My school has blocked tribalwars.net...help?

TimDogg

School is for learning, stop mucking about with games and get your act together. Alternatively, convince your maths teacher that tribalwars.net has educational value.

Wallam

School is for learning, stop mucking about with games and get your act together. Alternatively, convince your maths teacher that tribalwars.net has educational value.
Bleh, I use this as a vice to escape the everyday boredom or school. I do my work and reward myself with TW. Seems fair enough to me. Oh and my maths teacher cant even use a computer, so that could really not work too well. :icon_wink:

-OwNeD-

It does...

Adding res, calculating troops amounts and stuff like that.

dominyk92

I actually just finished school....so HA! :icon_evil:

live4tenors

hey, a proxy site wouldnt work more than likely anyways. ive never had to use one with tribalwars, but if the game uses scripting or something along those lines, then a proxy wont get u more than the homepage. what happens is, internet filters and the like all block the scripting that takes place. For instance, http://youtube.comis a site that is usually blocked by most schools; youtube uses a scripting process to show their videos. what a proxy does, is it goes through and essentially sidesteps the scripting. this allows you to access the page, but you are still unable to use any of the functions on the page due to their scripting dependability. my advice, like ive seen others say is, wait till you get home. hope this helps.

bait15

not sure if you've tried this but at my old school just leaving out the www from the link worked.

koa anubis

ok same problem as most here, except my school has a major security system. the filter blocks the words game, tribal, tribalwars, proxy, porxy (any re-construction of the word proxy) and any site they find with a direct proxy link. It has also blocked the Ip for tw :( . this sucks real bad, as i hacked the system before through CMD, made myself admin, shut down and reset all servers apart from the music departments :)icon_twisted:) and shut down every computer in the school, similar to dominy, i got suspended for two weeks :D
But seriously, does anyone know anyway around it?

footballlplayaa1

kao anubis is my hero, wow you did all that? pretty impressive

DeletedUser8159

Well here's the thing

In order for the school to use squid guard they have to set up a linux box as a router. So there is nothing you can do on your computer without hacking the box. You'll have to think outside the box, you can try opening command prompt and typing in ipconfig and ipconfig /all. If you write that down and post I'll tell you if you can do anything with it. You can also type ipconfig in command prompt and put the gateway in your browsers address bar.

Squidgaurd works using black lists, they block things with specific keywords in them. If you could connect to a proxy outside the linuix box you could do whatever.

You would most likely do this by taking the ip address of the box (get that with ipconfig) and setting it as your proxy. I beleive someone else already said how to set a specific ip as your proxy. Then you would use one of those proxy sites. It would be crazy slow but should work.

Golgalash

Squidgaurd works using black lists, they block things with specific keywords in them. If you could connect to a proxy outside the linuix box you could do whatever..
In Australia, you have the DET Portal which white lists and sucks absolute balls. :(

So I went and got myself an admin account for the portal... :p

Password guessing ftw? Don't try this though if you think you'll get caught lol... >_<

*Theodred*

Try

"google.sh.nu". In the rare occasion that it loads, [Like a google page] , it's good for avoiding things..

tacops

Freerk has written some nice tutorials over the years on how to bypass Internet Censorship. the second link is the new wiki page and i think is more updated.

http://www.zensur.freerk.com/

or

Read this: http://en.cship.org/wiki/Main_Page

There are many ways to get around this issue. You could always use a sniffer so when the IT guy or admin login on the network you could capture his password and login. If the schools proxy requests a user name and password use his :D lol anyways this is too much for some of you :p

Last edited by a moderator:

servy

He probably is in private school.
Almost all good high school, private skls block games
From what I've seen public schools tend to be more paranoid about it, assuming they actually have a fairly decent system. (As in one worth protecting.)