Failed Vote New Unit: Ballistae

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bluefinz

Reaction score
I am pretty sure long long time ago this troop was to be introduced but it probably got axed, so I'm seeing if I can bring it up again.

A 3rd workshop unit, needing lvl 12/14 smithy and lvl 5 workshop. A gigantic bow of epic proportions meant to defend the walls much more effectively.

Available in archer activated worlds only (if i remember correctly from the proposal long ago).

Wood: 450
Clay: 300
Iron: 400
Population: 6 or 7

Offensive strength: 80
General Defense: 150
Calvary defense: 200

Special Abilities: On a lvl 20 wall it's stats are doubled (this can be purely optional). The other special if i remember someone posted or have proposed was that if ballistae count (defender) is greater than ram or catapult count (attacker) the special ability of ram/cat are negated.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
I will approve this for voting, but please note that a new unit requires a whole new balancing on several levels of the game. It is therefore unlikely that it will be implemented.

Zeddy le mange

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
What would be the interaction with archers?

The unit needs be static or you would constantly just bounce them around to negate rams as a defender.

Think it also needs to sacrifice a lot more on general defence stats and take up way more pop, otherwise you'd build loads of these and not much else.

DaWolf85

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The ram balance is fine as is. I don't feel that we need another unit to help defend stacks, which are already a wholly uninteresting part of the game as it stands - they're binary. You throw a load of nukes, and either you break the stack or you don't. There's almost no chance for partial success in breaking a stack, due to how easy it is to rush in support and pp up walls; and this unit doesn't change that.