My school has blocked tribalwars.net...help?

DeletedUser12353

basically as the titles states:icon_rolleyes: schools has blocked tribalwars:icon_evil: . when i try accessing www.tribalwars.net its just says "blocked by squidguard" i was think is there anyway i could get around this by logging in through another page? as we have tried tribalwars.es and .fr and we can access them...only thing it is not in english and doesn't have my account. we have installed firefox(as school use internet explorer) and didn't import anything when it started up and same problem. any help would be awsome:icon_biggrin:

appleand

type in proxy site into google or something.

or use this one www. youhide.com

and then type in the adress into the bar and that should work.

DeletedUser12353

thanks guy just hope these sites are not blocked... but anyway i should try them expect tried with www.youhide.com and it said i was not accepting cookies now i changed my setting and no change i guessing the server im using to browse is not accepting cookies. but i used the one with the link and it worked on my computer just got to try it at school in 2 days as we are on holiday for 2 days as it is the weekend

also does anyone know much about squidguard?

Last edited:

Muldie325

wag, bunk, truency whatever they call it there.

just stay off school and play at home ^_^

nah im joking, try google search squidguard? lol

DeletedUser12353

thanks guys that peacefire one looks interesting... :icon_razz:

oh and i have tried the bunking idea but lets say didnt go down to well with parents deans and principals because what happens when you do finally turn up to school.. well they are ready with a stack of dententions luckly i had done much and only got 3 days after school dentention

aratzinaman

try this:

go to start, click run, then type cmd then press ok.

after that the command promp(black screen) will appear. type this one exactly:

tracert www.tribalwars.net

then you will see an "ip-address-like" thing. it looks like this:

[88.365.3.56]

type that thing(without the braces), in internet explorer or any web browser you got..

im not really sure of it.. you can try it. tell me if it works..

DeletedUser12353

im guessing it wouldnt as squidguard would block the ip address instead of the actual name its self.. but i may be wrong thanks for the idea:icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: .. keep them coming..

betaincident

Better Idea

Most programs like the one at your school are progressive. It's only a matter of time before all those anonymous browsing sites are blocked. If its a DNS filter or such, with I suspect, I have another suggestion for you. If you are using IE, standard for schools, go to "tools" then "internet options", click on the "connections" tab, then "lan settings". You will see an option for "use a proxy server", click the box and it will light up two small text boxs. This is where you can enter the address and port of a public proxy (very similar to the sights they gave you). Lists of those proxys are everywhere and generally secure enough for things like this. To find your own lists you can search for "free proxy lists".

Here are two for now 58.59.134.176 port 80 202.56.231.117 port 8080

This method should be more reliable and faster and it has the added perk of not displaying the tag of the browsing site (those may get you in trouble with a semi-computer savy teacher)

Goodluck and let me know how it goes,
Rachel "betaincident"

Ooo yes, If you close the browser (IE) depending on the config of the system you may have to enter the proxy you wish to use again. Sometimes you will find one that no longer works, there are thousands. Here is one place to find some http://www.proxy4free.com/page1.html.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12353

cool thanks when we installed firefox it wouldnt connect so i went to the ineternet explorer settings and then connections and then had a look at the settings and changed it to the proxy server we are using at school on internet exporer. so if i change these settings will i lose the connection to the internet? i know i will not lose a phyiscal conection to the hub but i thnk i mite not connect

betaincident

Connection

If you lose connection, it should only be for a second. If your network is set up like that of the majority of schools, the connection is routed through a DNS server before it "goes to the web", in the simplest terms, a proxy is like a detour. It takes you on a different path.

betaincident

But, your network may be very different, it depends how it's set up. If for some reason this does not work, let me know. I will help you find another way.

Oh, and there is nothing criminal with this but, it may be against some of your school's terms of use policy. Be careful, if you have to use a personal login (something tied to you and only you) to get on the net, and your IT guys are pooheads, It might not be the best solution for your problem. The IT guys at my old high school were awesome and didn't mind.

Beta4

Or you could try *gasp* not going to TW while in school :icon_eek:

kodabar

Peacefire changes its address every couple of days. It's your best bet.

jon.

DeletedUser12353

well guys tried them yesterday and:icon_sad: didnt work none of them

the proxy site were blocked all of the ones named...

that thing i had to do when goin to internet options and putting in a proxy server by list well that didnt work either because there was already a proxy there and when i change it the computer just wouldnt connect .. it would time out.. guessing i have to go through the schools proxy to go online.

also tried the thing in comand promt "tracet www.tribalwars.net" well that was interesting still blocked but it came up with all the stuff i think i had to go through to get to tribalwars.net first was on the list was bhsfirewall (my school firewall and there was an ip address) and lost of other things with ip address want to copy and put it up here but didnt know how to print the script.