new war?

DeletedUser

Mmm... I can tell you've never had to be inside a tribe with Adellion.

I have a lot of respect for Adellion. He's intelligent, he is active, and he can be a top-notch player when he chooses to be. He also has an EGO which defies the laws of time and space. This makes him a very entertaining individual to PM & Skype with. When all is going well, and Adellion is working his Diplomatic Magic* it is fun to follow him headlong into the breach.

However, there's also a Dark side. When things are not going well, he does not step back and reassess the situation. He spews vindictive malice in forum posts, uses abusive language in tribe circulars, berates individuals for personal failures, and engages in immature behaviours which he excuses as perfectly acceptable due to his age. His ego is paramount, and any threats to his view of himself as the perfect leader are squashed, and their proponents mocked and belittled.

That is poisonous to a tribe's sense of unity, and to an individual's ability to enjoy the game.

Adellion did an awful lot for -O-. He filled in when others dropped the ball, and when inactivity in the leadership forced responsibility for the tribe onto his shoulders. But once he had that power, the tribe became a very different place. That was when I (and others) decided to leave. His abuse towards his own tribe resulted in a serious drop in morale, inactivity problems snowballed, and led to Oubliette's demise. Perhaps Adellion's greatest achievement was recognizing this, and giving his remaining mates the chance to continue in other tribes, instead of demanding they follow him (and his ego) to the death.

Having said all that, I feel the need to scratch this itch:

Calarasi, what are you talking about between me and Adellion? Please, do spill.

- Raven

* it regularly astounds me what he can pull off, and who he all has connections with. The fact that he can maintain these diplomatic relationships despite his propensity for childish name-calling really says a lot for his skills. I think that if he keeps playing this game (and assuming he can get past his own massive ego) he could be a true power someday. Though should that day ever happen, I am not sure if I would want to be on his side, or just run and hide.

Well said fellow. The way you present it certainly shakes my view on the situation of what effect, and how detrimental at that, Adel's presence may have had on the tribe. Though it still does not negate my view of the remaining players being refugees. :icon_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

grummit

This thread is pointless.

-O- failed and [DN] was the cause. [DN] is going after any former -O- member it wants regardless of tribal tag. We said we were going to do this when the first members started to leave.

DeletedUser

Just a while ago, a DN member said they are still at war with -O-. Now, you say you don't care about -O- (since -O- = me now). So, which one of you is telling the truth, and which one is lying/spamming/talking rubbish? Oh wait, its you Liquid... no need to guess then.

I believe that it was pointed out earlier in this thread that [DN] is considering all ex--O- players as if they still have that tag, unless there have been arrangements or agreements otherwise... this means that to us, -O- does not solely mean you, adellion.

AcidAngel

Just a while ago, a DN member said they are still at war with -O-. Now, you say you don't care about -O- (since -O- = me now). So, which one of you is telling the truth, and which one is lying/spamming/talking rubbish? Oh wait, its you Liquid... no need to guess then.

Well, what can I say? I can't actually say anything to Raven. I admit I don't operate at my finest when a tribe isn't doing very well. Hence why I insist on having a co-duke. (Damn you Sybrand). I get irritated if things are not done perfectly. Any sloppy TW (such as failed timing on support, or failed nuke timing, or lack of support sent) and I get angry and lash out. Ofc, I always send support when I can.
However, it was the inactivity that brought on my irritated stance, not the other way round. I think we were inactive well before I even became duke, so its hard to keep a smile when you are trying to pick up the ball while its rolling downhill anyway.

And uh... Raven, soz about the ego... :S :icon_rolleyes:

yo bizooy.... dont fret.. i still love you... want some huggles?

DeletedUser

-O- failed and [DN] was the cause. [DN] is going after any former -O- member it wants regardless of tribal tag.

[DN] was the crucible which exposed -O- for what it was. I have no problem with [DN] pursuing its refugees all the way to the rim if need be. Admittedly, I say that from my position inside of [DN], now. But I like it in [DN], in a way I haven't enjoyed any other tribe for quite some time.

I think Atraeus said it best (and this is what I really should have replied to, instead of baiting Adellion):

at the end of the day, [DN] really are just that good.

DeletedUser

Technicalities my friend. You for whatever reason choose to stay in -O-. The -O- we're referring to are those who have deserted the tribe and left for GREEN or other parts unknown. You have never been a point of interest to our tribe, (save for Acid when we tried to noble you by himself), so when we refer to "-O-", we are using a very general term to refer to them and by no means includes you.

But I like it in [DN], in a way I haven't enjoyed any other tribe for quite some time.
THEN STOP SPYING ON US >:O

DeletedUser

I believe that it was pointed out earlier in this thread that [DN] is considering all ex--O- players as if they still have that tag, unless there have been arrangements or agreements otherwise... this means that to us, -O- does not solely mean you, adellion.

Dammit, I think I just paraphrased Face D:<

DeletedUser76455

I have to admit Adellion has a point. DN has not conquered O. Adellion still exists and ravenj even admitted in a private email that they are afraid to attack him.

As for Adellion's comments about me I find it laughable and untrue. First i only had 2 villages anywhere near him. Second the day Adellion found out I left he BEGGED me to come back saying O needed players like me. Once again Adellion is have trouble contoling what come out of his mouth.

DeletedUser

Adellion still exists and ravenj even admitted in a private email that they are afraid to attack him.

Oh yes, that's the reason. Lord help us all if Adel's stacks kill a few of our nukes.

Adel is probably sits at his computer just waiting for the day that he might see an incoming from us.

DeletedUser

Oh yes, that's the reason. Lord help us all if Adel's stacks kill a few of our nukes.

Adel is probably sits at his computer just waiting for the day that he might see an incoming from us.

Isn't that called activity Liquid? Something that may make one a better player. Even though for the last two weeks I lacked it, it still didn't stop me launching the odd attacks. And FMW didn't dissappoint either.

And Code, I asked you to return in good faith; at the time, I was being genuinely concerned about your actions. In retrospect, I shouldn't have cared, but hey.

And with regards to RavenJ, Raven is a joint asset and liability in any tribe. She has a natural urge to divulge secret information that she knows full well she shouldn't be doing. She has been known to past her sit to enemy tribes. However, one cannot deny she is an exceptionally talented player, using highly defensive methods to achieve her military aims.
She also is an obsessive compulsive kind of person, which is a plus when sending about 1000 fakes. She probably spies for [DN] for more tribes than just -O- now hahaha.... (although she isn't a spy atm, at least, not for me anyway...) However, I think her assets outwrigh her strange liabilities. She also hides her gender as a way of "enhancing" her mystique, and it is one of w14's greatest mysteries, with many explorers avidly trekking around Canada looking for him/her/it. She is a great leader, but prefers "fun" to military success. This logic is highly unique, but it is so much better that way... even though this logic is what led to -O- declaring on [DN] but hey... it was fun. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

didn't know fun and military success were mutually exclusive?

DeletedUser59451

Well considering adel's idea of fun is watching his tribe crash to the ground, i.e the opposite of military success! Then for him the two would be mutually exclusive..

(*The above is not fact, just an educated guess at adel's so called 'logic'*)

DeletedUser

Isn't that called activity Liquid? Something that may make one a better player. Even though for the last two weeks I lacked it, it still didn't stop me launching the odd attacks. And FMW didn't dissappoint either.

And Code, I asked you to return in good faith; at the time, I was being genuinely concerned about your actions. In retrospect, I shouldn't have cared, but hey.

And with regards to RavenJ, Raven is a joint asset and liability in any tribe. She has a natural urge to divulge secret information that she knows full well she shouldn't be doing. She has been known to past her sit to enemy tribes. However, one cannot deny she is an exceptionally talented player, using highly defensive methods to achieve her military aims.
She also is an obsessive compulsive kind of person, which is a plus when sending about 1000 fakes. She probably spies for [DN] for more tribes than just -O- now hahaha.... (although she isn't a spy atm, at least, not for me anyway...) However, I think her assets outwrigh her strange liabilities. She also hides her gender as a way of "enhancing" her mystique, and it is one of w14's greatest mysteries, with many explorers avidly trekking around Canada looking for him/her/it. She is a great leader, but prefers "fun" to military success. This logic is highly unique, but it is so much better that way... even though this logic is what led to -O- declaring on [DN] but hey... it was fun. :D

Adellion, despite what you might think, I see a lot of great qualities in you and think you *can* be a nice enough guy. Though whenever I've talked to you, you have some sort of cycle with your mood and the moment you leave the conversation and then come back (usually after discussing something with your council), you appear to always have totally changed your mind and come back more aggressive than before.

That's what I think people are bashing - I've seen a mild form of bi-polarity* in you.

Though as for Ravenj. I think that you're seriously underestimating us if you think that we haven't managed to deduce that Raven is a rather... mysterious character! We know that originally Raven was kind of spying - though I'd say that he was a bit of a "Double Double Triple Agent" of sorts. We know what intel he gave you. We knew that you thought he was 100% loyal to you and it ended up giving you no real advantage in the end.

I mean, where is -O- now? You can say that [DN] hasn't conquered -O- until you're blue in the face - but it doesn't make it anything more than patriotic delusions. -O- was a much larger tribe than [DN]. Period. Now, [DN] is bigger, stronger & more fun than ever before. However -O- are now nearly non existent. A meaningless entity kept alive by your own sense of tribalism.

There are a multitude of facts, figures and reasons as to why [DN] have won the war. Sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "la-la-la-can't hear you" doesn't make them invalid.

*I use the phrase derived from bi-polar not because I think he has a mental affliction. But it's the best way I can think of to articulate his irrational swinging of moods. Hopefully no offence is taken - and if so, I think you have to realise this is the interwebz and should take things said with a pinch of salt.

DeletedUser

Adellion, despite what you might think, I see a lot of great qualities in you and think you *can* be a nice enough guy. Though whenever I've talked to you, you have some sort of cycle with your mood and the moment you leave the conversation and then come back (usually after discussing something with your council), you appear to always have totally changed your mind and come back more aggressive than before.

That's what I think people are bashing - I've seen a mild form of bi-polarity* in you.

Though as for Ravenj. I think that you're seriously underestimating us if you think that we haven't managed to deduce that Raven is a rather... mysterious character! We know that originally Raven was kind of spying - though I'd say that he was a bit of a "Double Double Triple Agent" of sorts. We know what intel he gave you. We knew that you thought he was 100% loyal to you and it ended up giving you no real advantage in the end.

I mean, where is -O- now? You can say that [DN] hasn't conquered -O- until you're blue in the face - but it doesn't make it anything more than patriotic delusions. -O- was a much larger tribe than [DN]. Period. Now, [DN] is bigger, stronger & more fun than ever before. However -O- are now nearly non existent. A meaningless entity kept alive by your own sense of tribalism.

There are a multitude of facts, figures and reasons as to why [DN] have won the war. Sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "la-la-la-can't hear you" doesn't make them invalid.

*I use the phrase derived from bi-polar not because I think he has a mental affliction. But it's the best way I can think of to articulate his irrational swinging of moods. Hopefully no offence is taken - and if so, I think you have to realise this is the interwebz and should take things said with a pinch of salt.

Believe it or not, I completely agree with everything you have said. :icon_wink: And no, RavenJ is an excellent recruit... nothing on me ofc :p[/sarcasm] *strokes own ego obsessively*

And please don't misunderstand me; -O- have been defeated. I'm just saying in -O- for a laugh atm...

In response to Bad, their are some, such as yourself, and other BD members, that gain fun from crushing an enemy to a pulp. That's fair enough; I certainly enjoy that aspect too.

On the other hand, their is RavenJ's logic, where fun can be gained without military success. This, I agree with. Its possible, indeed I have gained a lot of fun without military success. The verbal interplay between players, from the normal members posting jokes in the forum, to the verbal clashs between diplomats of world-class tribes, is most enjoyable. I have learned much from my friends and enemies; dare I say it, I have learnt a lot from [DN]'s ass-whooping themselves!

So yes, I do insist that fun and military success are seperate entities. However, they come hand in hand, but fun can roam on its own, whereas military success always comes with fun. You can have fun without military success, but the same does not occur vice-versa etc.

Bah, too much of my spamming. :X

DeletedUser

No matter what happens war, win, lose other then eternal peace I will be happy, admit it, peace is boring. war is fun. why people play the game is WAR. [DN] or DECIDE or both will be fun.

period.

DeletedUser

No problemo

Thanks for the Tribal ODA and Caps tomas the turtle :)

Eh?

You're down 2 villages against Thomas the TACO. I guess your tribe likes to lose villages as much it likes to internally noble :icon_neutral:

tomas torquemada

No problemo

Thanks for the Tribal ODA and Caps tomas the turtle :)

Hate to burst the bubble but you have lost FIVE troops for every ONE I lost. and as for thanks for the CAPS. Remind me of all these caps you took.

Toasta3000 took a village off me many weeks ago, as I got Lazy (mistake i haven’t repeated)and didn’t protect it at all. so I took 4 villages off Green in compensation ( 2 off an inactive which you tried to defend and failed, and 2 from an active player - one of which a sniped village i let him clear for me and took off him and again they tried to take villages i took and failed). :lol:

Sorry but a little bit of info on you magnificent performance

1) You set an attack window that was damn hard to track down because the initial attack was spread over 27 hours, with less than half managing to hit me within a window of about 2 hours. :icon_eek:

2) For some reason you commit 6, 7 or even 20 nukes at a village and then send a scout to hit just before - pointless :scout::axemen:

3) I haven’t lost a single village for the 14 million ODD, not one single village and you have almost exhausted your offensive capability in an area where Decide have just declared, in full knowledge the declaration was coming. - amazing leadership :icon_redface:

4) I have had some of your own people contact me telling me how abysmal the coordination is within Green ( yeah tell me something I don’t know) and looking for a way out. :icon_surprised:

I could go on but I think I’m getting the message across.

Basically, you made the same mistake Oubliette did, and that is brute force with no coordination will take villages if everyone throws troops at one player. Wrong !!! [DN] operate as a tribe and I did what i did in the initial stages of the oubliette war, got stacked and stripped you of the offensive capability in the area.

Good Tribes learn to use a bit of intelligence in TW and utilise whatever tactics are necessary

TT

Last edited: