Nature's Elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Could we please get back onto topic of 300 spartans and Greece please it is much more interesting.

*puts chin in hands and elbows on couter listening intently*

In greece if someone calls you Ephialtes or says you are acted like Ephialtes it is a very bad thing. Ephialtes is the name of the Spartan traitor that gave Xerxes the information about the other route in exchange for fame and riches. It is now used as a name to call people that are traitors/backstabbers.

Little fun fact for you. Much more interesting than this actual topic.

DeletedUser

Another fun fat in Sparta, Veteran Spartan Masters would take some of their younger soldiers and "adulter" them so they would better protect their brothers in arms.

Fun Fact :eek:

DeletedUser

Just because you are killing their troops doesnt mean you are winning the war. To put this into prospective Sparta had 300 people. Yes, they killed WAY more than 300 persians, but as we all know they still lost. Show us a good 5-10 village OP in a 24 hour period and we might all just change our minds about ELM. Until then, you guys are getting beat up by a family tribe >.< and frankly thats a bit embarrassing.

Ok I have to post about family tribes....I think people talk them down not because most of them suck....but because if the become very good, everyone else will struggle big time. look at W2 TW(the original guy), look W28 (drink beer vodka), family tribes can be very dominating if put together right....now i will admite it doesn't happen offeten, but when it does no one likes them decause you have a family working as one.......then opponents have to get help...and of course they dont play as one.

Now I will say TRI is no where near those top great family tribes.....yet ;)

Nothing but good family loving going on...aint that right ELM ;)

And yes ELM may be killing off some troops but come on...you guys are getting crushed......your nobling barbs faster than I have seen anyone do in a while...hahahha. and dont forget TRI is fighting like 5 different wars (dont know the true number because so many new ones every day seems like)...so no, not everyone is even worried about you guys. otherwise ELM would have been gone already....and you can bank on that.

DeletedUser

I think the reason people hate family tribes (as well as the reason that i do) is because they are exploiting a limitation on the world. If the world has a tribal recruitment limit of 1000 there would be no need for a family tribe at all because you could all run scared and hide behind your 1000 members being the most number dominant tribe out there. However, with worlds that have limits set at 80 or 100, you find the need to have more members because you aren't confident enough in your own abilities so you make 4 family tribes so that it can be 400 vs 100. You hide behind numbers not only because your players suck on an individual level but also because you feel more secure having 399 terrible "allies" than you do with 50 some strong "allies".

Also don't tell me that the average member in a family tribe has skill on an above average level because i know for a fact most villages are mixed and barb nobling is the dominant form of caps

DeletedUser71940

I think the reason people hate family tribes (as well as the reason that i do) is because they are exploiting a limitation on the world. If the world has a tribal recruitment limit of 1000 there would be no need for a family tribe at all because you could all run scared and hide behind your 1000 members being the most number dominant tribe out there. However, with worlds that have limits set at 80 or 100, you find the need to have more members because you aren't confident enough in your own abilities so you make 4 family tribes so that it can be 400 vs 100. You hide behind numbers not only because your players suck on an individual level but also because you feel more secure having 399 terrible "allies" than you do with 50 some strong "allies".

Also don't tell me that the average member in a family tribe has skill on an above average level because i know for a fact most villages are mixed and barb nobling is the dominant form of caps

There must be another reason, there are familly tribes on the world 37, and the tribe limit is 500 on it :icon_confused:

DeletedUser

In greece if someone calls you Ephialtes or says you are acted like Ephialtes it is a very bad thing. Ephialtes is the name of the Spartan traitor that gave Xerxes the information about the other route in exchange for fame and riches. It is now used as a name to call people that are traitors/backstabbers.

Little fun fact for you. Much more interesting than this actual topic.
You are completely right ;).And Ephialtes means nightmare in english,just so that everyone who might be interested in it knows.

EDIT:The bad thing with family tribes is the reason they operate;all for one and this one for himself,usually the leader.And other than their family,they also have 43489 allies and 428194 NAPs.

DeletedUser

Basically. If there were more than 1 dominant family tribe in a world, then there would be nothing but hugs. Those 2 big families would have a NAP because they would be equally afraid of each other and they would try and recruit their way above the other family. I could see 2 seperate family tribes with about 4-5 branches a piece all near max member limit.

DeletedUser71940

Basically. If there were more than 1 dominant family tribe in a world, then there would be nothing but hugs. Those 2 big families would have a NAP because they would be equally afraid of each other and they would try and recruit their way above the other family. I could see 2 seperate family tribes with about 4-5 branches a piece all near max member limit.

Check out W18, It's a familly fest, one of them has more than half a world domination I think.

DeletedUser

Regarding Family tribes My opinion.

I have come from one of the largest family tribes in TW history on world 12...FEMA

It failed. We used several strategies but in the end it was people not doing what they were supposed to be doing that killed us. There is not enough control when you have 1 predominate tribe trying to govern 3 branches that are not as skilled.

Then having leadership sitting an account in each of the branches if you do not have good enough players to run a tribe in it. Very time consuming.

In the end we had 4 branches one full of inactives...one academy one sister that could stand on it's own but was still protected from core wars because the main tribe was always on the front line. The main tribe was awesome and won every war it was in by attrition (other side calling it quits then disbanding) or by caps. Except the last one with DNY. We had the numbers and the power and out numbered them 3 players to 1. What happened you ask?

out of 286 players vs 90

50 of our players did not even play anymore and we were trying to get their villages into the tribe. 50 did not know there was an end war going on

Now it is 186 vs 90

80 of our players tried to ignore the fact that there was a war for survival going on and did their own things.

now it is 106 vs 90

45 players did not ignore the war but did not really participate in it as they were still doing other things as well. This is also where the spies were and where people ran from the tribe or joined the enemy.

now we have 61 vs 90

problem is it was 61 spread out among 3 different tribes.

so you have 30 in main tribe and 21 in sister tribe and 10 in academy tribe taking the war seriously. Sharing forums was something brand new at this time as well so it helped but still we were spread out over 15 continents where as the #1 tribe was concentrated in the core...much easier to coordinate with each other.

Family tribes = FAIL I did my best to prove it wrong and guess what. coordination, communication, and good timing will beat numbers any day especially with intimidation.

DeletedUser

very nice info on family tribes thanks to all. I see a little more why now.

DeletedUser

Interesting story Shadowzilla. Highlights the issue with family tribes very well.

In my opinion the issues with family tribes boil down to two key problems, skills drain and communication problems. Essentially with too many members you inherinantly have too many lower standard members. Lets face it if you have 300 member spaces to fill compared to the next tribes 100 you will probably be less stringent on recruitment, leading to worse member average than a regular tribe.

A lot of family tribes come about from two existing tribes joining together, which means the existing leadership of either tribe is often still in position in their respective tribes. Only at the best of times can this be a cohesive leadership, at the worst you still have 2 distinctly different tribes.

DeletedUser

family tribes usually go down also i think because as stated....familys usually start from 2 or more tribes merge.....after a while they noble out the inactive and poor players....going from 3-4 tribes to 1-2 over a period of time.....I think thats correct.

DeletedUser

we can make through the war more members will join we need to think of a big booooooom:icon_smile: big plan

DeletedUser

Actually it isn't a myth. Back in 5th Century B.C there was a Spartan Military king named Leonidas who lead a small force of Spartans to defend the pass of Thermopylae against the Persians. The problem with the movie and history is the side differential. Yes, there were only 300 spartans. No, it wasn't 300 vs 250,000. Spartans sent 300 warriors, Thespians send 700, Arcadians sent 1000, as well as the other greek cities sending troops to muster up around 7700 warriors. Besides that the movie 300 is quite accurate.

That_kid_in_the_corner.jpg

But seriously guys, if you want to discuss the 300 spartans do it in it's own thread plox (make it in the general section, of course) :3

If you guys go more offtopic and it might get messy :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

That_kid_in_the_corner.jpg

But seriously guys, if you want to discuss the 300 spartans do it in it's own thread plox (make it in the general section, of course) :3

If you guys go more offtopic and it might get messy :icon_wink:

epic pic :icon_wink: but imo I think this thread is dead it's just for spam now :icon_confused:

DeletedUser13939

Not my fault everybody would rather go off-topic and insult me rather that act like intelligent beings. :\

DeletedUser

Not my fault everybody would rather go off-topic and insult me rather that act like intelligent beings. :\

Me: (bunch of pretty words) (some more pretty words) (even more pretty words) You guys are getting absolutely demolished.

Dwarven King: But but but (some weird sentences about how you are starting to fight back and posting of a few of the defenses that you guys actually succeeded at)

Everyone else: No one cares, you are still losing

Shards: This thread is going no where *locks*

This is how i see the next page or so of this topic.

Deleted User - 4669627

wow, this has gone on for far too long

why are we even discussing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.