New Awards Thread

DeletedUser

Since everyone was going off-topic in the last thread (partly my fault for being unclear about what the topic was), I'll make a new thread, and we can get a fresh start.

Here we are giving people made-up awards for being the best or worst at something ingame or on the forums (although, no awards that are insulting, inappropriate, or otherwise break the forum rules).

Feel free to discuss the awards themselves - you do not necessarily have to give someone an award for it to be on-topic.
To discuss tribes, players, posters, ingame events, etc., you must relate it to an award you or someone else have given. So, for example, if someone gives an award for being the worst leader, you can agree with that, disagree with that, or ask why that person is the worst leader. You can suggest other worst leaders. You cannot begin to flame that person's tribe. You cannot devote your post simply to flaming the leader, either. You must explain why he is the worst leader if you have given him that award, and you must keep your posts related to that or another award.

Sound simple enough? Probably not. Oh well. I tried. If you have any questions about what's on-topic, feel free to PM me and I'll try to explain.

You can make up any award you like, so long as it follows the forum rules (and is relevant to something ingame or on the forums). Here's a basic template to get you started - feel free to add on to, or remove from it.

Best Player:
Most Overrated Player:
Most Underrated Player:
Best Tribe:
Most Overrated Tribe:
Most Underrated Tribe:
Best Leader:
Most Overrated Leader:
Most Underrated Leader:
Best Tribemate:
Best Forum Poster:
Lamest Forum Poster:
Best COA In-Game:
Best Forum Signature:

Last edited by a moderator:

crimsoni

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Think we can we add Best Tribemate to that list? That'd be an interesting award.

DeletedUser

Done, now give people awards dammit! :icon_razz:

Kidding, meta-discussions about what awards to give are fine.

darkx

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Can you add the award "All that power"? It'll be specifically for players who we think has the most power

DeletedUser

Best Player: Sir Phoenix (basing this purely on who I've come into contact with)
Most Overrated Player: Vemork
Most Underrated Player: Drluminus (with Lord Zone as a co)
Best Tribe: Contra (proved ourselves very well I think, no one else has had to do so yet)
Most Overrated Tribe: GLORY
Most Underrated Tribe: Apathy
Best Leader: Mayhem. (NS likely wouldnt be there)
Most Overrated Leader: --
Most Underrated Leader: --
Best Tribemate: Drluminus/Lord Zone (sniping machines)
Best Forum Poster: Jace
Lamest Forum Poster: Choco Death
Best COA In-Game: Mine has a lot of swag attached to it :D
Best Forum Signature: --

DeletedUser

Worse tribe mate = crimsoni

HAHAHAH this is hilarious saying your duke is the worst tribe mate hahahahaaa nice one darkx

Best Player: Aubrey
Most Overrated Player: Muldie
Most Underrated Player: vemork
Best Tribe: GLORY
Most Overrated Tribe: Contra
Most Underrated Tribe: Dr.No
Best Leader: cwburke
Most Overrated Leader: Crimsoni
Most Underrated Leader: Almurph
Best Tribemate: Aubrey
Best Forum Poster: Nuking Madman
Lamest Forum Poster: Crimsoni
Best COA In-Game: Not sure
Best Forum Signature: Not sure

DeletedUser

HAHAHAH this is hilarious saying your duke is the worst tribe mate hahahahaaa nice one darkx

Best Player: Aubrey
Most Overrated Player: Muldie
Most Underrated Player: vemork
Best Tribe: GLORY
Most Overrated Tribe: Contra
Most Underrated Tribe: Dr.No
Best Leader: cwburke
Most Overrated Leader: Crimsoni
Most Underrated Leader: Almurph
Best Forum Poster: Nuking Madman
Lamest Forum Poster: Crimsoni
Best COA In-Game: Not sure
Best Forum Signature: Not sure

The akward moment when I see this:

Whats your ingame?

DeletedUser92753

Best Player: Captain Noble. Worked his way into top 10 with only 6 internals and staying active in NS wars from start to finish.

Most Overrated Player: There is no one that is often claimed to be good enough where I know they are less than what they claim to be. So, I'd have to leave this blank for now.

Most Underrated Player: drluminus. Top 5 player despite Contra's predicament. Yet, almost never see him get a mention.

Best Tribe:I honestly could not pick a best tribe right now. I'm very happy that there are many tribes to chose from. It promises to be an exciting world once everything heats up.

Most Overrated Tribe: Music! gets mentioned a few times, but I'm not sold yet. Lets see how they do in the coming weeks.

Most Underrated Tribe: Apathy has been very quiet and growing well. and Vibe were much talked about during the bAd! fiasco, which leaves Apathy as one of the smaller tribes who also boast high averages per player without enough recognition in my view.
Best Leader: Well I only have experience playing with Mayhem on this world. But as a layman, I'd say Apathy has done a good job. Success against top tribes with coordination among members and keeping a small member tribe out of potential gang-bangs.

Most Overrated Leader: I don't know of a leader who has been put on a pedestal that doesn't deserve it.

Most Underrated Leader: Crimsoni and the Contra staff. I don't think they get enough credit for dealing with their situation than they deserve.

Best Forum Poster: sp.ag and bluetattoo :)

hurod

Best Player: Turtle Soup
Most Overrated Player: Counting Stars
Most Underrated Player: Royalist
Best Tribe: Apathy
Most Overrated Tribe: NS
Most Underrated Tribe: Apathy
Best Leader: Piano Man
Most Overrated Leader: Muldie
Most Underrated Leader:
Best Tribemate: Basid
Best Forum Poster: Dawolf

DeletedUser

Best Player: im liking Muldie right now
Most Overrated Player: Twitch or CS.
Most Underrated Player: Eh...theres a bunch. From personal experience, probally Tomsky comes to mind.
Best Tribe: Apathy and Music
Most Overrated Tribe: Venus
Most Underrated Tribe: w2v. Resistant lot :p
Best Leader: no comment.
Most Overrated Leader: Not really sure on this one, no one has really struck me as "overrated". most of the crappy ones were universally considered crappy
Most Underrated Leader: Al. People give him a lot of shit, but Music owes a lot to the way he runs things backstage, especially diplomacy.
Best Tribemate: again, can only speak for Music, but Tomsky, Risharks and Xman182 are the three whose company, support and cooperation ive enjoyed the most.
Best Forum Poster: I enjoyed Azazel Aziz's posts on w65 immensely, but they seem to be very few now :( Now that ive learned to control the butthurt, and take him with a grain of salt, Choco is definatly entertaining.
Lamest Forum Poster: Counting Stars
Best COA In-Game: who cares
Best Forum Signature: Although i disagree with what he says a lot, Crim's siggy is really simple, neat, and visually appealing.

DeletedUser

Most Underrated Leader: Crimsoni and the Contra staff. I don't think they get enough credit for dealing with their situation than they deserve.

How can you possibly be saying this? First of all at the start of the world contra was rated as the best tribe in the world assuming people rated because of the leadership group.

The only thing crimsoni and his staff have done right, was stick with inexperienced tribes and get rid of AimLow.

After that part, they got the other things wrong.

GOML should have been declared on while using BwQ.

Right after Aimlow was done GOML needed to go, to prevent contra from being suffocated by GOML and their noble claims. So instead of NS getting the war spoils from GOML, contra would have had that area pretty much secured while they would have BwQ on the other half of the continent. NS would have had it a lot tougher as Contra would be the one on the front foot.

Nap with MoM should have been changed to an Alliance.

This needed to be done around the nobling stage with some guidelines set in stone, like a simple border of where each tribe can and cant noble with the usual guidelines between two allies. Everyone knows MoM doesn't play a big factor in this world so Crimsoni should have used them to his advantage making them a "meat shield" while they still played. So all the focus would be put into south K55. This means that those dumb Anon recruits should have never been taken in which would mean they would most likely been MoM villages. Which would also mean Apathy wouldn't have been near Contra making it a rather safe backline.

Recruiting Randoms without any research.

During the early stage contra recruited who ever asked to join and thats how their forums got exposed and their reputation ruined, making them a laughing stock pretty much, their recruitment needed to be a lot lot better and it needed to make sense rather then having members in 6 different continents at one stage. They should have kept it within K55 and done when it could be seen that players know what they are doing. Eg Few GOML recruits (to get prepared faster for NS).

To me the above stuff is pretty much why contra is failing, which also tells me that Crimsoni has done a terrible job at leading the tribe and instead of being a "feared" tribe, they are pretty much being food. (can be seen from their losses everyday).

So "Crimsoni and contra staff" were/are well overrated instead of underrated. I am rather surprised with the lack of thought and research they have put in for the actions they have done throughout the world.

If you say they are doing great for not disbanding yet, well their core players are not being targeted and most of the other players don't have a place to go. I am sure if NS were to ask all the ex BwQ members to join them they wouldn't be thinking twice.Now if someone wants me to teach them how to be a good duke dont be shy to mail me

joshuaa36

How can you possibly be saying this? First of all at the start of the world contra was rated as the best tribe in the world assuming people rated because of the leadership group.

The only thing crimsoni and his staff have done right, was stick with inexperienced tribes and get rid of AimLow.

After that part, they got the other things wrong.

GOML should have been declared on while using BwQ.

Right after Aimlow was done GOML needed to go, to prevent contra from being suffocated by GOML and their noble claims. So instead of NS getting the war spoils from GOML, contra would have had that area pretty much secured while they would have BwQ on the other half of the continent. NS would have had it a lot tougher as Contra would be the one on the front foot.

Nap with MoM should have been changed to an Alliance.

This needed to be done around the nobling stage with some guidelines set in stone, like a simple border of where each tribe can and cant noble with the usual guidelines between two allies. Everyone knows MoM doesn't play a big factor in this world so Crimsoni should have used them to his advantage making them a "meat shield" while they still played. So all the focus would be put into south K55. This means that those dumb Anon recruits should have never been taken in which would mean they would most likely been MoM villages. Which would also mean Apathy wouldn't have been near Contra making it a rather safe backline.

Recruiting Randoms without any research.

During the early stage contra recruited who ever asked to join and thats how their forums got exposed and their reputation ruined, making them a laughing stock pretty much, their recruitment needed to be a lot lot better and it needed to make sense rather then having members in 6 different continents at one stage. They should have kept it within K55 and done when it could be seen that players know what they are doing. Eg Few GOML recruits (to get prepared faster for NS).

To me the above stuff is pretty much why contra is failing, which also tells me that Crimsoni has done a terrible job at leading the tribe and instead of being a "feared" tribe, they are pretty much being food. (can be seen from their losses everyday).

So "Crimsoni and contra staff" were/are well overrated instead of underrated. I am rather surprised with the lack of thought and research they have put in for the actions they have done throughout the world.

If you say they are doing great for not disbanding yet, well their core players are not being targeted and most of the other players don't have a place to go. I am sure if NS were to ask all the ex BwQ members to join them they wouldn't be thinking twice.Now if someone wants me to teach them how to be a good duke dont be shy to mail me

Mate why you hating on Crim.

Although im born and bred NS. You try leading a tribe who is practically on a 4 sided war and still surviving. Dont get me wrong they wont last much longer, hats off to them so far.

Oh and we dont recruit everyone.

DeletedUser95593

It's not as if he inherited the tribe when it was being hit on 4 sides, he did get them into that mess...

sp.ag

Most Underrated Leader: Al. People give him a lot of shit, but Music owes a lot to the way he runs things backstage, especially diplomacy.

Ill have to call you out on this my friend, I have enough skype convo's to prove that he really doesnt give two elephants about diplomacy otherwise he wouldn't handle half the stuff he does how he does.