Failed Vote New unit : War Elephants

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aaron1985

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
War Elephant and or Armoured War Elephant;

War elephant, ranged and melee unit, archers on top shooting and it tramples.

Cost : More iron than hcav for armour plating.

Also does damage to buildings say rams do 100 damage, cats do 50 damage, elephant does, 30-35 or 20 damage and you pick target building or it tramples farm only, being so big and clunky or smashing wall as it attacks.

Offensive unit.

Weak vs archer and mounted archers but strong vs spear sword and offensive units when back timing. Maybe Hcav could be another counter to it what with running around cutting its legs etc or mass spearmen ( imagine real life heh ).

Time to build Unit : 5-8 extra minutes more than hcav?

Research Unit : 3-5 levels after hcav?

On research worlds it could be upgraded to Armoured war elephant, doing more damage, possibly changing the look of the unit carrying more armour perhaps slowing it a little.
Have to add in elephant defence and offence on each unit plus the elephant and damage to structure depending on ability to choose structure or wall only, though we have 2 anti wall units already be good to see another to target farm or select the structure of our choosing. I’d vote farm damage only for this one.

Carrying capacity : Well it is an elephant so a fair amount of bounty per one?

Mega unit, bring in a whole new phase of the game and force archers practically, so many ways you could go about utilising this unit, variation builds to combat it and to utilise the unit.

As for travel speed you could match it to noble travel speed to improve fakes but that would also cost you a lot as they’re not gonna be a cheap unit or it could have its own speed between slowest and noble.

Would force a new style of gameplay, was thinking could add pikes or moats as well, viable against only elephant. Especially if the War Elephant is to do damage to buildings.

It’s surely a good idea and up for discussion? Along with the most and pike idea ( extra wall type defences ).

Azz

Seven Devils

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
I vote No simply for the reason that one unit will only make this either new Meta or completly useless.

Add more units and more calculations and i think this could be fun

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
In principle, I'm voting no unless it were to be heavily altered.

I like the concept of the new troop. However, there is nothing about how it would affect the current balance of troops.

Would it be weak to spears? To swords? To archers? Or (to take from Lord of the Rings), would there be a heavily defensive-focused horseman introduced to provide a balance?

Without that level of thinking through a new troop proposal, I'm fully against this as the troop will either be over-powered or overly redundant.

I voted no, purely for the lack of specific detail necessary to consider the idea properly.