n00b beginnings!

ToTheGallows

#1: Didn't calculate troops properly, and on the fourth noble got 'not enough troops' as a message. Cancel.

I still do this, and it's a pain. Happened to me once on a timed launch on w20, where I only had a two second gap to squeeze the train into, landing between nukes and support. I lol'd.

2hot2handle

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I think the first world I started was world 23 in k84 about 7 months ago.
My kid made me join the game and we started a tribe on the first day I joined :lol: No-one in the tribe ever knew I'd only just joined I managed to fluke my way through. I nobled all the barbs around me , had no idea about anything don't actually remember ever attacking a player until the past few months and in the first 6 months I was hardly ever attacked.
At the same time I also then joined , probably everyother world that was open :/ 16,17,20,21,22,24 continuing the theme of barb nobling.
World 25 was my first starting world in the core and the one that really got me into this game . Even there one of the first things I did was attack jayjayjay with swords and spears and everything else and that was probably the first player I ever attacked :lol: .So still had no idea about mixed villages or offensive / defensive troops until I joined MeOw and nuke was 'kind' enough to inform me not to attack with swords and spears ....along with the fact if i nobled another 2 k barb I may be dismissed :lol:
Think starting a tribe on the first day really prevented me from learning off anyone else although most of the tribes I ended up in on other worlds didn't know squat . Now I'm fortunate to play in some of the best tribes eva HAM!!! ,Hate. , Rumble , ACTIVE , Chess ... a complete contrast to some of the tribes I once found myself in .

Lisa <3

Last edited:

DeletedUser

You said W18 was your first world, what did you do there? :icon_eek::icon_eek:

Not much, like I said in a post earlier, lots of spears and swords nobling villages... :icon_redface: I did end up taking only active players, and I had a butt-ton of nobles, just no targets to use them on. :icon_cry:

22 was my second world, and the first one I knew how to play right in.

Hmmm.. I think that makes 24 my third world... Meh...

DeletedUser48847

Meh, I'll try to refresh a bit of my memory. :icon_razz:

A friend introduced me to this game. He was so excited, so he invited me to "compete" with him. My first village was on world 22, somewhere in the middle of continent 37. I then, after reading numerous guides on TW wikipedia, Openeye's guide, and all different kind of offensive/defensive guide, had a pretty good start (pretty good, considering it was my first time playing, and still growed faster than my 7x7 neighbours. :p). I joined a local K37 tribe there, later merged with a great ally, and is now in the rank 1 tribe, and am holding a forum moderator/semi-council position. I still play there, no, wait, my twin brother is playing there, but I still log on once in a few days.

Edit: Due to Izzy's "request", history is now in spoiler. :p
Edit 2: Beginning... Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I still do this, and it's a pain. Happened to me once on a timed launch on w20, where I only had a two second gap to squeeze the train into, landing between nukes and support. I lol'd.

Hahah. I'm so glad other people (still) do that as well. :icon_confused:

2Hot2Handle said:
....along with the fact if i nobled another 2 k barb I may be dismissed :lol:

:lol: Barbs ftw! Can't have yourself surrounded by that there sea o' grey now, eh?

DeletedUser

my first world was 18 and i thought i could be a merchant ROFL! just got my pretty stone wall and this guy knocked it down...so i restarted lol

DeletedUser

Heh heh heh.

Alright. I know how all us l33t, vet, older, experienced, whatever other ridiculous term you like, etc, players like to rip into n00bs from time to time... but how many of us are willing to reveal our own unfortunate beginnings?

So far... I know ally and myself are! Y'know. Before we got a thread locked with such shenanigans.

But I've been thinking about it since, and thought it might be rather amusing/interesting to see how badly everyone played at first. If they're brave enough to admit it. :icon_twisted:

Myself: As stated in whatever thread it was, the first village I ever nobled was 26 points (yeh... just remember that next time y'want to accuse me of point whoring!) And my 'main' village was at about the bare minimum needed for an academy. I was under the curious delusion that the faster I got a second village, the less chance there would be of being rimmed. Heh.

I believe there are still threads out there dedicated to mocking me for such a choice. And rightly so. :lol:

-throws down gauntlet-

Reveal thine inner n00b!

Just for you!!!

My first world was world one, I played for a whole 2 months and never got a noble....

second world, world 2, I got a bit better, i mad it to like 3 villages (all of which i had nobled barbs) with a total troop count of 3k between the three!!!!

Third world, world 3, this one was fun, I actually did pretty well because i started late on the rim with a bunch of others newer then me. I made it to about 10k in points, then got into a war and ended up being a farm to the teachu tribe, so i stopped playing that world...

More recent world newbness!!!!!

World 26: I played this world for my friends rather then for myself. So, when my friends left, I joined a tribe based on my new friends (rather then going to pills which had invited me). Needless to say it sucked, It ended up in a war with an ok tribe. Well long story short, the first tribe I joined ended up in a war with the ok tribe and the leadership just left. Then, I made the mistake of following them to the next tribe which was even worse. Needless to say, the ok tribe followed with war, and the second tribe fell (there have been many rumors i was a leader, I was never a leader in world 26). All in all, my decisions where really noobish, but my playing wasn't, I lasted for a whole 2-3 months against the tribe (who claimed that they where not attacking me, but i had 1 million in ODD to prove otherwise) before i got tired and quit for worlds 33/34.

World 30: Joined a newb tribe that got into a war, that was 3-4 months ago when the world started.... I was once again thought to be a leader, because of my past experience, so when the war broke out i was attacked by about 30 players and rimmed by gicusan (who was in my 10X10). I made some really poor decisions....

The turn around:
World 33: Rather then joining a tribe I had friends in, I started, then waited a few weeks, watched tribes and players i knew of. Then joined a tribe and just went with my friends from there. Ended up attacked by reaperised, and got some intel that AI had planned to make me his first noble target. I got another player to start attacking and catting AI, and then sent 1/2 of my axe at him with some LC and I think some siege. Managed nothing more then stunting both players, and probably tribes growth. (To AI: That attack wasn't personal, it was cause of the intel, sorry, just sending a message not to mess with me.)

DeletedUser

Just for you!!!

My first world was world one, I played for a whole 2 months and never got a noble....

second world, world 2, I got a bit better, i mad it to like 3 villages (all of which i had nobled barbs) with a total troop count of 3k between the three!!!!

Third world, world 3, this one was fun, I actually did pretty well because i started late on the rim with a bunch of others newer then me. I made it to about 10k in points, then got into a war and ended up being a farm to the teachu tribe, so i stopped playing that world...

More recent world newbness!!!!!

World 26: I played this world for my friends rather then for myself. So, when my friends left, I joined a tribe based on my new friends (rather then going to pills which had invited me). Needless to say it sucked, It ended up in a war with an ok tribe. Well long story short, the first tribe I joined ended up in a war with the ok tribe and the leadership just left. Then, I made the mistake of following them to the next tribe which was even worse. Needless to say, the ok tribe followed with war, and the second tribe fell (there have been many rumors i was a leader, I was never a leader in world 26). All in all, my decisions where really noobish, but my playing wasn't, I lasted for a whole 2-3 months against the tribe (who claimed that they where not attacking me, but i had 1 million in ODD to prove otherwise) before i got tired and quit for worlds 33/34.

World 30: Joined a newb tribe that got into a war, that was 3-4 months ago when the world started.... I was once again thought to be a leader, because of my past experience, so when the war broke out i was attacked by about 30 players and rimmed by gicusan (who was in my 10X10). I made some really poor decisions....

The turn around:
World 33: Rather then joining a tribe I had friends in, I started, then waited a few weeks, watched tribes and players i knew of. Then joined a tribe and just went with my friends from there. Ended up attacked by reaperised, and got some intel that AI had planned to make me his first noble target. I got another player to start attacking and catting AI, and then sent 1/2 of my axe at him with some LC and I think some siege. Managed nothing more then stunting both players, and probably tribes growth. (To AI: That attack wasn't personal, it was cause of the intel, sorry, just sending a message not to mess with me.)

ha, i remember you xD

your friend or w/e got catted and restarted.

then you basicly suicided your O as well, if i sent my O on you instead of petra, you couldve gotten ownt Xd

DeletedUser

ha, i remember you xD

your friend or w/e got catted and restarted.

then you basicly suicided your O as well, if i sent my O on you instead of petra, you couldve gotten ownt Xd

I only sent about 1/3 of my troop at AI, and that was after taking out reaperised, who made it clear I either had to take him out or he was going to take me out. So I choose to take him out. Put myself in 1st ODA for like a 2 weeks. Could get back there but it would cost to man troop and they build so slow there....

And my "friend" was actually my first noble target, I just pointed out to him that if i fell he would then fall rather quickly to evolve. He responded quite well to this and was more then happy to "clear" his village for me. :D

DeletedUser

I only sent about 1/3 of my troop at AI, and that was after taking out reaperised, who made it clear I either had to take him out or he was going to take me out. So I choose to take him out. Put myself in 1st ODA for like a 2 weeks. Could get back there but it would cost to man troop and they build so slow there....

And my "friend" was actually my first noble target, I just pointed out to him that if i fell he would then fall rather quickly to evolve. He responded quite well to this and was more then happy to "clear" his village for me. :D

Lies, it was your full nuke xD

DeletedUser

mikepc said:
and got some intel that AI had planned to make me his first noble target.

Zomg. Her. HER first noble target! And that wasn't true. That other guy was gonna be my first target. Which... didn't work out quite as I planned, but m'happy as things are. :icon_twisted:

mikepc said:
... AI, and then sent 1/2 of my axe at him with some LC and I think some siege. Managed nothing more then stunting both players, and probably tribes growth.

Hahah. Yeah. 'Preciated, too. Think I'm still recovering. And it was like what, a month ago? Damn slow speed. :icon_rolleyes:
(Again, her.)

mikepc said:
(To AI: That attack wasn't personal, it was cause of the intel, sorry, just sending a message not to mess with me.)

Smirk. Water under the bridge. You're not even on my radar anymore. Mr Men for the lose. :icon_twisted:

(Er, and because I'm certain people are positively enthralled by... W33 rot that neither concerns nor amuses them in any way.. don't take it personally if you reply about any of this, and I don't reply back. And if you and IYA could possibly desist in arguing about whether you sent all or part of your troops, that'd be awesome. :icon_rolleyes: Does it really matter here? We were both set back regardless. n00b beginnings topics ftw!)

And so this ends back on topic:

Hah. Nice work, nice work. Did you get a pretty picture on the map, at least?

DeletedUser44836

Not sure if i could call myself L33T or a Pro.:icon_razz:

But here goes with my noob story.

Started in W17, joined the first tribe i got invited to. somehow managed to talk my way into being duke of the tribe (i just liked the fact i could say i was a duke) pointwhored my way to 3 villages (yes all of them barbs)

I then got attacked and used all 300 spears 400 swords and about 500 axes in my defence.... needless to say that turned into a EPIC FAIL. I quit the world the next day.

DeletedUser15106

Hahah. Those were the days. Trout, anyone?
I still prefer IRC to skype but everyone else seems to like Skype these days :icon_cry:
That's so true. It just becomes part of the overall screen setup. There should be flashing lights and ... stuff ... when the attack actually gets anywhere close by. >)
QFT. Every attack you get should start off with little crossed swords, then start flashing, then it should beep crazily when the attack is 5 minutes away. The a minute before, the whole screen should go red.

DeletedUser

Wouldn't that be more then a little annoying if you had thousands of incomming attacks?