Newsletter #2 - 2009-11-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Future upgrade suggestions

As a whole I really do like Tribal Wars but I would suggest a couple upgrades for future improvements.

1. Allow a defensive bonus for all villages that reach max. This would greatly increase the ability of players with mega villages to spend more time in building smaller villages. And yes it is true there may be a slight disadvantage for smaller players but smaller players would not attack mega players anyway. This upgrade would mainly benefit mega players who attack other mega players. Also, because it takes so many settlers to max a settlement, the defense bonus would offset this slightly so not as many defensive units would be needed. Because of the amount of settlers it takes to max a village, I have no maxed villages since it is a waste of settlers to do so.

2. Allowing all incoming attacks within the tribe to be seen in the tool bar or somewhere where it is visible to the player.

3. For premium accounts, lift the 5 max queue to unlimited. The 3 to 5 limit is nice but I believe for those who pay for the premium account, the added incentive would increase game play and more people would try the premium account for this reason alone.

DeletedUser

3. For premium accounts, lift the 5 max queue to unlimited. The 3 to 5 limit is nice but I believe for those who pay for the premium account, the added incentive would increase game play and more people would try the premium account for this reason alone.

honestly, good thinking, but i think, 10 max queue would be enough, cause you can about build a wall in a newly conquered vill from lv 0 to 10 in like 4 hours. so for everyone, who isn´t on all the time, the time for the 5er queue to be on after again, is too short.

as well, it should be possible to do more than 5 smithy researches (at least for the 10 tech system).

DeletedUser

well, its good enough that after a year, I got a full membership finally! Thanks, you are doing great job with this game, some of the suggestions above are pretty good, like the burning buildings if loyalty is down and such like that. Keep up the great work!

matko88

It is really great to read those in-game mails you are sending. I don't have time to follow completely tw news so this gives me the most interesting info about the game as a whole.

Keep it up guys!

DeletedUser

Nothing to complain about this round. :lol:
Can't wait to see what version 6.0 brings us. Personally I would love to see a new unit. :)

DeletedUser76859

Can you do the world after with same settings and no Church and perhaps a palliden:icon_redface:

DeletedUser62440

Sorry Morthy but you failed because you made a spelling mistake :):

Many of you will have noticed that all the words received some small upgrades last week.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well lest see you wright all that and not have one spelling mistake in it god can you just say well done he did an brillaint job

DeletedUser62440

Do you stalk me or something. And kdeb doesn't have mod ability here :) And I was just pointing out a spelling mistake lol.

Also, a lot of people have pointed out graphics as something that needs an overhaul. You're lucky I ever joined this game. I mean I only joined it because I knew it would use very little of my internet usage. I have only ever told one friend about this game ever. And there response was basically, "that is so lame, what is your problem". I mean why would you play this when you can play CODMW2. I think the graphics do need an overhaul :)

EDIT: To anyone watching at home. It's called a joke ok :)

DeletedUser62440

Lol, sorry that was directed at briscoe. I didn't expect someone else to post :)

Penguin11

God, I remember my first day on World 7 like it was yesterday (It was two years ago though :icon_razz:) and we are now on W44.

I have also seen the staff come and go aswell. I remember the days when Hoodoo was the admin and also when morthy was just a plain old moderator :)

tacodog01

I would like to see the ability to upgrade the village headquarters to a "Castle" once you have a maxed out your #1 village build and have a pre-determined number of villages under your control..
WHY, you ask?

I think a Castle would allow a player to better defend their #1 village, by giving the ability to build a mote around the exterior walls (thus making rams useless) because drawbridge would be up, and to build archery towers to help defend.
Also,
have Ballista's to counter rams and cats.

Once you have a Castle built, you can upgrade to a new troop type of 'Knights', which would be similar to Paladins, but without the advanced weapons.

I would also like to see us able to convert resources to gold for easier trading/buying/selling of resources from other players.

I also like the thought of having merchants that can go out and 'Farm', rather than combat troops...

These are just a couple of my thoughts to help improve the game and make it more interesting.....

CHEERS!

tacodog01

Oh, and I would also like to see Premium Accounts get a chance to start worlds 1 day (or atleast 6 hours) ahead of the general playing community.
After-all, that would be a very nice incentive for players to buy PP's..... and you could call it a 'Reward' for those players

DeletedUser

I don't think the decision to combine old and new features in world 44 was the best idea, will it not alienate both the new and old players, newer, who will not want to play with packets, and old who are not interested in playing a church world? (This is an assumption and I may be entirely wrong!)

DeletedUser

Oh, and I would also like to see Premium Accounts get a chance to start worlds 1 day (or atleast 6 hours) ahead of the general playing community.
After-all, that would be a very nice incentive for players to buy PP's..... and you could call it a 'Reward' for those players

(double post, sorry :icon_razz:)

This is a pretty good idea, though the distribution of these players would have to be fairly spread out, so that the majority of the premium account players don't end up in one spot, and kill each other right at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.