Newsletter #1 - 2009-11-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser40757

It would probably go better there. Especially since this has the potential to be spammed as badly as the moderator introduction threads ;)

DeletedUser62440

I say this especially because announcements re "read this or else" but if it's always getting bumped by this thread then that's bad :(

DeletedUser

Fake limit

Even after the explanations given in the news letter, I still don't agree with fake limits.

DeletedUser

Even after the explanations given in the news letter, I still don't agree with fake limits.

The explanation wasn't meant to persuade you, but to stop the confusion that some people were thinking that 1m point players had to send 10k troops per attack.

DeletedUser80408

You know the email bb-code did not work in the in-game mail.
I got this:
To submit a question please send an email to [ email ]questions@tribalwars.net[ /email ]. Thanks!

I have added spaces so the system wont mistaken it for a bb-code.
Just an FYI

DeletedUser

I don't like the new section :(
I used to be able to have my screen sitting so I could see both Announcements and Scripts sections and they fitted perfect into the screen, now they are all squashed:icon_cry:

DeletedUser656

Maybe it'd fit better in the General->General section, next to Bug Reports? Since everyone's going to be getting it in-game it doesn't really need to be all that visible.

DeletedUser

lol don't take me too serious :) I just like to be awkward!!
Really I generally sit me screen so that I can just see the four sub-sections in the scripts section and so will know when I get a new reply...sad I know, but usually I don't sit there just refreshing the page waiting for people to reply:icon_redface:

someone please post for me :p

And this is a great idea, only thing I am worried about is there might not be enough stuff to fill a news letter with interesting info all that often, only time will tell

DeletedUser

Another possibility would be to have the newsletters in announcements but have them locked and just have a link to a discussion thread in general (not a separate sub-forum).

DeletedUser62440

That was harsh. Anyway, I think maybe putting it in a different place within general though have a link in the actual newsletter to it :)

DeletedUser

I dont like to read news i already know.
I was searching the block button bottom mail :)

DeletedUser

Another possibility would be to have the newsletters in announcements but have them locked and just have a link to a discussion thread in general (not a separate sub-forum).

I think this is just fine, because if you have too many people posting randomly then that takes away good suggestions and just fills up the entire thread with useless drivel.

DeletedUser13939

Love the idea TW Team!!! Great way to keep us informed!!!

With that being said, I have two things to say pertaining to the first news-letter.

1: Bye Lizy!!! I will miss you!!! :..(

2: When we apply for in-game staff, will we be notified if we are DECLINED? If not, who can we contact to find out the current status of our request?

DeletedUser

Great idea. I liked the link to the attack id guide but I'm sad to here that Lizy is no longer here. :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

2: When we apply for in-game staff, will we be notified if we are DECLINED? If not, who can we contact to find out the current status of our request?

We will not notify people if they have been declined. With the high amount of applications we get it would not be possible for us to respond to them all efficiently

Also you cannot contact any staff member to check on the progress of your application either. .

DeletedUser13939

We will not notify people if they have been declined. With the high amount of applications we get it would not be possible for us to respond to them all efficiently

Also you cannot contact any staff member to check on the progress of your application either. .

Thanks for answering! :D

DeletedUser62440

Couldn't you just send a default message saying you have been declined?

DeletedUser

Couldn't you just send a default message saying you have been declined?

No? If we wanted to do that, we would have already started it.

Some apps get kept for months, others a few weeks. Sending out messages would just make the people who don't get one start to expect to get hired after a few weeks of no reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.