Mr Hustle Was Right

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Cicada are backstabbers they recruited a Crunch member and are going to use him to backstab Crunch and reach an unsatisfactory victory. I thought they were a respectable tribe.

1609378571989.png

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The Disuniter account did indeed apply to join Cicada, and after some difficult discussions both among leadership, and among the tribe members, we decided to go forward with it and bring them in. The recruitment isn't so much aimed at this war (though, admittedly, we do expect it to help) but about bolstering our tribe for future wars. We don't particularly enjoy the fact that the Disuniter crew will have to fight with former tribemates because of this, but it can't really be helped. That is what ineffective leadership does to a tribe - eventually, players start looking for alternatives.

To be quite honest, I would argue that the stigma over such actions is exactly why poor leadership is not punished in this game (and thus why it is all too common these days). You can drive a tribe into the ground, but as long as you never click disband, no members can ever leave in the eyes of the community.

We deliberately brought them in at the start of the break so that everyone could have some time to reset their D and adapt to the new frontlines - more immediate offensive uses of the account were considered, but immediately rejected by both the players on the account and our leadership.

Blue monke6

Reaction score
Cicada are backstabbers cuz we took 1 cruncher we thought was a valuable player that crunch was gonna leave to die in K46.

Yeah okay. The only backstabber is crunch leadership for not caring or doing anything to help their guys in K46 and choosing to internal their tribe instead of playing lol

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Cicada are backstabbers cuz we took 1 cruncher we thought was a valuable player that crunch was gonna leave to die in K46.

Yeah okay. The only backstabber is crunch leadership for not caring or doing anything to help their guys in K46 and choosing to internal their tribe instead of playing lol

Salty much for being in the wrong this one time? P:

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
We're happy with the situation :)

We have recruited 1 account. The account made up just 4% of Munch's size, and not in an area that Cicada hadn't already broken into.

Whilst yes, it is helpful tactically, that was not a driving factor in our decision. And certainly, one recruited account who was not in the top 10 of Munch, who didn't launch on any internals from the moment they applied to Cicada, isn't going to win us the war. Hardly a 'major' game changer when Run and Munch have 30+ accounts still.

Cicada rarely recruits, indeed we have done so far less than either Munch or PMS. But when we see talented players who want to play in a more team-oriented tribe, we don't automatically turn them down.

We will continue to fight, as I'm sure Munch will too. I'm certain that The Disuniter will continue to prove their worth ingame. And I would hope that Cicada meets their expectations and helps bring enjoyment back to the game for them.

Our one recruit ingame since June. Our adversaries are welcome to spin this however they like, but they have lost a player who was until very recently committed to fighting for Munch.

So, my one question to those who want to criticise this single recruitment move:

What events internally in Munch led to a dedicated player applying to join Cicada?

As I said, we are happy with this situation. Nothing underhand has been done (no immediate launch of attacks, all external support sent home as they joined, no spying or other dodgy stuff). Just Cicada being lucky that a quality players requested to join us, and handling it in the cleanest possible way:)

Last edited:

Mr.Hustle

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Those are words to cover up a betrayal.

Betrayal-Traitors-Advantage-Greed

while this move, a power move if I call it, is a tactical gameplay to secure a beach head, this will now pave the way to control the area . There are ways counters to this strategy and I wish and pray that somebody in Crunch would know how to counter this.

This will now strain the defenses of Crunch, There are still some players in Crunch who sympathize with CICADA , Motivate and retaliate is the best way.

Happy new year CICADA may your family be safe and happy this NEW YEAR!!!

Zenato

Reaction score
Good to see the Cicada circle jerk back in action. Always rationalizing, patting each others back and finding excuses for their deeds. Noone outside of Cicada will see a world win from you guys as overcoming a challenge, and at this point I doubt you believe it yourselves, hence your rationalizations.

You hit a dead end with Jheez? You call for a gangbang.

Spanish having a hard time against PMS? Promise Death Orchestra a spot in Cicada by backstabbing PMS and jumping to SINTM.

Can't break Crunch even though they are supposedly inactive? Have 2 members stab them.

I could go into a rant of the aspects of recruiting members from enemies from a pre-made vice versa a non-premade perspective, it's highly different. Becomming a world contender is way easier as a pre-made than it is as a non-premade. I don't expect may of you in Cicada to understand that though.

Lastly Googly, a suggestion for your next number of The Cicadian News: Writing down the accounts on the Spanish side that has quit and been internalled since the start of the war. I can't keep count using my two hands anymore.

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Promise Death Orchestra a spot in Cicada by backstabbing PMS

Idk, I heard cicada wasnt OK with DO switching tribes and sending nobles at members when they were asleep. But either way I still view them as biting their tongue using excuses for recruiting The Disuniter.

Basically TL;DR :
They had real respect for Jheeez and how well they held, enough respect to not recruit from them. Crunch? Not worth their respect, so recruiting from them is OK.

=Bit Cloud=

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Good to see the Cicada circle jerk back in action. Always rationalizing, patting each others back and finding excuses for their deeds. Noone outside of Cicada will see a world win from you guys as overcoming a challenge, and at this point I doubt you believe it yourselves, hence your rationalizations.

You hit a dead end with Jheez? You call for a gangbang.

Spanish having a hard time against PMS? Promise Death Orchestra a spot in Cicada by backstabbing PMS and jumping to SINTM.

Can't break Crunch even though they are supposedly inactive? Have 2 members stab them.

I could go into a rant of the aspects of recruiting members from enemies from a pre-made vice versa a non-premade perspective, it's highly different. Becomming a world contender is way easier as a pre-made than it is as a non-premade. I don't expect may of you in Cicada to understand that though.

Lastly Googly, a suggestion for your next number of The Cicadian News: Writing down the accounts on the Spanish side that has quit and been internalled since the start of the war. I can't keep count using my two hands anymore.

Why you so mad?

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Whatever we do, whatever we say, players like you will have an issue with it and try to make us out to be some sort of horrible villain :)

Recruit? 'Cicada play dirty'
Don't recruit? 'Cicada are arrogant'

War? 'Cicada are greedy'
Don't war? 'Cicada are cowards'

Take a sit? 'Cicada are evil'
Don't take a sit? 'Cicada let that poor tribeless player that they never spoke to die - they are evil'

But, please keep the hate going. I don't think people in this forum yet have realized that focusing all attention, all negative comments, on Cicada is what is spurring us on. It actually got a few players who had pretty much quit to come back and start playing actively. We're more than happy for you to be directly helping Cicada - does that make you a traitor too? :D

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Mmm, yes, we're the ones rationalizing and making excuses... Resorting to completely fabricated claims in order to make your point is a reflection on you, not on us. We're not responsible for every bad thing that happens to you - at some point, you must take responsibility for your own failures.

Idk, I heard cicada wasnt OK with DO switching tribes and sending nobles at members when they were asleep.
You would be correct. There's a reason we didn't do this with Disuniter.

Basically TL;DR :
They had real respect for Jheeez and how well they held, enough respect to not recruit from them. Crunch? Not worth their respect, so recruiting from them is OK.
To the contrary - for reasons I can't fully get into the details of, the Jheez war was extremely contentious on a personal basis, so recruiting accounts or players was never on the cards. We actually have more respect for many Crunch players, not less.

Noone outside of Cicada will see a world win from you guys as overcoming a challenge, and at this point I doubt you believe it yourselves, hence your rationalizations.
I think there are quite a few challenges this group has overcome in the process so far, and I'm extremely proud of how we've handled them. The fact that you have no clue they even existed is a testament to the strength and persistence of our team.

xXLordWardXx

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Ohhh boy, we got a live one here!

Q: Good to see the Cicada circle jerk back in action. Always rationalizing, patting each others back and finding excuses for their deeds. Noone outside of Cicada will see a world win from you guys as overcoming a challenge, and at this point I doubt you believe it yourselves, hence your rationalizations.
A: Every tribe encounters many challenges. It's the tribe that can face the challenge, get stronger and then move on will earn the world win.

Q: You hit a dead end with Jheez? You call for a gangbang.
A: Cicada fought Jheeze's 5 tribes for months. At the beggening Jheeze had ~120 accounts vs our 20. We fought their 5 tribes. Then their 4 tribes. Then their 3 Tribes. THHEEENNN others jumped in when blood was in the water.

Q: Spanish having a hard time against PMS? Promise Death Orchestra a spot in Cicada by backstabbing PMS and jumping to SINTM.
A: Just making stuff up here.

Q: Can't break Crunch even though they are supposedly inactive? Have 2 members stab them.

A: We are literally breaking Crunch as we speak... Last two OPs alone netted 250+ caps.

Q: I could go into a rant of the aspects of recruiting members from enemies from a pre-made vice versa a non-premade perspective, it's highly different. Becomming a world contender is way easier as a pre-made than it is as a non-premade. I don't expect may of you in Cicada to understand that though.
A: Possibly, it all depends on the players and leadership. Obvious Pro- Lots of vets players in one tribe. Possible Con- Lots of vet players in one tribe that each think they know best. The main pro is leadership. The leadership in Cicada is one of the main reasons many of us veterans came back. We each know and trust that our leaders will be fair with us and fair with other tribes. (And this tribe is a blast)

Q: Lastly Googly, a suggestion for your next number of The Cicadian News: Writing down the accounts on the Spanish side that has quit and been internalled since the start of the war. I can't keep count using my two hands anymore.
A: I suggest YOU read the beginning of The Cicadian Times.

Mr.Hustle

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
You answered that one by one, good for you Cicada deserves a pat in the back--(Backstabbing department)

Consequence of your actions reflects on the morals that your tribe wants to reflect. Justifying the action with fluent words and just case that your tribe absolutely, correctly on the right of reasoning.

The wrongdoings of your tribe escapes from the scrutiny of the world by flowery words. It's just not the case

Of course you need to defend your tribe on the forums but the actions your tribe took show how lame these words are.

History of world 112 will remember your tribe as a tribe of multiple forms of evil, twisting the fabric of truth by brainwashing the world how stupid they are.

There are consequences, first every other tribe will hate you, PMS hates your tribe, Crunch Hates your tribe, and SINTM now feels that they are being used.

You forced SINTM to do the evil act of asking to betray a long time ally, also the way you handle CRUNCH as a greedy corrupt tribe who just wants villa(from CICADA point of view) all the post you made in these forums are all about your tribe being right.

Just Pathetic

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Mr. Hustle, I don't know if you've noticed this, but claiming that we've 'brainwashed the world' is a bit rich considering we are in endgame, and the only tribe on our side is SINTM. The majority of the world stands against us. Yet they cannot win.

Our words don't block ops. Our words don't net 130+ caps in an op. Those are actions, ones which you conveniently gloss over because they don't fit your narrative.

Frying Pan Warrior

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
of multiple forms of evil, twisting the fabric of truth

My man, your choice of vocabulary is absolutely exquisite.

Our words don't block ops. Our words don't net 130+ caps in an op. Those are actions

Exactly!!!! The actions of backstabbing! Twisting the fabric of truth to fool players into thinking they have to quit when faced against the almighty Cicada, or better yet leave their family and join Cicada for a world win.