Msbella and zurtle, gone..

DeletedUser

It would have been interesting but don't forget that all tribes have been affected by RL. Apoc and its seed tribes have lost key personnel through its history too. Of course that was always the advantage of being a family. It was easy to soak up the losses and restructure whilst maintaining a consistent ethos and general approach.

MM had to recruit/merge. This fundamentally changed the culture of MM which, after a number of iterations, fragmented its strategy, undermined its leadership and led to its eventual failure. Of course Apoc has recruited, but no single recruit has ever considered themselves greater than the whole. If they did then they didn't last long.

As many have pointed out, Apoc's current 200 or so members (~ 2 tribes) are the remnant of its many seed tribes. Applying the same level of natural wastage to MM provides a clear demontration of why its purest approach could not compete against a family of tribes that, with the exception of TF, really meant it.

Anyway, in response to Assasin, all credit to MM for achieving what it did. I say that without a hint of sarcasm because by celebrating our enemies we also cheer ourselves :)

DeletedUser53573

So even now, you would have outnumbered MM by over 2:1.

merritt olsen

Apologies for the delay in my reply.. I guess I have been enjoying my free time too much :)

@ Zain: I too enjoyed all our chats. At one time, that MM/UA chat we had was one of my favs (second only to the MM leadership chat with SS, Jo & Rick). Even with MF and Andy :) It's ironic that I developed a closer friendship with you and Wolfy as enemies then when we were allies, lol. I guess all the petty silliness from the 'mob' got to us all.

@ Wolfy: I understand that what you did you did for your tribe. The thing that really put it into perspective for me was one of the players in either BA or Apoc saying that he remembered me telling him off almost 2 years prior (I was Diplomat/Baroness of -MM- then). It made me think that sometimes in your leadership role you come across a certain way in the name of the tribe. -MM- was an independant tribe that everyone wanted dead and it was only fear of those account names that kept people back. It doesn't mean that the personal relationships were anything like that. Although I told you off ingame, I hold no grudges in person :)

@ Jaideep: Thank you, it was awesome having you in the tribe. Apart from my end game in =V= & MyKind, the time we had in -MM- with the gang was the most fun I had in TW. That can never be recreated.

@ Soco: You say a 'whole lot of nothing'. Zurtle was literally in a sea of red and his ODD went up by millions constantly. There are some great snipe kings and queens (like csers, SN, sechul) on W18 but Zurtle was the best I knew.
From day 1 I have been hunted by someone or another but one by one they got rimmed. Apoc/BA had an average of 2 tribes for each =V= player had they chosen to use them properly. Even after deleting, my ODD went up by over 3 million as I had moved troops to cover the incoming K57 attacks. ALL my ranks were my best ever - there was nothing left to achieve. We even attacked davidemah (Rank 2) and succeeded - we got villages, got him working hard (sorry Dave, hehe) and got a circ sent out by Karen crying for help :p There was no point pursuing attacks on him as none of us had issues with him personally but we did have fun :) I even rimmed one more little person rimmed as I deleted, lol.
Even looking at SN, LB and pop, all of them grew and achieved their highest ranks. We were the last actives left in our group so maybe what you meant to say was that there was a whole lot of nothing achieved against us? You saved all your effort for the inactives and dead accounts as usual.

@ Peter: You're right. I can safely say I was very bored and over TW long ago. Friends gone, goals achieved so nothing left to stay for. I've been waiting months and months for any of the tribes wanting and trying to rim me to actually succeed but nobody ever did so it was time that I did it myself :)

@ Dave: too true and ty :)

@ LBad: Of course we will! I still can't work out how I managed TW for so long! lol Congrats to you too :p

@ SuperB: Ty and the feeling is mutual. It was easy and a pleasure helping someone like you due to your easygoing character.

@ Cotten: Whilst in -MM- I didn't like very many tribes but I did have respect for BA when we were dealing with tribal matters together in the good old days :) The conversations were enjoyable for me too as you were mature and intelligent unlike most of the nuisances we had to deal with. My decision to delete was the best decision I could have made and i am most definately enjoying all my extra free time.

@ Rashelle: In the short time we spoke, I found you to be a great person and really down to earth - not someone I will forget. I actually missed you when you left due to computer issues. Nice to see you back :)

@ Assasin: I agree with you on Zurtle :) Thank you, I will be around intermittently and I may be back for W100.. maybe ;)

@ Hammer: It's because we were pretty much the last actives left on W18, lol. Definately the most vocal :)

@ Agenroe: Yes, soooo liberating! It was an honour being your Princess and fighting with you :) RL comes first so no worries - hope you passed with flying colours!

Thank you all for the kind words, I wish all of you the best in your RL.. and TW if applicable ;)

well that was probably me (your response to wolfy)....but i will miss you none the less..