New Rules Discussion

harlos

So... I've read the "General Discussion" rules, and I don't appear to be breaking a rule posting this..

About the rule keeping anyone from attacking someone with a worse than 20:1 ratio (it was 30:1 until we complained, so it got worse)

These are the types of players this rule helps....

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

These are the types of players this rule hurts....

image.php

image.php

Note from your friendly neighbourhood moderator:
No staffbashing and this'll stay open.
/typh.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yet TW constantly sends there copy and paste responses claiming this rule ONLY helps those poor new guys who are too small to defend themselves.

"Farm a player your own size" What is that supposed to mean when you have 30k points? or 100K points? or 1 million points? It means those who farm are being told they can not do what is an integril part of TW. It means that because ALL of us HAD to Learn this game by playing and OH Gasp getting rimmed and farmed that it has suddenly become an unfair way to learn to play the game.

DeletedUser

The mod who closed the discussion thread:
On topic: Pick on someone bigger, they're better farms anyway

We have rules in place to dictate how we can and can't play the game, and what's legal. Why tell us how to play it the game? Many of us do hit the bigger farms as well as the smaller farms. I've got a 800 point player farm who has a level 16 warehouse, and level 18 resources. Over night it produces 30k of each resource. Why would I not want to hit it? Besides, I catapulted 3/4's of my farms down to these point levels because this rule wasn't in place until 12 hours ago. Now I've basically screwed myself, instead of leaving them at 3k point farms.

And as for bigger farms. Have you ever seen a 5k point farm? Every noob and their brother has noobles in transit to it right now, there's no such thing. They don't exist, they are a fairytale.

Directly from your submitting a support ticket for breach of rules:
Someone is attacking me too often
There is no limit to the amount of attacks that are allowed on another player. No player will be banned or warned because of a high number of attacks. There are a lot of tips in the Wiki that help you avoid being attacked and fight your way out of the situation again.

This obviously doesn't relate directly to this issue, but clearly TW has deemed any attacks on another player 'fair' (aside from 4 attacks under .150), and the alternative for people was to research on how to get better.
So why now the change in heart? New players need to be given a chance?

DeletedUser2119

This is by far the worst move i have seen by a TW team in all my years of playing.

Tribal designers its moves liek thses that take a classic dominating game that has some of the best gamers you could ask to play with, and turns it into a swamp infested with kidz and noobs as all the good (paying) gamers will quickly move on to other pastures.

DeletedUser

This rule is given as an advantage to people who don't belong in the core. Thats why they're rimmed and or catapulted, because they're not active enough to be around the people they are around.

Perhaps they should have picked a slower world where they CAN only log in once in a while and not get penalized for it.

Perhaps tw staff should make some "beginner" worlds for noobs to learn. As opposed to screwing over the people who have been playing the game for a LOT longer, and therefore should be rewarded, not penalized for their loyalty as active PAYING customers.

Or do people forget about the paying part of it?

DeletedUser

This is by far the worst move i have seen by a TW team in all my years of playing.

Tribal designers its moves liek thses that take a classic dominating game that has some of the best gamers you could ask to play with, and turns it into a swamp infested with kidz and noobs as all the good (paying) gamers will quickly move on to other pastures.

Listen to the Elder players of this game, TW Staff.

Btw, my poll stands and I will message every leader of every tribe in the top50 maybe top100 about my poll on this rule to tell all their members to vote.

Justice will be served. :icon_twisted:

DeletedUser

Honestly, do you think TW will listen to us?

No they won't. They don't care about the fact people will stop paying for TW on the worlds for this, why should they? They have enough money coming in from other worlds and things that they don't really need to have the money from us.

Its like beating on a dead animal.Nothing good will come of this.

DeletedUser

I looked at the help section and found this setting on every world from 18-32 and on world 7

DeletedUser

i don't intend to buy anymore premium points while this rule is in effect....just wondering if anyone else feels the same way

DeletedUser55760

the only way to make them understand is if everyone refuses to buy premium points, but like that is going to happen, i personaly wont be buying anymore

DeletedUser

it doesn't take everyone....if just a few dozen feel the same (that it is not as fun or just that it is screwed up) then they will see a drop in revenue and that drop is all that it takes

DeletedUser

i don't intend to buy anymore premium points while this rule is in effect....just wondering if anyone else feels the same way

I wont be buying any either...im just glad me and my friend who i'm co-playing for didnt decide to redeem the premium points straight away or it would have been wasted money

Anyway it seems the logic in this new rule seems to be make the game more friendly to total newbies and thus entice them to play more and spend money on premium, in the process of course pissing off the regular paying players with the assumption that these players have been playing this game for so long because they like it and wont all just quit because of the new rule.
The same line of logic was used with companies like banks who would try to hook in new customers with gimicks, of course they are starting to learn to value their existing customers as well as the potential new customers...i hope TW realise this sooner rather than later

DeletedUser

If the rule stays in place no more premium for me :) can manage just fine without it.

Metal Duck

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Funny how they implement this without telling us. I wonder why? Oh yeh because its a load of crap. I for one will not be renewing my premium on this world.

DeletedUser

We already have begginer protection to protect noobies when they start we dont need this as well. Besides as Angacam said getting rimmed can teach people, if they go away and learn from there mistakes.

I cant attack anyone below 6k now, so its going to interfear with nobling as well as farming. :icon_evil: Those players have been on this world as long as me there is no logical reason for me not to be able to fight them.

DeletedUser

well i have 114k....i am being punished for being good at the game...there are 2 players i cleared and took villages from...now i can't finish the job or even farm:(

DeletedUser

If the rule stays in place no more premium for me :) can manage just fine without it.

I do agree this rule is nonsense, WTH?!?!

This is to protect the newbs! what if the player logs onetime a week and does not grow we can't noble him? That sucks..