New Unit: Messenger

Integritous

oh that would be interesting puma. Yeah I suppose the balance would be off if the messenger could re-direct at will and there were no corresponding defensive flexibility enhancement, though it might be evened out if support could maybe be moved from Village A to Village B, then with a messenger moved again to Village C directly from B or something.

Yeah Brendan, maybe if the messenger had a "range" even, before he got tired or something.

Anyway thanks for the comments guys, baaaaah.

DeletedUser

what if that sheep was male ?

Well, if said sheep was male then of course the genitalia would get in the way. BUT! I think it would still work and they could still sneak over the broken down wall. And also you could have an extra resource. sheeps!

ATm i got
400,000 Iron
400,000 Clay
400,000 Wood
400,000 Sheeps

beat that :)

And of course they would have to introduce a new bonus village with 10% more sheep..... We should look into this.

DeletedUser

The idea of them messenger reminds me a story from Greek history.

Athens had just put down a rebellion at the city of Mytilene on the island of Lesbos, and Kleon, a leader, sent a warship with orders to execute every male and to enslave the women and children.

After fierce debate, a second warship was sent off in haste, promised lavish rewards of gold and wine if they succeeded by ambassadors from Mytilene. The first ship had a 24 hour headstart, and the rowers on the second ship ate while rowing to keep up the speed.

In the city, the general had read the orders and was about to carry them out when the sailors scrambled onto shore and rescinded the orders. Instead of the entire male population the 1000 principle ringleaders were to be killed in Athens...

netjakdim

I like the defensive strategy of this unit alot more than the attacking.
Perhaps if it was to take the place like the paladin only having 1 in each village
instead of 1 for all your villages.
Have it only active when you have troops in other villages.
So if you send troops to the front to defend a village and the front moves forward instead of calling the troops back and then sending them back out.
You send him with orders to that village to move X-amount of troops to this village in defense. This would save virtually weeks worth of maneuvering of defense. I don't like to much the offensive application though. Alot of you are focusing on attacking a player and then switching to another of his villages. What if someone has a barb right next to them. You could launch wave upon wave at that barb and have him reach them a minute or so to change from the barb to an active target. Then attacks that had been in route for weeks hit in a matter of minutes.

Integritous

At least then I'd finally be able to get my tribe to consume all the barbs in the region. But I do like that defensive application, it sure would make it easier to update defensive orders... well anyway, it was an idea. :)

DeletedUser

There would have to be major limitations

Lets see - send a tribewide launch at say 100 barbs in another continent. Follow that up with timed messengers to redirect the attacks from the barbs to the nearby targets. Suddently you get 30 minutes warning of an attack launched from 3 continents away.

No messengers to barbs you say?

Well, launch against your planted spy and do the same. Or, take one village the old fashioied way and then use that one village as the pivot for all future attacks.

Maybe this would be better suited to a paladin attack, limiting it to 1 attack.

I suppose you could include in your incoming, notification of a redirect. That
limits the surprise and lets you shift overkill attacks to new targets. Given the level of automated scripts out there, Im sure someone would develop a script to launch messengers to redirect attacks multiple times to confuse the target.

The potential to distort the game with scripts seems to be significant.

just my 2 cents

DeletedUser

The ambush warfare would make the game more interesting. It's a plus, not minus. Less throwing wave after wave of nukes at impenetrable defenses.