New Awards

DeletedUser

Whats your opinion?

Personally, I like them, theres alot of very interesting awards out there. Also, when a game first starts, you can feel good about how you have an award already :)

MichielK

I'm a bit confused about what the new awards are and how you earn them, but in general I support the addition of more awards. I've had a good look at the full awards list on new worlds, and feel they're a nice extra feature that'll keep me more interested :)

DeletedUser

Level 4 Market guru is a cheating Award.

Im not exactly fond of the new awards, i see very little point in them; the only awards that matter these days are:

Attacker of the day
Defender of the day
Plunderer of the day
Great power of the day

Apart form those i see little need for any of the others.. :icon_wink:

MichielK

Level 4 Market guru is a cheating Award.

Im not exactly fond of the new awards, i see very little point in them; the only awards that matter these days are:

Attacker of the day
Defender of the day
Plunderer of the day
Great power of the day

Apart form those i see little need for any of the others.. :icon_wink:

Unless I'm mistaken, the newer worlds have, among other things, an award for troops killed while supporting tribemates. IMO, that's a brilliant award, since it'll give credit to the selfless tribe-first players.

DeletedUser

This world now has that award as well, although i agree with the concept of the award and will agree with you that it does show who is actively helping the fronts. The flaw being that i could send out 1 defensive village broken up into hundreds of groups and scatter them throughout someones front line and if they were to be mass faked i would get all the reports stating "your support has been attacked" and still get the award having only sent out 1 defensive village.

If the award was redesigned slightly to incorporate only those times that you loose support aiding the frontlines i would be more inclined to agree with you. As it stands right now i disagree because of the flaw that fakes will count as you having supported the front.

If C2 were to throw 3k fakes at one village, i would simply have to send 1 spear to add to the stack and i would have the 3k award overnight having actually done nothing..

MichielK

This world now has that award as well, although i agree with the concept of the award and will agree with you that it does show who is actively helping the fronts. The flaw being that i could send out 1 defensive village broken up into hundreds of groups and scatter them throughout someones front line and if they were to be mass faked i would get all the reports stating "your support has been attacked" and still get the award having only sent out 1 defensive village.

If the award was redesigned slightly to incorporate only those times that you loose support aiding the frontlines i would be more inclined to agree with you. As it stands right now i disagree because of the flaw that fakes will count as you having supported the front.

If C2 were to throw 3k fakes at one village, i would simply have to send 1 spear to add to the stack and i would have the 3k award overnight having actually done nothing..

Now now, that's more than some of your tribemates do :icon_wink:

Sorry, couldn't resist! I agree with your criticism of the mechanics of it, but I choose to accept an imperfect solution to no solution at all :)

Fug Nut

Actually the one I find particularly stupid is the Beloved Friend one because for the life of me I can't find my friends list any more.

Edit. Of course I found it the second I posted this :p

DeletedUser

^ Yah its a bad award, on w55 all people do is spam every single person for freind, so that they can be happy when they have 3 awards at 100 points