Newsletter #1 - 2009-11-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser13939

No? If we wanted to do that, we would have already started it.

Some apps get kept for months, others a few weeks. Sending out messages would just make the people who don't get one start to expect to get hired after a few weeks of no reply.

That's understandable. I was only asking as applicants get a message when they are declined for Forum Moderator. Didn't know if it worked the same way for in-game staff.

DeletedUser

That's understandable. I was only asking as applicants get a message when they are declined for Forum Moderator. Didn't know if it worked the same way for in-game staff.

Personally I would love to know if I was declined and the reason why. It takes time to make up an application and if I am just going to be declined each and every time I would like to know why so that I could either fix it, or not waste my time on filling out an applicaiton I am sure many others would agree. I know it is time consuming for the Staff to go through and reply to each applicant as their application is rejected, and that replying to them makes people think they have a shot still at getting accepted when the application is not immediately rejected, but it is just as frustrating not knowing as an applicant.

A solution would be for one person to be given the sole job of taking care of all the applicants so that they did not need to worry about any other distractions such as moding the game. And of course posting on the information for the applicants that a reply is not guaranteed right away even if the applicant is to be later declined.

DeletedUser

The only suggestion i would have is in the report section, i would like to have a filter so you can turn off friends requests and account sitting requests.I know you can deny them but they are annoying to get in the first place.

Miscellaneous?

DeletedUser

Personally I would love to know if I was declined and the reason why. It takes time to make up an application and if I am just going to be declined each and every time I would like to know why so that I could either fix it, or not waste my time on filling out an applicaiton I am sure many others would agree. I know it is time consuming for the Staff to go through and reply to each applicant as their application is rejected, and that replying to them makes people think they have a shot still at getting accepted when the application is not immediately rejected, but it is just as frustrating not knowing as an applicant.

A solution would be for one person to be given the sole job of taking care of all the applicants so that they did not need to worry about any other distractions such as moding the game. And of course posting on the information for the applicants that a reply is not guaranteed right away even if the applicant is to be later declined.

:) That's what I was thinking!

DeletedUser13939

That's really not a bad idea.

DeletedUser

The primary reason why no message is sent is simply because it takes an absorbent amount of time to go through and explain to everyone why they were declined, and to then deal with all of the people who will then go and try to argue with you about how they disagree with your choice. There is little to gain from spending the time and a lot to lose.

There are not a lot of people qualified to review applications, and the time of those people is quite valuable.

DeletedUser13939

The primary reason why no message is sent is simply because it takes an absorbent amount of time to go through and explain to everyone why they were declined, and to then deal with all of the people who will then go and try to argue with you about how they disagree with your choice. There is little to gain from spending the time and a lot to lose.

There are not a lot of people qualified to review applications, and the time of those people is quite valuable.

I could really care less about the reason. I would just like to know when I'm declined so that I don't get my hopes up.

DeletedUser

If you don't get a response that you've been accepted then you've been declined.

DeletedUser13939

If you don't get a response that you've been accepted then you've been declined.

During a timeframe of.....? I know it usually takes a bit before an application is looked at.

DeletedUser

2-3 weeks[ish], but we do have some apps that have been kept for alot longer that we still like.

DeletedUser

Like I proposed in my last post, having one person dedicated soli to the job of applications would free up the time on that persons plate, and allow people to know. To the arguing thing a simple "do not reply", or a "reply and you are automatically added to the black list" would stop people from arguing.

I know the list of mods that are qualified is limited, but I would think one would be willing to do it, and then another mod could be promoted to take over the place of the one taking on the applications job.

DeletedUser656

We don't really decline apps, just go through and select any that look good. From that shortlist we review them in more detail and pick the best.

Next time we need new people we go back to the same list of applications. It's a continuous process.

DeletedUser

We don't really decline apps, just go through and select any that look good. From that shortlist we review them in more detail and pick the best.

Next time we need new people we go back to the same list of applications. It's a continuous process.

Cool thanks for the answer. :)

DeletedUser13939

2-3 weeks[ish], but we do have some apps that have been kept for alot longer that we still like.

*counts fingers*

I think it's been about 2-3 weeks. :| *cries*

@ Morthy: Thanks! That means I still have a chance!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.