My Departure

Lost serenity

Gl irl. Nice goodbye, but you still couldn't resist flaming, and blaming others...>.>

DeletedUser

A fine farewell Mario.

Good luck in RL or other pursuits.

Its been fun sharing the forums and w43 with you.

DeletedUser

Mario,

I have got to say, you most certainly were a great leader.

There were times where your age took over in your PNP posts and you got frustrated...but that is something you will learn to deal with. I tried to help you the best I could and offer what guidance I could offer, but in the end, we weren't cohesive enough as a unit to prevail.

I suspect that you will be back, and when that time comes, I will be eager to observe how your leadership changes, as you are a leader...you just needed a bit of experience under your belt.

Well done Mario, and I will wish you the best of luck. Until we meet again, this old salty dog salutes you :axemen:

-Slingzaar

DeletedUser

Good luck with everything, sure I will see you around sometime as everyone knows it's impossible to actually quit this game :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Didn't see this one coming.

I can say one thing about MARIO, he gave this world quite a twist. (Who honestly expected Bored! to fall so easily?).

Not a bad outtro though, saved a shred of respect in my opinion.

I would actually disagree. This, in my opinion, was a terrible "outtro" as it was just MARIO saying he accepted he failed as a leader, but then attempted to pass essentially the entire blame off - those who left, those who quit, ICARUS, even his co-duke (all of the issues he outlined as reasons for BORED! failing, in his attempts to pass off the blame, can actually be directly linked back to his poor leadership). That, in my opinion, does not garner any respect and actually loses him quite a lot.

That being said, I do believe that people should be allowed quit with a bit of dignity. Even if, I think, you don't deserve it and although I dislike you (I know the feeling's mutual), you're quitting so there's no point attacking you about it.

Cya.
-Conor

cuthroat

From reading on the forums and seeing how the tribe he help lead has done, I would have to say Mario has done a great job. He has done something 99.9% of the people on this game has never done. He was leader of the #1 tribe in a world six months into gameplay. Things happen along the way and even at the end of a tribe but he has accomplished alot.

The failure of a tribe is only partially the leaders fault. 40% of the Failure is the leaderships fault. 60% of the failure is due to the players under the leader. IF Bored! did not have the inactives or the guys getting themselves banned for stupidity, it would have been alot different. Acouple guys giving orders doesnt mean the order actually get cared out. I know from my stand point they kept up a great illusion of strength the whole time things where deteriating from the inside. In the end though I guess one tribe cannot take on 6 tribes on all sides of them.

DeletedUser

From reading on the forums and seeing how the tribe he help lead has done, I would have to say Mario has done a great job. He has done something 99.9% of the people on this game has never done. He was leader of the #1 tribe in a world six months into gameplay. Things happen along the way and even at the end of a tribe but he has accomplished alot.

The failure of a tribe is only partially the leaders fault. 40% of the Failure is the leaderships fault. 60% of the failure is due to the players under the leader. IF Bored! did not have the inactives or the guys getting themselves banned for stupidity, it would have been alot different. Acouple guys giving orders doesnt mean the order actually get cared out. I know from my stand point they kept up a great illusion of strength the whole time things where deteriating from the inside. In the end though I guess one tribe cannot take on 6 tribes on all sides of them.

Wow, this post is wrong on so many levels.

Point whoring and mass recruiting your way to the #1 rank is not an accomplishment. All this means is Mario is probably a great SimCity player. But when war comes, true leadership is shown, I saw very little evidence of any leadership. I mean, tell me if I'm wrong, but did 1 Op get planned? I know SnowP/Nomad ran one on BloodyPitt, but what else?

Inactive players can be eliminated and should not be tolerated, especially by the #1 tribe. A good leader would kick and noble these players.

People not following orders is a result of inactivity(should not exist, should have been eliminated), and morale. If your players respect you, and respect the tribe, they will follow orders. If they don't, they are worthless. Kick and noble. There were other battles that should have exposed these players.

Also, fuzzy math much? How exactly do you arrive at 40%/60% for the blame? Also, please explain how the war was 6 against 1.

DeletedUser

The failure of a tribe is only partially the leaders fault. 40% of the Failure is the leaderships fault. 60% of the failure is due to the players under the leader. IF BORED! did not have the inactives or the guys getting themselves banned for stupidity, it would have been alot different. Acouple guys giving orders doesnt mean the order actually get cared out. I know from my stand point they kept up a great illusion of strength the whole time things where deteriating from the inside. In the end though I guess one tribe cannot take on 6 tribes on all sides of them.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. :icon_rolleyes:

Leading a tribe 6 months into a world at rank #1 isn't that hard to do when it's done via allying/merging constantly. It's different for when you war a lot. When a tribe allies and then merges (or skips the allying and just merges) all it's main threats, and then cannot even defeat a smallish tribe in their home continents, thats the sign of a poor tribe and poor leadership. Merging and allying your way to #1 isn't that big of a deal - neither is lasting 6 months. I guess though, I have more room to comment because (using your "statistics") I am one of the 0.01% that has achieved what he has "achieved" (I use that word lightly).

I'd beg to differ on your maths. I'd say nearly close to 100% (maybe 90) is a leaders fault, with the other 10 being outside factors that are out of a leaders control - such as exams, real life emergencies, etc. Let's go through what you claim to be the member's fault:

• If a leader was a good leader, said leader would have kept people motivated and wanting to play by giving them challenges. Said leader would have forged personal bonds with all of them so they didn't want to quit. It was probably due to said leadership that the majority quit, with some others for reasons said leader would have no control over (exams etc). Considering though that a lot that quit etc still play TW, we can put the cause of their inactivity here due to no challenges/boredom - which can be related to the leader.
  • Players getting banned? That again could be related to the leader for not teaching his members about TribalWars and encouraging fair play enough and abiding by the rules.
  • If the order doesn't get carried out, again that is the leader's fault. It is the leader's fault for not interacting enough with his members so that they do not respect him, have the personal attatchment or loyalty to him to actually care what he tells them to do, or trust that what he tell them to do is for their / the tribe's best interest.

By the way - keeping up an illusion of strength doesn't make a good leader, either.

-Conor

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Conor, I seem to remember you and sean having some form of disagreement the other day over how Sean was disrespectful and/or didnt leave some guy on the w29 forums to his goodbye thread.

And from your original response (the bolded bit) in this thread, I believed you were gonna follow through with what you preached.
I would actually disagree. This, in my opinion, was a terrible "outtro" as it was just MARIO saying he accepted he failed as a leader, but then attempted to pass essentially the entire blame off - those who left, those who quit, ICARUS, even his co-duke (all of the issues he outlined as reasons for BORED! failing, in his attempts to pass off the blame, can actually be directly linked back to his poor leadership). That, in my opinion, does not garner any respect and actually loses him quite a lot.

That being said, I do believe that people should be allowed quit with a bit of dignity. Even if, I think, you don't deserve it and although I dislike you (I know the feeling's mutual), you're quitting so there's no point attacking you about it.

Cya.
-Conor

Then in your next post.
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. :icon_rolleyes:

Leading a tribe 6 months into a world at rank #1 isn't that hard to do in BORED!'s case. It's different for FRST. BORED! allied NwN and NUTS. Then merged NwN. Then merged NUTS. Then allied ICARUS. Then merged ICARUS. Then allied Nomad. You'll notice that for essentially all of his large threats, what did he do? Ally or merge. Even in his own home continents, he couldn't remove MOAR!. That's an immense lack of leadership. Merging and allying your way to #1 isn't that big of a deal - neither is lasting 6 months. I guess though, I have more room to comment because (using your "statistics") I am one of the 0.01% that has achieved what he has "achieved" (I use that word lightly).

I'd beg to differ on your maths. I'd say nearly close to 100% (maybe 90) is a leaders fault, with the other 10 being outside factors that are out of a leaders control - such as exams, real life emergencies, etc. Let's go through what you claim to be the member's fault:

• If MARIO was a good leader, he'd have kept people motivated and wanting to play by giving them challenges. He'd have forged personal bonds with all of them so they didn't want to quit. It was probably due to his leadership that the majority quit, with some others for reasons he'd have no control over (exams etc). Considering though that a lot that quit etc still play TW, we can put the cause of their inactivity here due to no challenges/boredom - which can be related to the leader.
  • Players getting banned? That again could be related to MARIO for not teaching his members about TribalWars and encouraging fair play enough and abiding by the rules.
  • If the order doesn't get carried out, again that is the leader's fault - MARIO's fault. It is his fault for not interacting enough with his members so that they do not respect him, have the personal attatchment or loyalty to him to actually care what he tells them to do, or trust that what he tell them to do is for their / the tribe's best interest.

By the way - keeping up an illusion of strength doesn't make a good leader, either.

-Conor
Now lets be honest here, even if im right you will still find a way for me to be wrong :icon_redface:...so im not gonna get into any sort of debate about this. But you know aswell as I, all that post did was bash mario in his goodbye thread.

DeletedUser

I will not argue with MARIO nor will I attack MARIO's post per say. However, I will debate what makes a good leader - and what makes a tribe fail. Someone made a post about that (what makes a good leader / whats an achievement in leading / what makes a tribe fail) and since I am actually qualified enough to comment on that, I did. Since his post was in reference to MARIO and BORED!, it would only make sense for me also to refer to MARIO / BORED! when commenting on his points.

Edit: Just to validate my point - I have removed all mention of MARIO and/or BORED! in the post. The message and points are still the same though.

cuthroat

Wow, this post is wrong on so many levels.

Point whoring and mass recruiting your way to the #1 rank is not an accomplishment. All this means is Mario is probably a great SimCity player. But when war comes, true leadership is shown, I saw very little evidence of any leadership. I mean, tell me if I'm wrong, but did 1 Op get planned? I know SnowP/Nomad ran one on BloodyPitt, but what else?

Inactive players can be eliminated and should not be tolerated, especially by the #1 tribe. A good leader would kick and noble these players.

People not following orders is a result of inactivity(should not exist, should have been eliminated), and morale. If your players respect you, and respect the tribe, they will follow orders. If they don't, they are worthless. Kick and noble. There were other battles that should have exposed these players.

Also, fuzzy math much? How exactly do you arrive at 40%/60% for the blame? Also, please explain how the war was 6 against 1.

A leader of a top tribe in several worlds in the game goes down and all of a sudden he is the worst person around who ever played this game. If you see no value in a person who has accomplished so much I feel bad for your leaders when the worst happens and you turn on them.

YA um, Bored! Mass recruit? You must be a FRST fan so,I guess you did not see FRST mass recruit players of Icarus either. Magically 75% of K65 was conquered in 1 day. OR you are new enough to not remember bored! with only 30some players ranked #2 until the Icarus split.

Oh yes, as a leader you look and see alot of your tribe is now becomeing inactive and you have new recruits coming in that in your opinion must have 100% respect for the leadership and tribe (even though their tribe broke up and they ran to the biggest tribe near them for protection) that hopefully will take orders all the while 3/4 of the world wants a piece of you so. So ya lets just kick the 1/3 of tribe and start trying to noble them in the hope that the rest of the world doesnt notice. Good luck with that.

I dont see how you can put 100% of blame on 1 person for an entire tribe failing after this long of game time. Tribes fail, split and merge all the time. Must be only 10 guys responsible for all the tribe failing in this world. The entire rest of that tribe has nothing to do with its downfall. And yes I would say 40% is the leaderships fault, which includes making proper OP,keeping morale and loyalty up, working on diplomancy and trying to figure out the next moves for the tribe. The rest has to be blamed on the nonleadership members of the tribe who also can help keep morale and loyalty up and carry out the plans given to them. A headless chicken is just as useless as the chicken head without its body.

You must have some fuzzy math of your own if you if you cannot add the total of FRST , LIGHT , WMD , WMD2 , WDM3 and WDM4. I guess you must have went to publik skool.

@ Notoriety*

I would agree with alot of your post on the what a good leader qualities are. But as a leader you can not control what players do in the long run, you just have to make sure you have a good player core and they keep the ship moving in the direction you want to take them. Not everyone likes to take care of 50+ 100+ 500+ villages. Also some people are just idiots and dont really care. I have sat people in wars who I thought where good tribe members to find out they didnt do anything for the tribe and only worried about themselves.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

YA um, Bored! Mass recruit? You must be a FRST fan so,I guess you did not see FRST mass recruit players of Icarus either. Magically 75% of K65 was conquered in 1 day. OR you are new enough to not remember bored! with only 30some players ranked #2 until the Icarus split.
I can count who joined Frst from Icarus, haxor, Tria(pouncd merged with her So I don't count her),crisis apex=3 people. If three=mass recruiting then I believe we all mass recruit.
Now let me explain how these few people had so much sway in k65. Haxor=k65 lol jk he's just huge,while the other two were both in the 700k range. They equaled about 3 million points which was almost all that icarus owned in k65. before hand we had about 450k-600k range in k65 if I recall correctly.
side note side note: they had 37 players( pretty sure) with nubs(memory for them is lacking) however I knew they had substantial amount before the icarus merge, either close to tribal limit in total or above it. So they did in some manner not have a low number count. other side note when they did have icarus their numbers were around 107 in total. I realize they didn't want the 50 ishmembers but it still happened.so they still mass recruited 50 some people.

heads up about the second qoute, it's regarding your statement I'm to lazy to find about how fighting to many people was the end of them. Not really about the content I qouted but the content that lead to it.
You must have some fuzzy math of your own if you if you cannot add the total of FRST , LIGHT , WMD , WMD2 , WDM3 and WDM4. I guess you must have went to publik skool
No trying to offend but I did this several times before the collapse of anything...I counted the total numbers in millions waring with bored! and allies

Counting all non allied groups who were fighting bored! to show you general numbers
the total of moar,frst,light, wmd(before the growth of icarus/bored! players joining them). Only reached about 68-73million points and bored!@ snowp@nubs had about 53 million and 25 million=78 million so I'd say this war was fairly even. So I'd disagree that numbers were really a factor, truly was close in that regard.

......not in anyway trying to promote conflict in here...just trying to correct a statement which I think is off, to the best of my knowledge.

DeletedUser

Are you kidding me? I read the first paragraph, and just immediately I laughed.

The ICARUS merge created NUBS to become closer. That is true.

"NUBS DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, AND I HATE FAMILY TRIBES" was concluded from that.

I was in NUBS, and BECAUSE I WAS IN NUBS, I LOST 200 THOUSAND POINTS.

My OD is about ranked 100 and I killled 3 million FRST troops.

I supported the BORED members around me, and contributed in the forums.

However, BORED fell apart internally as well. Forums were dead silent, and I tried to get things going on my K43 forums, but BORED members wouldn't reply.

You may think, oh there is that little idiot spy running his mouth in the forums.

Well, I can tell you I was completely loyal to NUBS, losing villages to support tribemates, until you singled me out, and warned me to dismiss me for doing nothing?

You're a terrible leader, and I hope you realize BORED collapsed because of you.

Go ahead, flame me.

DeletedUser

For those who hate the truth...look away...NOW.

Ok, Mario had alot going for him, he really did...but, as I have pointed out before, this game is meant to be fun, is it not? Well, his style of leadership was brow-beating, degrading and condescending...not fun...which is not so amazing because most teeneagers have not figured out that they dont know everything yet. That being said, he continually spurned hands of friendship outstretched to him if the bearer of that hand did not listen to his every order, as he was the only one who knew how to play TW "correctly". In fact, he was so obvious in his ham handed attempts at betraying us that we were totally ready...having to take an stance that provided little glory, but was set up for an eventual "I told you so"..and today is that day.

If he was able to inspire loyalty and a never say die attitude, he and his tribe would still be here, but he alienated people in his own tribe while never, ever taking responsibility for anything. Ever.

I told my tribe long long ago that his leadership style alone would mean that one day we would get to sit and watch as it all fell apart...and it has.

I would use this moment to offere constructive criticism, but I did before and it was always thrown back in my face, so I will refrain from doing so now.

Fact is, his failure to crush MOAR when they were ten times our size was the beginning of the end. If a tribe did not capitualte instantly and fought back reasonably hard, then that was it. "You arent worth it" is not a valid defense about killing a tribe you declare on. That ODD ranking of 4 for MOAR? If you dont think that at least in part contributed to Bored losing, then you are mistaken. 99% of that ODD is Bored. I take prode in the fact that MOAR was not mentioned as a last weak jab at us and an attempt to dodge getting dressed down by me again.

Goodbye and you wont be missed.

DeletedUser

HatersGonnaHate.jpg

^my response to most of this thread

Mario, you were a hell of a player, a leader, and a friend. Great times here on 43, on 41 in MMK, and on those speed rounds we owned :icon_cool: Good luck with whatever you do, and please don't come back to tribalwars for your own sake. Trust me, it's not worth it.

Now if only DJ could figure that out :icon_biggrin:

-Tom/Technology

fadarofthedarkblade

will miss you mario man :( wish this had never happened but all good things end with time :D

best of luck even if you do hate me now :(

DeletedUser

There was certainly a lot of hype around Mario and Bored since early that they didn't live up to. I don't wish to flame Mario in his retirement/goodbye thread but I was rather disappointed at the whole outcome. Best of luck wherever life takes you. I think I may have to follow in your footsteps and quit the game as I step into the adult world.

DeletedUser

I think I may have to follow in your footsteps and quit the game as I step into the adult world.

The adult world is much the same as BORED! was, it looks better from the outside.

There was certainly a lot of hype around Mario and Bored since early that they didn't live up to. I don't wish to flame Mario in his retirement/goodbye thread but I was rather disappointed at the whole outcome. Best of luck wherever life takes you.

The hype was created by swift shift and nub nub who founded the tribe and selectively recruited active and committed players. Once they left and passed leadership to others the ideals were discarded in favour of rank, points and power. However, the hype carried over to the new leaders who used it to plaster over the cracks as BORED! slowly disintegrated.

DeletedUser

You must have some fuzzy math of your own if you if you cannot add the total of FRST , LIGHT , WMD , WMD2 , WDM3 and WDM4. I guess you must have went to publik skool.

The fuzzy math comes into play when you tell me that Bored! was fighting alone. They had an ally and a family tribe(That were declared on mind you). This is overwhelming proof that your math was fuzzy, which in turn brings the credibility of the rest of your message down. And your second message was virtually unreadable. Jibberish.

I will now leave this thread forever because Mario isn't worth pressing one more key for.