Necessity of forum?

DeletedUser

What exactly is the rationale for this forum? Usually we would use the main forum for such threads. Most threads which don't directly relate to W14, such as the "Teenage Influence" thread that was moved here, still have some relevance to the world which would warrant their presence there. It isn't like the main forum is so flooded that we need to divide between the PnP threads and the other threads. Do you intend to make the main forum for only PnP? From what I can tell all this does is unnecessarily split up the forum and makes the forums more difficult to navigate, which is only going to result in decreased participation.

o great one

This is the W14 General discussion thread - so things like teenagers playing games would apply here. It does not relate to tribes and in game play which should be the real purpose of the PnP forums.

How can it be more difficult to navigate. It shows on the same overview page.
By offering gerneral discussion, we have allowed a free flow of conversation that does not necessarily apply to in game and W14 issues. This way you can talk to each other without fear of being infracted for going off topic or posting random things.

These changes were made across all TW forums, not just W14.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

That thread was specifically about teenagers playing TW and the impact that teenagers have made on W14. A number of references were made to teenagers who are/were players or leaders on W14.

It isn't more difficult for me to navigate. But there are a lot of other people who read the forums. Most read and don't post. Those people may only have a passing interest in reading the forums and when you make it less accessible and more difficult to sort through you'll find that there's a lot less participation. For example I've had difficulty getting my tribe members (not on W14) to use Skype or external forums because unless they really want to communicate and be involved they aren't going to do it. I found that the best way to do it was just to give them very clear directions and make it very accessible for them so that without much effort they could be involved.

There are also already General and Off Topic forums - just not ones specifically for W14, at least until now.

DeletedUser

maybe this part should be renamed Off-topic section for w14 :)

DeletedUser

No, because that would imply that you can spam without repercussions.

DeletedUser

As much i apreaciate being given something.
To split people attention in 2 places dont make them read more.
Is like in game forum.Too many sections, they tend to ignore some.

DeletedUser

As much i apreaciate being given something.
To split people attention in 2 places dont make them read more.
Is like in game forum.Too many sections, they tend to ignore some.

Quite possibly the most intelligent thing you've ever said.

DeletedUser

Lets avoid flaming here.
I like it, as im bored most of the time now, that i dont mint coins for my account by hand,
but lets behave nice for moderators :)

Jirki88

Administrator
Tribal Wars Team
Community Management
Reaction score
Nobody actually forces you to share up your attention. It's voluntarily.