new discussion,

DeletedUser

i remember reading about some group of men that wanted to change the age of consent to about 14 or 12 is it me or is that just a little bit wrong on so many levels ? and this being a game thats marketed at many people young and old, isn't there steps in place to stop this sort of thing happening or those people using tribal wars as a tool like they have been with face book ?

only it does make me wonder some times about an account i know of being played by an older guy in his 30's and a much younger player, who is in his mid teens. it just worries me thats all.

darkaniken2

I personally believe the legal age should be 16, but I may be a bit biased. However, 12 and even 14 is too young.

DeletedUser

in the uk the legal age is 16, but even then i think 16year olds are irresponsible

DeletedUser

The 16 year age of consent is fine, that is pretty much what it is all over the USA to my knowledge too. Any younger is stupid.

Now regardless what the age of consent is..if the guys you were talking about try to have relations with a minor they can still get in trouble. Even though the age of consent is 16..an adult still has to watch out for the 18 and over only thing.

So in other words..they need to look for women their own age, there are plenty of them.

Now High Contrast..you talking about old guys..heck I am one of those old guys myself..... grrrrr.

Red

DeletedUser

wel it just seems to me you never hear of young people abusing minors thats all - im not stereotyping all you older players into that one category - but there must be some form of percentage of tw player that is bad - i mean theres millions of people who play this game world wide, not just on .net - of that, there must be a proportion with bad thoughts in there heads.

take britain for example there is a polulation of 60 million but yet thousands of people are convicted - thats got to be a rate of maybe 100 per 100,000 people are bad eggs.

that makes around 60,000 of the population at least 60,000 people that should be wiped of the face of the earth in my eyes.

DeletedUser

Did you mean me there Benny? :p

well i didnt wanna say it adam, but i think dizz is grooming you live on the internet - i know its a bad thought n all that but seriously, stop sending him pictures mate, after what he said to me i got all worried, he said somthing about wanting to smash you in being a young prepubescent teen n all that i fear for your safety sometimes

DeletedUser

well i didnt wanna say it adam, but i think dizz is grooming you live on the internet - i know its a bad thought n all that but seriously, stop sending him pictures mate, after what he said to me i got all worried, he said somthing about wanting to smash you in being a young prepubescent teen n all that i fear for your safety sometimes

Reminds me of someone... :lol:

DruidEarth

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
In the US, it ranges from 14 to 18 depending on the state, but it's 16 in most places. It's usually the same age for males and females, with a few exceptions.
Source: http://www.avert.org/age-of-consent.htm

Personally, I think the notion of an age of consent is silly. People mature at very different rates. Some people are emotionally and mentally ready for sex long before they reach the age of consent where they live, and other people aren't. I understand why it exists, and its necessity for discouraging abuse of minors, but... Ah, there's not really any perfect solution to this. >.< In my opinion, everyone in the world should just be responsible and sensible so that we don't need to implement laws. :icon_biggrin:

If it's safe, fun, and consensual, I think it should be legal.

DeletedUser

Some people just shouldn't reproduce though..

^ this.

In my state in Australia the legal age of consent for anything butt buttsecks is 16. Legal age for buttsecks is 18, even though that's relatively unenforceable.

Ages of consent are decent here, if its younger its bad, and if its older its not going to stop a lot, and its not going to do a lot either.

DeletedUser

Youngest girl pregnant was a 12yo in Japan I believe.. Check Guinness records o_O

EDIT: Scratch that, I googled it, 5yo peruvian girl. Messed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser85711

Lol, as I finished reading this the news said something about a pastor seeking young males.

DeletedUser

I live in England, where the legal age is 16. I think this is appropriate. I wouldn't go any lower but I don't think it's necessary to go higher. But I really don't think the legal age is respected by teenagers (even I'm guilty of that :icon_redface:)

If it's safe, fun, and consensual, I think it should be legal.

I think the keyword there is safe. I know there's a lot of effort going into teaching about sex education, but the effect it has in my opinion is not as profound as it should be.

Perhaps that's because of the amount of more subtle media promoting sex by dancing around the subject - particularly in popualr television and film where it's mentioned all the time - and the subsequent sexualisation of other forms of media, especially in advertising. I think sex and nudity (on various levels) is something that's thrusted (hur hur) on people so much, it has become a big part of the lives of those who are told they're not allowed to practice it.

They don't practice what they preach. Another hallmark of the main organized Christian religions.

I think that's another discussion entirely :icon_eek: