Napoli.

DeletedUser

speedpaint_by_napoli_twforum-d4uqwxl.png

DeletedUser

Some good stuff here, forums seem to have raised in graphic design.

DeletedUser

Haha thankyou, but ectually I'm from the dutch tribalwars forum ;)

DeletedUser

Haha thankyou..

I'm on both forums now (A)
Show some of your works? :D

DeletedUser

I meant, last time I was here, there weren't as many people posting here..

DeletedUser81336

Ah, you seem to be really nice.

I like my buddy Napoli.

First statement: Probably the dumbest thing you could ever think/say.
Second statement: It's nice to know there's at least one person out there.

DeletedUser

yes oscar thinks he's cool because he can hate/flames people xD

DeletedUser

I don't know if I have posted these in the critique thread already? But I'll post them here anyways.

Derdedigipaintv3.png

zeldav2.png

wipjev3.png

Starttag.png

startscifitag.png

Newtag.png

bol.png
-> Try out for digipaint colouring, Shadow sucks :p
Bokeh.png
-> sucks xD

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
startscifitag.png

Im not usually a fan of your style, you do it really well, just not my cup of tea - this however is my favorite piece you've done. Does show a bit of versatility and I love the color usage.

Undead Billy Mays

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Now that I've got some time I want to dig into your work :icon_cool:

[spoil]
Derdedigipaintv3.png
[/spoil]

I understand you do a lot of digital painting and your technique is very good. Your design is not. The horse is done near masterfully. You captured the motion, position, and tones in a way that makes you believe the horse is running. Unfortunately its running out of the bottom left hand corner. The bottom back hoof hits a very awkward position on the painting where its just slightly off the bottom. Either commit or stay away from the outside edges of a painting. I find the background very unfitting for the detail in the horse. I think you could have layered the sand about twice as high with more contrast but not overbearing. The water has no point there other than to draw the viewer in the wrong direction based on its color similarity with the sky. I like the way you have done the clouds. Overall the visual is very unbalanced with loads of potential.

[spoil]
wipjev3.png
[/spoil]

Lose the girl. The painted circular face adds an interruption in the flow of this piece. The background (assumed its a digipaint of yours) is fantastic. The flow, lines, dark rage to it is more than enough to carry the work.

[spoil]
zeldav2.png
[/spoil]

Probably your worst one up here. The background doesn't fit the link render at all. Part of it is the b/w - the zelda logo is horribly placed.

[spoil]
Bokeh.png
[/spoil]

Hottness, Your background doesnt take precedence over your focal. Color usage is great, i love the darkness in it.

All things considered, you know your not my favorite designer but that doesn't take away the talent you have in your work. Some i like alot, some i think that if you had a little more design training (the same way you think i need sig training :icon_biggrin:) then you will put out 10/10s everytime. Hope you dont take any of these comments too negatively as I am not perfection incarnate by any stretch. They are meant to sway you towards some art "truths".

DeletedUser

Thank you for all those comments :p

About the horse digipaint:
Personally I'm really happy with the horse :D But I wanted to draw an oase behind it, because it had just drinked there. Unfortunately I fail at drawing trees and stuff like that, so I never finished it..
Also, why the horse isn't really on it's place in the piece is because my fail shadow I guess xD

About the girl tag:
It isn't really a digipaint, it's more a kind of smudge. :p But yeah, I made it from scratch (except for the girl, I only painted on her face xD)

About Zelda:
Well, what can I say :p I did it in black&white because I'm not good at smudging in colours, than I would have ruined it by my fail colour smudge. ^^
I like that render though :(

About hottness tag xD:
This was made for an sotw with theme: Bokeh. Didn't get any vote :p

Ofcourse I don't take these comments negatively. At least you take the time to react on me in a normal, polite way :D
I think we just started wrong when I came on this forum xD

And yeah, I'm not really photoshopping anymore, not active.. But I like to comment on others work on the dutch tribalwars forum :)