here to get a faster recruiting defensive village.

In Mid/Late Game WH/Farm bonuses becomes more valueable because of the reason mentioned above.

Stable & Workshop are both pretty useless. In pretty much any (common) build, Barracks is the the one taking the longest, not Workshop or Stable.

Upvote 1

IAmAbel

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
As you say this question differs from what server you play (different settings on servers), the position you have and your playstyle.
Bonus villages boosting your resources is overall good choices in the start of the world. These are even stronger in worlds where there is no pp involved due to how the bonus apply. The ress bonus of 30% of every ress or 100% of every ress adds on the current bonus you have. So if you have a flag of 18%, 20% from premium and 15% from paladin (total of 53%+) then the 30% extra bonus lays on top of that to a total of 83% extra ress bonus.

If a world has booster resources (125 for example) then the BASE resource production is different. So w125 for example has a BASE 80% extra bonus. Then ress villages are extra strong since this 30% multiply on that 80%.

In general you want to start by having the 100% bonus from wood since wood is always a low supply in the start of worlds and you can trade it for everything else. If you can balance with PP then any of those 100% bonus is your best choice, it does take a bit of work to balance though but you can set up systems of villages auto sending ress to each others if you don't sit around like me doing it manually.
After that comes the 30% ress bonus to all resources. It is 10% less extra bonus ress in total but you don't need to balance it out, and most players are lazy so they will value this one over a 100%, wrongly so according to me. In startup I would say that wood 100% is the most valuable followed by Iron, clay and then the 30% bonus. Having a few of these is a nice addition to your startup since you can be more noble effective this way. Minting an 11th noble with 10 villages will always cost the same but it will be done so quicker if you have the production value of say 12 villages since you have a few of these. These will however lose value totally in end game.

The bonus production on barack and stable are a nice addition in early as well, especially if you figure you will run into problem. The stable is nice if you are heavy depending on farming eco (a tactic getting less and less meta nowadays though). The baracks is nice to have as a defensive village in startup but later on should be changed into off village. Here position will tell if they are valuable or not later on. I love having a nice barack booster in the frontline and add some permanent boosters to it. However, recruitment bonus works just as the ress boosters do and bonuses adds on top of other bonuses. Having a 33% barack booster with 10% permanent booster added to it and 15% pally for example will give you 58% extra bonus speed to recruitment. Bare in mind, this is not 58% less speed like if an axe would take 100 second to recruit then it does not recruit in 42 seconds, the bonus makes it faster. So the more recruitment bonuses you add on top of each other the less effective each become. I would say that the barack is way stronger than the stable due to most builds have infantry units taking up the most time to build, stable is nice if you use a lot of scouts (which you shouldn't) but other than that they quickly lose value. Workshop is utter useless nowadays. On 1.0 speed before the time of pp these had a value so you could get a lot of catapults out to cat barbs from the enemy and taking off some of their farm power, but this is rarely the case anymore due to most players will noble the barbs and not farm them for a long time.

After this, in start early come the 50% warehouse and market booster. If you are on a border and are good at playing with the market price in the premium exchange then these are some of the most valuable, but you require to be in a very special position on the map for that. They are a nice addition to your account because they can work as a hub to boost up smaller villages due to their capacity to take ress from other boost villages and send around with market not needing to be as high. If you get into a new position on the map then this bonus is a great village to start with due to you can fill it up or create automatic sendings to this and then manually send ress from this to smaller villages in the area. In startup I often get some of the 100% extra ress villages and send the bonus ress each hour in automatic sendings to this village and then use this one to boost the smaller villages up faster. This bonus have a nice value even lategame due to the fact that most people use it to Mint. The bonus from permanent item does not multiply here either, 50% extra from bonus village from 400k warehouse will give you 600k. Then 25% extra from item will give you 100k extra adding up to 700k warehouse. This gives you an easier time sending all resources to this village to mint. I value this under the resource barbs and under the bonus baracks but above the stable bonus.

Last but not least comes my favorite of them all. Farm bonus. This is the only bonus that actually multiply, having 10% from bonus village, 10% from item and 10% from flag gives you 1,1*1,1*1,1 in bonus farm. This will create almost 32k population in your village. To have a 32k pop offensive village will give you a lot of firepower. This, together with a paladin and nice attack boosters can take down the wall of almost everything. In mid game this is the most op bonus you can find, and it is still very nice in lategame as well. However in early it is not that nice since it takes a long time to create and you often don't have a lot of the permanent pop bonuses until a few weeks in, and the extra resources it cost to produce extra troops makes it better for you to use attack flag instead of population flag. It is nice to secure a lot of these for later on but they won't give you much for the start.
This is just a quick sumary on bonus villages, hopefully you got a little bit more insight,
Good luck out there.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Solution

Aegis Legion

Reaction score

If a world has booster resources (125 for example) then the BASE resource production is different. So w125 for example has a BASE 80% extra bonus. Then ress villages are extra strong since this 30% multiply on that 80%.

In general you want to start by having the 100% bonus from wood since wood is always a low supply in the start of worlds and you can trade it for everything else. If you can balance with PP then any of those 100% bonus is your best choice, it does take a bit of work to balance though but you can set up systems of villages auto sending ress to each others if you don't sit around like me doing it manually.
After that comes the 30% ress bonus to all resources. It is 10% less extra bonus ress in total but you don't need to balance it out, and most players are lazy so they will value this one over a 100%, wrongly so according to me. In startup I would say that wood 100% is the most valuable followed by Iron, clay and then the 30% bonus. Having a few of these is a nice addition to your startup since you can be more noble effective this way. Minting an 11th noble with 10 villages will always cost the same but it will be done so quicker if you have the production value of say 12 villages since you have a few of these. These will however lose value totally in end game.

The bonus production on barack and stable are a nice addition in early as well, especially if you figure you will run into problem. The stable is nice if you are heavy depending on farming eco (a tactic getting less and less meta nowadays though). The baracks is nice to have as a defensive village in startup but later on should be changed into off village. Here position will tell if they are valuable or not later on. I love having a nice barack booster in the frontline and add some permanent boosters to it. However, recruitment bonus works just as the ress boosters do and bonuses adds on top of other bonuses. Having a 33% barack booster with 10% permanent booster added to it and 15% pally for example will give you 58% extra bonus speed to recruitment. Bare in mind, this is not 58% less speed like if an axe would take 100 second to recruit then it does not recruit in 42 seconds, the bonus makes it faster. So the more recruitment bonuses you add on top of each other the less effective each become. I would say that the barack is way stronger than the stable due to most builds have infantry units taking up the most time to build, stable is nice if you use a lot of scouts (which you shouldn't) but other than that they quickly lose value. Workshop is utter useless nowadays. On 1.0 speed before the time of pp these had a value so you could get a lot of catapults out to cat barbs from the enemy and taking off some of their farm power, but this is rarely the case anymore due to most players will noble the barbs and not farm them for a long time.

After this, in start early come the 50% warehouse and market booster. If you are on a border and are good at playing with the market price in the premium exchange then these are some of the most valuable, but you require to be in a very special position on the map for that. They are a nice addition to your account because they can work as a hub to boost up smaller villages due to their capacity to take ress from other boost villages and send around with market not needing to be as high. If you get into a new position on the map then this bonus is a great village to start with due to you can fill it up or create automatic sendings to this and then manually send ress from this to smaller villages in the area. In startup I often get some of the 100% extra ress villages and send the bonus ress each hour in automatic sendings to this village and then use this one to boost the smaller villages up faster. This bonus have a nice value even lategame due to the fact that most people use it to Mint. The bonus from permanent item does not multiply here either, 50% extra from bonus village from 400k warehouse will give you 600k. Then 25% extra from item will give you 100k extra adding up to 700k warehouse. This gives you an easier time sending all resources to this village to mint. I value this under the resource barbs and under the bonus baracks but above the stable bonus.

Last but not least comes my favorite of them all. Farm bonus. This is the only bonus that actually multiply, having 10% from bonus village, 10% from item and 10% from flag gives you 1,1*1,1*1,1 in bonus farm. This will create almost 32k population in your village. To have a 32k pop offensive village will give you a lot of firepower. This, together with a paladin and nice attack boosters can take down the wall of almost everything. In mid game this is the most op bonus you can find, and it is still very nice in lategame as well. However in early it is not that nice since it takes a long time to create and you often don't have a lot of the permanent pop bonuses until a few weeks in, and the extra resources it cost to produce extra troops makes it better for you to use attack flag instead of population flag. It is nice to secure a lot of these for later on but they won't give you much for the start.
This is just a quick sumary on bonus villages, hopefully you got a little bit more insight,
Good luck out there.
Wow thanks for the reply! So, from what I understand it really matters if I get a good starting location, with at least one of each 100% resource production (early-mid), pop (mid-late) and barracks (mid-late). I'm sure your comment will help more newer players than just me!

Upvote 0